Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Forrest Fans view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poulton

C&B Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bradford
Was at the game yesterday and what a shocking side they are. Not just bad, absolutely awful. How Claridge can still play and apparantly score at this level sadly says a lot about this league.

Its the first Forest game I've been able to get to for a while and if that's the level of opposition then I can see no reason that we'll not end up top 6.

And I can see how Forest can get criticized for taking it easy and not being at the top of their game at times. You can't fail to be dragged down by some of the dross in this league.

As for performances today I thought Gerrard looked good back in goal again, Morgan seems to have come on considerably, Breckin looks solid, Perch and Bopp were creative in the middle and Johnno looking somewhere near as sharp as he once did.

On a negative point Holt and Lester looked a little unfit but still put in good performances...and even Dadi looked fine when he came on, despite the critism he seems to get.

So from here, we need to forget who we're playing and bury some of the rubbsih in this league. Sorry if this sounds like arrogance but the level of opposition today was almost laughable... and if Johnno for example gets any sort of form then there are opportunities all the time for a player of the quality he is (or was?)...
I cant believe teams are laughing at us like this! I cant understand the problem we have. last three games have all been poor 1-0 results that could have gone any way!
When was the last time we had a decent game and result? I have not been pleased with our performance since Rochdale and that wasnt even a league game! I think we have been lucky so far this season but it isnt going to last.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Its about time the idiots who think Todd is doing a good job woke up and got back in the real world.I said to my friend on saturday leaving the ground "This league is sh/t and forest were crap but were even shi//er".
Todds luck will run out soon and he will be exposed as being a crap uninventive,clueless tactition who couldnt spot a good player from a bad player.FFS Holloway says it all..........
We will be out of the cup on Saturday,lose to Barnsley the week after and if we play like we did against Forest at the Gayfarm,it will be a cricket score to them 5 or 6 nil.I never want City to Loose,but maybe if the TBs slaughter us then the idiots who love Todd will turn on him.He will not get us in the play-offs and thats a fact.............:mad: :( :mad:

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
yes. sack him and hire whom?? he's the ebst we can get, and unfortunately for us its not very good at all!

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Thats all we get off the Todd lovers.Hes the best and who will we get.......
ffs if hes the best i would hate to see the worst.As to who we can get there are at least 10 good candidates who would relish the challenge.

G
I find the 'he's the best we can get' excuse laughable.

There are ALWAYS dozens of candidates who apply a football league job when it becomes available.

No doubt people will be saying 'who would want to manage a club like us?'

Everybody! If managers are not managing then they are not earning money and they need work. The fact that Bryan Robson applied for every managerial job going (even City) shows this.

We can get better than Todd, the team performances are going backwards and feel like the Nicky Law days, some games are almost soul destroyingly bad.

The vast majority of teams that look like escaping this division have young up and coming managers with new ideas...Kenny Jackett, Brian Laws, Steve Tilson...there are a few good managers in league 2 that would relish the oppertunity to manage City, its just finding the right one.

Playing crap is fine as long as you are winning, but we have been playing consistently poor all season and the tides are beggining to turn...lose against Tranmere Rovers and team confidence will be low.......i too envisage a cricket scoreline been notched up against us by Huddersfield, wont stop me going though.

Ask Swindon fans how things ended up with Todd in charge of them only a few years ago....it mirrors what is happening now.

emj

C&B Member
Jun 20, 2005
Errrmmmm....Todd left swindon 5 years ago, you cant blame what is going on there on Todd.You cannot blame Todd for everything that is wrong at city today.
I think the time is coming for Todd to stand down if he cant improve things,but I wouldnt sack him.Move him "upstairs"and get a younger manager/playermanager in,having Todd "upstairs"will help a younger manager to concentrate on the playing side of things.

emj

C&B Member
Jun 20, 2005
If Todd is on a contract till 2009 we couldnt afford to sack him so thats why he should be moved upstairs if he cant improve our club.
I thought i'd add that for the people who are confused as to why I say move Todd "upstairs" .

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Todd is on a 1 year rolling contract that is signed at the end of each season,so if City get rid they only have to pay his contract up until the end of the season.

May 20, 2005
It must be horrible going to every game coming away disappointed when we pick up valuable points just cos you can't all say "I told You So" on t'Internet.

I despair sometimes, I really do.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Chuckle just answer me this.If you went to a resteraunt with you're bitch and you paid £20 each for you're meal and it was a dull boring atmosphere,the food was cold,bland and tasteless with no flavour.
Would you A.Leave completely happy knowing you had eaten a meal???
or B.Get the manager and complain at the quality of the meal you had just been served???
Emmmmm get out of that one motor mouth,its called value for money.

ChuckleBantam said:
It must be horrible going to every game coming away disappointed when we pick up valuable points just cos you can't all say "I told You So" on t'Internet.

