Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Goalkeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
If he plays anything like his dad he'll be an excellent signing, thought he played as a striker or thats what his dad said at somepoint i'm sure..

May 22, 2005
The Lincoln keeper seems to be strongley tipped to become our next man between the sticks.Marriot as not taken up Lincolns new contract offer and is looking for pastures new along with several other Lincoln players.

May 19, 2005
From the T&A:

Bantams closing in on new 'keeper

City have the man in mind they want to replace Paul Henderson.

The club were expecting an answer today from the 24-year-old goalkeeper, who they have not named.

The full version of this story is in this evening's Telegraph & Argus, and will appear on the website later tonight.

So it's someone other than Ricketts then.

And why does the T&A have City news before it even appears on the official website...?

G
Think he still wants Rickkets and he'll sign when he gets back form his holidays

Why no news on the city site...maybe they trying to keep it a secret so no-one will rival the signing

May 19, 2005
Sorry, I wasn't implying that it was instead of Ricketts, it's just that I thought this "new" signing could have been Donovan putting pen to paper.

And I'm sure that the club don't ever want to let the cat out of the bag, but it's just struck me recently that news items appear on the T&A site before they're on the club site.

G
It cant be Alan Marriot then as he's either 27 or fast approaching 27.

24 sounds a good age for a keeper though, was Matt Clarke not that old when we signed him? :)

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Dbantx said:
It cant be Alan Marriot then as he's either 27 or fast approaching 27.

24 sounds a good age for a keeper though, was Matt Clarke not that old when we signed him? :)
Keepers can go on forever so it doesn't really matter on age, Southall played in the prem at 40+ now who was he playing for????

G
lol Southall may have played in the Premier when he was 40+ but he was way past his best. The moment that sticks in my mind is when Leeds took a long range shot against us that was looping slowly towards one side of the goal, Southall seemed to be moving in slow motion bullet time, nervous gasps arose from all over the stadium but in the end he caught it with ease to a loud cheer of relief.

Found a comic strip once that was entirely devoted to taking the pish out of Southall in that game, im gonna have to find it. :p

Zonnebloem

C&B Member
May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
Cadders close to return?

Old gossip, i know but this may indicate progress from Sheffield Star

Blades exit SHEFFIELD United's out-of-favour striker, Danny Cadamarteri, is poised to re-join Bradford City.
The forward, who cost £50,000 from Leeds last season, has been locked in talks with his former club about a possible move back to Valley Parade with sources at Bramall Lane indicating that a deal is imminent.
Cadamarteri was once rated one of the country's most exciting talents after bursting onto the scene as a teenager at Everton but has struggled to live up to that reputation.
Despite hitting the scoresheet just once during his stay in South Yorkshire, the 25-year-old has impressed teammates and coaching staff with his ability and enthusiasm.
Cadamarteri was one of seven players placed on the transfer list by Neil Warnock yesterday and the United manager is expected to plough any money raised back into team building.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Goal Keeper

On City Gent Site - reckon it could be Howarth from Tranmere he is 24 and on a free.

Was regarded highly when at York - some prem clubs if my memory serves were interested at the time before he moved to Tranmere.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
briggus said:
Was regarded highly when at York - some prem clubs if my memory serves were interested at the time before he moved to Tranmere.
Aye, remember when he was there afew clubs in the prem were keepin their eye on him.

G
Wirrals say he has been an alright back up for them but was never given a fair chance. However they said on the rare occasion he did play he was not good at commanding his defense.

However at only 24 i suppose this attribute improves with age, experience and confidence, if was once regarded as promising then he must have a flash of talent in him.

Hell when Clarke came here i think the Wendys said he was never really given a fair shot there (as you can tell im a big fan of Clarke...well his ability...his attitude left something to be desired.)

Status
Not open for further replies.