Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Grayson

OnSide

C&B Member
Feb 14, 2013
I just can’t see it myself. His preferred way of working is to build a team and club over the long term. If it just a 6 month contract it would surprise me. Why would he do that? If he doesn’t get us promoted that is not good for his cv; if he leaves with unrecognisable differences, that really would put our club very much in the basement and unable to recruit a good manager. I don’t think it is anybody’s interest for a short term contract. Hey I suppose nothing should surprise me.

Citelhta

C&B Full Member
May 6, 2015
Bradford
I don't think there's much need for a meltdown, even if it is only a short-term contract till the end of the season. I think we've selected the best possible candidate in order to steer us back into the playoffs.

I think it provides both the club and the manager with great flexibility but, more importantly, I think it shows the willingness of both Rahic and Rupp to succeed NOW. They’ve done all they can to tempt him in and that shows ambition. I like that.

Time for us to get behind Grayson, and the owners, and show him why he should stay.

From here till the end of the season, 3 things could happen.

1) He could guide us to promotion via the playoffs. If he does that, then even if he was on a full contract I'd fully expect him to be touted for bigger jobs in the Championship. So it's a win-win for both parties. Alternatively, gaining promotion to the Championship may give him more reason to stay and continue to build on a successful season.

2) He could guide us into the playoffs and fall short. To guide us to the playoffs, from the form we're in now, would be considered a huge success for me. Again, he could stay and try build – having come so close this season. If he’s on a short-term contract, there’s nothing wrong with the club proposing a backup plan and starting research from NOW into who they want for the position if he was to leave.

Instead of putting a perhaps inexperienced manager (Wolf) in for now whilst the club is in rotten form, maybe they want to wait till the summer so he can properly come into the club and implement his plans from scratch. Imagine the scrutiny a manager, like Wolf, would have received if he was unable to turn the tide on what is a sinking ship. The fans would already be on his back – especially as he’s the person trying to replace Stuart McCall.

3) We don’t make the playoffs. Grayson realises that he’s probably best off staying to yet again increase his managerial value - Summer allows him to bring his own players. Or maybe Grayson gets offered another job – as disappointing as it may be, we’ll have adequate time for a new manager to come in and implement his own plans.

Last edited:

simba

C&B Member
Dec 8, 2007
X
Anything less than a ten year contract is a disgrace IMO. When will Edin learn that players, managers and coaches automatically sign whatever length of contract fans think they should be offered?

Inspector

C&B Member
Aug 26, 2012
I just can’t see it myself. His preferred way of working is to build a team and club over the long term. If it just a 6 month contract it would surprise me. Why would he do that? If he doesn’t get us promoted that is not good for his cv; if he leaves with unrecognisable differences, that really would put our club very much in the basement and unable to recruit a good manager. I don’t think it is anybody’s interest for a short term contract. Hey I suppose nothing should surprise me.
Prepare to be surprised. I only hope there’s an option at the end of the season to extend.

#KK

Living in the past
C&B Member
Sep 5, 2006
Clayton.
My guess is that Grayson could be Abbots suggestion but Edin wants to see if it pans out.
ha.. imagine Abbott showing Edin some covert video footage of Grayson gesticulating from the touchline and hair drying players in the dressing room whilst drawing 2nd half tactics on a flip chart.

May 29, 2016
Huddersfield
Unless we've offered him a massive bonus to get us promoted and he couldn't resist.

Oct 23, 2012
Could this possibly be the reason why Kenny Black and the backroom staff are being kept on until the end of the season, if Grayson is on a short term contract and he decides to walk then they can take over with minimal fuss.