I despair sometimes, I really do.
Your wrong there Chucks,
Nowt would please me more than City to go on a promotion winning run, my ego's not that BIG!:rolleyes:
All I want is success for Bradford City which i believe is BEYOND CTs capability:mad:
Im not alone neither, JR as the same ambitions despite what some people think!

May 20, 2005
beerbantam said:
Todd would have to be a real retard not to get us promotion this year!!
I really believe he will ride his look!
Though a proper more attacking manager would romp this division!!

FFs even chucks could lead us to a wim with the squad we have - well maybe not!! - remember Thornton! player manager:eek: :eek: :eek:
FFS!! Our squad ISN'T one of the strongest in the division. Your lack of a grasp on reality on all things at VP is confirmed if you think that!!!! Every player we have, is here cos no fecker else wants em. Their lack of skills is not formed into a difficult to beat team by the football fairies you know. If we had a manager that sent that team out to "express itself" we'd be down by February.

Dunno wether you are trying to get a bite with the Thornton thing. But I wasn't manager my contribution was playing in Goal when the first two Goalies (Matt and Mike Harrison's son) couldn't make it, spending three weeks organising it when so called other high profile organisations connected with the football club wouldn't even give the Lincoln supporters the courtesy of a reply to thier emails. Oh yes....and paying for the shortfall for the pitch outta me own pocket (forty odd quid) so the Burns unit money didn't have to fork out and so that like ten years after the Bradford Fire, there could be a game to commemorate the twentieth anniversary. Remind me what did you do that day again........oh that's right, turned up halfway through, mocked. went for a beer and didn't buy anything from the fundraising BBQ cos it was too pricy, I remember now.

May 20, 2005
beerbantam said:
Matt wasnt even there!!!Typical shit from you- make it up as you go along!!
Yes...he wasn't there, hence me having to go in goal Cos Matt was first choice. Then Mike Harrison's son volunteered but was asked to work, leaving no fecker else to play there, I wasn't even going to play. Matt was innthe George afterwards. Please Don't call me a liar!!

beerbantam said:
Who on paper or not on paper has a better first team in this div than us????

Btw, Who's first team have you seen to give you the ability to comment??? Back to Chuckies dreaming i reckon!!
I'm afraid our squad is woefully lacking on paper and on grass. Do we have a Lee Trundle?? An Ian Breckin?? A Kris Commons?? A Pawell Abbott?? A Deon Burton?? A darren Wrack?? Chris Shuker?? Freddy Eastwood?? A great deal of the clubs in this division have players that have the scouts watching at every game, who do we have?? A collection of workhorses and a manager who plays to their strengths.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
ffs fucking pmsl Chuckle you have just made me piss my pants......
Quote Work horses?????? Show me a fucking workhorse in our team....
And Dean windass doesnt compare to one of the better strikers in this division you have just proved yourself as clueless just like Todd,fffscbfc.

May 20, 2005
jimmy said:
ffs fucking pmsl Chuckle you have just made me piss my pants......
Quote Work horses?????? Show me a fucking workhorse in our team....
And Dean windass doesnt compare to one of the better strikers in this division you have just proved yourself as clueless just like Todd,fffscbfc.
You've proved once and for all ther Jimmy, that your football knowledge is as real as your club contacts :D :D

Your telling me that you wouldn't swap Deano for someone like Trundle or Eastwood?? Deano is 37 years old FFS and off the boil. Maybe he will hit form again and he is def the best striker we have, but I'm under no illusion that he is the type to inspire the team to the kind of swashbuckling performances that the handful of Todd Out wallahs crave. With what we have we are doing the best we will and some other feckers reject manager won't come in and make that any better. We're doomed if our board are daft enough (and with them, they probably are) to let that happen.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Chuckle i will tell you this for free mate,my sauces have proved over and over again to be right.Windass golden boot last year and if you want facts,Windass and some of the other players are pissed off with Todd stiffling the team.I have played semi pro football and know how certain managers can bring a teams heads down even before they kick a ball.Windass hates Emanuel in the team,he doesnt like playing with Claridge and thinks Holloway is a joke.Next time you get chance to see him,ask him i did and he wasnt slow in coming forward.He said i rated Todd,but now i think he hasnt got a clue...Just in case you think i dont know some of the players to talk to and have a laugh with ask Panter.

May 20, 2005
jimmy said:
Chuckle i will tell you this for free mate,my sauces have proved over and over again to be right.Windass golden boot last year and if you want facts,Windass and some of the other players are pissed off with Todd stiffling the team.I have played semi pro football and know how certain managers can bring a teams heads down even before they kick a ball.Windass hates Emanuel in the team,he doesnt like playing with Claridge and thinks Holloway is a joke.Next time you get chance to see him,ask him i did and he wasnt slow in coming forward.He said i rated Todd,but now i think he hasnt got a clue...Just in case you think i dont know some of the players to talk to and have a laugh with ask Panter.
Thanks for that Jimmy...pass me twenty nicka on to Matt won't you? I'll buy you a bottle of HP Fruity out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.