Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Player Talk Greg Abbot in T & A

BantamFan

C&B Member
May 7, 2013
According to Abbot he is hoping to have a winger signed up by the weekend. He states there is still work to be done to strengthen the squad but it does look unlikely that the your lad from Dundalk is coming as we cannot agree compensation for him.

Jan 8, 2017
Nidd Gorge
10th of January, and we have done our homework, refreshing. Last window was a bit rush rush.

Hopefully this other striker has strength and can bring our very good midfield into the game when he gets the ball.

Oct 11, 2008
10th of January, and we have done our homework, refreshing. Last window was a bit rush rush.

Hopefully this other striker has strength and can bring our very good midfield into the game when he gets the ball.
Whats the point of signing anyone else when in todays T&A Stuart has almost admitted that if Hanson is fit he plays.This means that our leading scorer,or any new signing is going to be behind Hanson irrespective of how poorly he performs.I thought we were trying to improve the side,but after todays statement I am not so sure.

#KK

Living in the past
C&B Member
Sep 5, 2006
Clayton.
Whats the point of signing anyone else when in todays T&A Stuart has almost admitted that if Hanson is fit he plays.This means that our leading scorer,or any new signing is going to be behind Hanson irrespective of how poorly he performs.I thought we were trying to improve the side,but after todays statement I am not so sure.
Could a battle of wills be looming?

;)

Feb 9, 2008
Bradford
As I said on the other thread whether we like it or not Hanson will probably be picked so why not utilise Jones for he moment on the right from where he has scored his goals this season

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
As I said on the other thread whether we like it or not Hanson will probably be picked so why not utilise Jones for he moment on the right from where he has scored his goals this season
Because he's been signed as a striker not a winger. Far easier to use HANSON on the left based on the way he played at Chelsea

Feb 9, 2008
Bradford
Because Hanson shouldn't be picked based on form, so why move players out of their preferred positions to suit him?
Whilst I agree Hanson shouldn't be an automatic pick I thought he had his best game of he season against Bury and help to Change the game against Northampton. I think Jones if he plays central is more suited to second striker because he isn't strong enough to lead the line. Port Vale fans on their forum say the same thing

Bantam75

C&B Member
Oct 25, 2014
Whilst I agree Hanson shouldn't be an automatic pick I thought he had his best game of he season against Bury and help to Change the game against Northampton. I think Jones if he plays central is more suited to second striker because he isn't strong enough to lead the line. Port Vale fans on their forum say the same thing
Yes if only we could be up against inexperienced 16 year old centre backs each week

Oct 11, 2008
So who are you going to drop to bring Hanson back in?.

Bantam75

C&B Member
Oct 25, 2014
I geniounly believe that if mcCall continues to play hanson week in week out his job will be in doubt, the owners aint going to put money into signing new strikers just so that they can sit on the bench and watch hanson stick his elbow into every opposition defender every time he challenges for the ball In the air, I highly doubt the owners will stand for it, personally I believe he will be a good plan B as it can bring a new dimention to the way we attack in the closing stages of a game but he currently should no way be considered as our first choice striker

Bantam75

C&B Member
Oct 25, 2014
The same lad who was being watched from scouts from Man City and Everton
Well I doubt the scouts will be impressed, he very rarely challenged hanson for the ball in the air, especially in the last 10 minutes, therefore giving hanson an easy game