Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Give youth a chance.

Your opinion

• Give youth a chance (4-5 players)

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Give youth a chance (2-3 players)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give youth a chance (1 at a time)

• No, they are not ready yet / not good enough

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Where do we go from here?

What positives have come out of this season?

JoeBo...

Erm... that's it.

Why the hell hasn't CT given youth a chance. He's had so many opportunities and yet despite how crap the players play, he's only given one lad a chance, and that only two brief run-outs in a mickey mouse cup. Why oh why have Swift, Colbeck and all the other lads reportedly playing well not been given a chance.

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
I've voted 2-3 players should be given a chance.

We can't go far wrong with Swifty getting a chance on the right side of defence. Colbeck sounds like he's in form, stick him on the right wing with Ben on the left. Those two know each other pretty well so they should be able to help each other settle into the team.
JoeBo deserves a chance on the bench, as does Penford.

May 22, 2005
Here's one for you Dutch who would you prefer to see playing in the first team?
The Big Iam Lord Windass or The Young Pretender Joe Brown?
After the last few weeks i would play Joe alongside Cooke.

If your GOOD enough, your Old/young enough!
From Robbie James to Simon Francis, If your the best guy for that psition you should be in on merit!
End off;) :D

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
On current form JoeBo and Cooke.

Look at Hudders. Played some kids, doing ok.
Southampton, took a chance on Theo and about to make 10 mil.
Rooney, they said he was too young... yeah right.
While we may not have any Walcotts, Rooneys or Owens, we surely have some lads who are at least league one material and who will actually give a s#it for this club. Even if they are no better than Petta or Edghill at least we'll be saving wages and making use of the 300k per year the youth setup costs... and hey guess what... it might send out signals to potential stars that if they come here they will get a chance. At the moment most parents and agents will be telling the kids to steer clear and go to Leeds or Udders as VP will see them end up on the scrap heap quicker than you can say "Steve Claridge".

G
Danny Forrest has always said (and I paraphrase) "give me 10 games and if I'm not good enough then fine".

That shoul be the same for every kid we've got that shows a bit of promise.

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
komakino said:
Danny Forrest has always said (and I paraphrase) "give me 10 games and if I'm not good enough then fine".

That shoul be the same for every kid we've got that shows a bit of promise.
Yeah I think that is fair. There are a good few lads who deserve that sort of run (excluding Sanasy and Forrest as they are out on loan).
Even Michael Symes must deserve a chance after Christmas unless we can get somebody to take him on loan for a bit?

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Under CT thats not gonna happen anytime soon.
another reason he must go

our youth have some promising players in them - mainly penford - i rate this lad highley and think hes as able if not better than schuey
on his 2 preformances so far jobo has looked sharp and lively - unlike 'i'll dive to get a free kick cos i cant run' windass

Status
Not open for further replies.