Hanson Thread! Hanson Out!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should we offer Hanson a new contract?

• Definitely yes

• Definitely no

• Yes but on less money

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bob 'Lounge pants' fossil

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
May 16, 2013
Bradford
Is this boring vendetta still going? Obviously, not much happening and idle hands - or as my old father said, empty vessels make the most noise.
don't read the hanson out thread then perhaps?

Ricc

C&B Full Member
Oct 8, 2007
Shipley
Possibly? I don't know. I do know that our start to the season is massively overstated as it was just 3 wins and 6 draws from 9 games. We've also won the last two games - 1 with him and 1 without so it's incorrect to say we're back to winning ways without him.

However, that's neither here nor there. You said he's not he's good enough for a side chasing promotion from League 1 but that's exactly where he has been for the last 2 seasons. As I say, that's simply a fact.
I will agree with you that he does indeed play for a team, regularly that finished 5th last season, and is 4th this time..but he doesn't 'hold his own' he hinders that teams performances because he's not up to the job.

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
May 16, 2013
Bradford
Possibly? I don't know. I do know that our start to the season is massively overstated as it was just 3 wins and 6 draws from 9 games. We've also won the last two games - 1 with him and 1 without so it's incorrect to say we're back to winning ways without him.

However, that's neither here nor there. You said he's not he's good enough for a side chasing promotion from League 1 but that's exactly where he has been for the last 2 seasons. As I say, that's simply a fact.
don't worry clayton, he will sink to his level sooner rather than later

Clayton

Jan 8, 2010
I will agree with you that he does indeed play for a team, regularly that finished 5th last season, and is 4th this time..but he doesn't 'hold his own' he hinders that teams performances because he's not up to the job.
That's your opinion and I'm not going to change that clearly. I don't think he does hinder us as our other options were no better. That's just a difference of opinion.

However it's very difficult to say that a player can't play for a team who are chasing for promotion when that's exactly what he's doing.

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
May 16, 2013
Bradford
That's your opinion and I'm not going to change that clearly. I don't think he does hinder us as our other options were no better. That's just a difference of opinion.

However it's very difficult to say that a player can't play for a team who are chasing for promotion when that's exactly what he's doing.
the stats show hiwula to clearly be a better option.

Apr 3, 2012
Shelf
We do play a better style of football when he is not in.

How come all the targetmen that play against us all look a lot more mobile and get in the right positions.

The Granby Mullet

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
Feb 8, 2013
Cottingley

He's playing but not to any decent level. He's the weak link out of our strikers as the stats show. 3 goals from open play with the amount of minutes he's had. It's not good enough. That's a fact.

Ricc

C&B Full Member
Oct 8, 2007
Shipley

but not quite as effectively as a team chasing promotion from League 1 might expect from its first choice striker.

Clayton

Jan 8, 2010
He's playing but not to any decent level. He's the weak link out of our strikers as the stats show. 3 goals from open play with the amount of minutes he's had. It's not good enough. That's a fact.
Apart from Hiwula all of our strikers have been a weak link in terms of open play goalscoring.

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
May 16, 2013
Bradford
They definitely show him to be the better goalscorer I agree.
last time I checked, goals win games not being 'menacing' or having 'presence'
the stats also show new boy jones to be better than hanson.

Usual Suspect
C&B Member
May 16, 2013
Bradford
Apart from Hiwula all of our strikers have been a weak link in terms of open play goalscoring.
hence the frustration, we bring in a lad whos been scoring pretty frequently for a team lower down the league. yet sure as anything he will be displaced by hanson on Saturday.

Ricc

C&B Full Member
Oct 8, 2007
Shipley

Clayton

Jan 8, 2010
last time I checked, goals win games not being 'menacing' or having 'presence'
the stats also show new boy jones to be better than hanson.
The stats do show that. You're getting good with your number aren't you. :tup:

Goals win games is true and I'm fine with that point of view. However there have always been strikers whose primary role in the team haven't been scoring goals and they have 'chipped in' to partnerships but have still been successful. Once again, you might not like it but it does happen.

Bigrod

C&B Member
Jul 8, 2013
Up in the hills and far away
For me it's not so much Hanson; he's just a below average, ponderous, uncoordinated lower league front man. I can live with that. It's the ridiculous defences of him that you see that boil my gonads in the bag and the total blindness firstly to his faults and secondly to just how easily replaceable he is.
I agree with your paragraph above. However the attacks on him equally 'boil my gonads'. The puerile name calling, plus the derogatory comments have become somewhat pathetic. Clearly he is limited as a player and this is perhaps more apparent as the club has progressed (however so are many others in the squad). The guy is probably carrying an injury, out of form and needs to try and develop his game more, otherwise he has hit a glass ceiling and is on his way down. However he is our player, he always appears to give his all and while he remains our player we should support him.

Apr 3, 2012
Shelf
I love super Billy. sooner hes fit the better.
Clarke Hiwula Jones in the same team frightening.

I dont hate Hanson I just dont see what people see in him at all below average league one striker who was last great in League 2 a few years ago.

All this rubbish about "fired us to Wembley" Well im pretty sure in that Villa Tie there were 3 other scorers who had a huge say in the agg result.

Clayton

Jan 8, 2010
but not quite as effectively as a team chasing promotion from League 1 might expect from its first choice striker.
Opinions again.

However on this one I agree. He shouldn't be our automatic first choice striker.