Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fortress VP

City loyal

C&B Member
Apr 4, 2013
Saturdays result made it 21 unbeaten in regular season home games stretching back to that god awful night against Colchester. 13 wins and 8 draws.

Given the number of draws this season the players are probably not getting enough credit for what is a Pretty impressive run.

My biggest worry, Parky rolling up with his mob in a months time. Now wouldn't that be ironic.

OnSide

C&B Member
Feb 14, 2013
Don't go there. We are doing really well, and I am proud of the way the players are making our home ground a fortress.

RogerTart

Usual Suspect
C&B Full Member
Jan 23, 2013
Clayton
Only 4 teams in the football league unbeaten at home this season.

Let's keep it going until we're the only one.

Nov 17, 2007
#Bradford are now unbeaten in 21 home lge games (W13 D8). The club record is 25 games set from May 1976 to August 1977. #bcafc #Bantams

Bantam147

Usual Biscuits
C&B Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's a great record. And at least 3 or 4 of those draws would have been wins with a bit more firepower to our arsenal, which we should get over the next couple of weeks.its easy to forget how far we've come over the last 4 years

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
#Bradford are now unbeaten in 21 home lge games (W13 D8). The club record is 25 games set from May 1976 to August 1977. #bcafc #Bantams
And doesn't that (25th game) fall in line with the Bolton game ?

BaselBantam

Adminny McAdminface
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Basel, Switzerland
And at least 3 or 4 of those draws would have been wins with a bit more firepower
Yeah, but most of them would have been losses if our keeper and defenders had spent the last 12 minutes of each half sat on a rug by the corner flag eating sandwiches and drinking tea from a flask.

Loyal Brighouse Plastic

Riding the BCAFC roller coaster for over 30 yrs
C&B Member
Mar 5, 2015
Brighouse
And doesn't that (25th game) fall in line with the Bolton game ?
Think the Bolton game is the 24th if we maintain the record.
Be great if we turned them over to take it to the 25th game and took an auto spot at the same time leaving them in the play off positions. Funny how football sometimes throws these types of scenarios up.

Jan 12, 2008
Leeds
With the exception of the ridiculous Sheff Utd game which could easily have finished with us winning or losing 6-0 can't think of another home match this season where I've thought that we might lose at some point. In fact, with the exception of the Southend game I can't think of another match where I didn't come away thinking that the overall performance merited 3 points - if only we had someone to convert all of those chances.

I can't believe how consistently well we've played. I be honest, at the start of the season I was expecting us to be excitingly and frustratingly erratic.

Yorkieman

C&B Full Member
Dec 12, 2012
Leeds
With the exception of the ridiculous Sheff Utd game which could easily have finished with us winning or losing 6-0 can't think of another home match this season where I've thought that we might lose at some point. In fact, with the exception of the Southend game I can't think of another match where I didn't come away thinking that the overall performance merited 3 points - if only we had someone to convert all of those chances.

I can't believe how consistently well we've played. I be honest, at the start of the season I was expecting us to be excitingly and frustratingly erratic.
Well said.

When SM returned I don't think any of us really new what to expect. All I hoped is that it would be more entertaining at VP than we'd become used to over the last few seasons. Yes, we'd been grinding out results, but was often not exactly enjoyable or entertaining stuff. Right from the get go, SM has had the team playing in a much more entertaining fashion, and as you so rightly mention, most of the draws could so easily have been wins.

I was more than happy to come away from the Charlton game with a point!

Alex

C&B Member
Jun 5, 2010
What we need now is a good run of a few wins on the bounce, we've had two so far and follow that up with a few more to try and put a bit more pressure on the top 2. Bolton are susceptible to a slip up (standard Parky tactics) and we need to close the gap a bit prior to our game. Could be a huge clash if we're only a couple of points behind.

Jan 8, 2014
The North

Charlton.

Jun 28, 2012
guiseley
What we need now is a good run of a few wins on the bounce, we've had two so far and follow that up with a few more to try and put a bit more pressure on the top 2. Bolton are susceptible to a slip up (standard Parky tactics) and we need to close the gap a bit prior to our game. Could be a huge clash if we're only a couple of points behind.
it won't be long until a Bolton at home thread is created and the hysteria can start.