Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gillingham gate???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many do you reckon we'll get at VP for saturdays game?
I think it will be one of the lowest of the season with the early season optimism all but gone & the realisation that CT still hasn't cured our home-sickness, I estimate the gate to be around the 6,200 mark:mad:
Can't we ask the league if we can play ALL our games away from home???;)

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
7,500 because I am feeling optimistic, no idea why, stranger things have happened to me;)

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Minus me and my son .. I'm doing the 9 - 5 shift ... thats the second one i've missed now cos' of work :(

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Nah Ed - having to work is the most genuine reason to miss watching the team you support.......excuses that don't generally wash are;

- not going to watch the team while the current boardroom staff are there

- rather go out with my mates on the lash

- not go when my usual VP "hangout" is busy

Just a few used by some people......;)

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Wonder if JP will lend me his net connection at VP? I could then work remotely!

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
Nah Ed - having to work is the most genuine reason to miss watching the team you support.......excuses that don't generally wash are;

- not going to watch the team while the current boardroom staff are there

- rather go out with my mates on the lash

- not go when my usual VP "hangout" is busy

Just a few used by some people......;)
not going to watch the team while the current boardroom staff are there;

The incompetents don't deserve my money when they are doing nothing themselves to improve things at VP....Reasonable Excuse

- rather go out with my mates on the lash;

When you get as few weekends as me, my time is a minimum. Besides I think there is something a bit sad about your whole Saturday revolving around the football with the same old faces week in week out when there are so many things to do on a weekend....Reasonable Excuse

not go when my usual VP "hangout" is busy;

Poor excuse. But the match was on telly.

Totally Unsuitable and laughable excuses for missing a game;

"I went to the Rugby Instead"

"I went to the Horse Racing".

"I was too tired".

All used by those who shout "Part Timer" the loudest on this board.

Case Rested.

May 24, 2005
The tired excuse was because i'd been awake for over 48 hours, had a flight delayed for 8 hours then had a 10 hour flight, arriving back home at 1.20pm before the Barnsley home game last season - its called Jetlag mate and its a killer - at least to me, it don't affect some......

Being someone who proudly proclaimed that they were watching the Hudders game in the pub because it would be "busy" i really don't think you can ever comment on anyone elses excuses David.....:rolleyes:

Your right about the Bulls and horse racing - but i can't argue for those excuses because i aint used em mate...:D

BTW its possible to watch City AND have a life mate - i manage to do both......its not really that difficult.....:eek:

G
We wont get any less than we did for the Colchester game. We had lost two in a row when we played Chesterfield on a Friday night at the same time the Bulls were on and we still managed 7,300-7,500.

So im betting 7,500.

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
The tired excuse was because i'd been awake for over 48 hours, had a flight delayed for 8 hours then had a 10 hour flight, arriving back home at 1.20pm before the Barnsley home game last season - its called Jetlag mate and its a killer - at least to me, it don't affect some......

Being someone who proudly proclaimed that they were watching the Hudders game in the pub because it would be "busy" i really don't think you can ever comment on anyone elses excuses David.....:rolleyes:

Your right about the Bulls and horse racing - but i can't argue for those excuses because i aint used em mate...:D

BTW its possible to watch City AND have a life mate - i manage to do both......its not really that difficult.....:eek:
I never used the excuse it was "Busy" The fact I aint coming to VP for the forseeable IS the excuse I used. Did I not say that I wouldn't have had your lass' ticket if she couldn't have made it or the fact I could have asked Baldy for his freebie but didn't confirm that?? In fact "busy" is the last word you can use to describe VP that night. As the banks of empty seats that I predicted in BOTH ends testify.

The only way things will change at VP is if we vote with our feet. It's the ones that don't, that are ruining it for the rest of us. The main reason people don't is that they aren't brave enough, in case some folk, who in the scheme of things are insignificant and don't really matter, question their loyalty to a cause who if we are honest or bright enough to admit, shows no loyalty back.

So for the record, when someone see's me in the chatroom or in the pub on matchdays. It's because I can't be arsed with the wankers (the organgrinders and the monkeys) who are supposedly running the show at VP. And if some blokes I hardly know who I see on average once a month question my loyalty as a result, then why on earth should I give a fuck?

May 24, 2005
I agree with you to a certain extent - you know i do, and you know my feelings on Brown. I can't see what good it does though to boycott, if enough people did vote with their feet we'd have no club mate - there's ways and means, and staying away is a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face IMO.....

May 20, 2005
I think paying 60 quid upwards a month for something that I don't enjoy anymore would be cutting me nose off to spite me face. I'm not specifically on about Brown. The shite the City fan has to put up with on matchday is well documented.The fact that if you ask a question any more taxing than how many tickets sold to the club on the websit is answerd with ignorant sarcasm, the fact that the board are crying the poor tale to the fans whilst there is only one of em putting any brass in etc etc.

In any other walk of life you'd take your business elsewhere. You cannot in football, but you can excersise your right to not bother when you have had enough. Which I have. I'm not the only one that feels like this. The emotional blackmail of "no club" "reduced wages" for the stayaways is bollocks. The morons at VP just see that more bums on seats is easier than them having to put any thought into getting things right. In short the fact that they KNOW they have a hardcore of fans makes them lazy. The club wouldn't die if a few more people thought fuck it. It'd kick their lazy useless arses into gear! You carry on wasting money on a group of people who don't give a shit Matt. Your decision.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Chuckle did you read the readers letters in the sports section of the T&A yesterday? There was a fella going on about basically what you have said and sent a copy of the letter to the club, as you feel the same I'd suggest you write a letter of similar content so they don't think it's a one off and they may act on it.

As for the other fella who wrote in talking about getting rid of Todd and saying Cooke is gargage and how he thinks Cadders is a better player, he should really watch the games before coming out with such rubbish.

May 20, 2005
I thought exactly the same about both letters. I've written and emailed to the club on more than one occasion an a level headed and unconfrontational manner regarding the poor customer service and why the club fails to attract floating fans and never got a reply. I was that pissed off about how my love for City has wained I actually penned something for the Gent, but never submitted it because it wasn't very complimentary about the some of the people involved at VP that tend to get looked at through rose tints. I thought it may put Mike in a position if it went in.

I may submit a letter in response to the idiot who wrote the letter about Todd and Cooke and in support of the other dude if I get time this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.