Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has the plug been pulled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
on new signings. CT has said he can make do with the squad he has got probably because he has been told there is no more money. So i expect the new defender will be the last signing. Without a proper targetman i think City will struggle to reach last years league position.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well better we keep our money in our pocket than buy somebody who does not meet our needs.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Money is still very tight and i'm sure they are having to rob Peter to pay Paul over the summer months with little income coming in. Julian is giving Todd every penny they can spare to bring in players for a promotion push, But to be honest we don't really need many more signings, a Left back is a must but strikers we've got a fair few and Cooke can hold the ball up like Dele did - Too much is being made of Dele's time at the club.

Yes Dele did a good job but he was no better than Cooke has been since he settled into the team. With Cadders now on board we've got a striker who can run at defenders, We've got a goal getting machine in Windass and a tall striker in Cooke who can win the ball in the air.

We've got some very creative midfielders and also got some very good defensive players, We've got a decent keeper and a decent backline and with the addition of a left back we'll be fine.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
Have to disagree Cooke is a clone of windass gives everything and i like him.There are times however when we get muscled out in midfield and we need a get out ball and a big strong center forward is required and without one if we finish in last seasons position i will be satisfied.

G
Neddy said:
if we finish in last seasons position i will be satisfied.
I wouldn't be satisfied finishing in last seasons position. I should be progressing every year and hopefully with the players we've got I think we could make the playoffs at least

G
Todd said he can make do with the current amount of wingers he had did he not?

I dont recall him saying the squad as a whole.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
He said:-

But Todd has since knocked that on the head - and insists that he could cope without bringing in another left-sided midfielder. So wrong Neddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.