Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

Holloways fault and lack of desire in last 20 mins my guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
#1
Granted i only listened to the game on the radio today but before anybody starts shouting at Todd surely its not his fault today, if anybody is disgraced it is the players.

Sounds like we did everything right for 70 minutes, Holloway made another of his f*cking stupid passes which played us into trouble which led to the build up of the goal.

As for Bobby Petta i hope to god we drop him for the Chesterfield game, sounded like he was his usual self, drifting out of the game for large spells and lacking a good final ball. Commentators even suggested he was actually feigning injury so he could get off of the field because he bottled it. Bobby wants a rocket up his arse, if not a rocket then a foot.

Still though its only early days, however if we lose to Chesterfield theres going to be a big question mark hanging over the teams desire and Colin Todds motivational skills.
 
G
#2
I'm pleased however with Colin Todds comments in his post match interview.

He said despite injuries there was no excuse for the loss, the game was there for the taking and our players failed and he said he would have been bitterly dissapointed with a draw let alone defeat. He has had a word with a couple of players he feels have let him down...obviously Petta is in trouble.
 

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
3,163
175
3,713
31
#3
holoway managed to roll all the mistakes me makes in the 90 into 10 , when will todd realise he is shite, our worst player. Petta just needs releasing, he gave 1% effort again today, something that deserves punishment. Also looks like cadders is out (again)
it has to be said i feel even worse now than i did after the b'mouth game, it seems criminal that they won
 

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
3,158
1
1,000
#4
I anticipated a win for Blackpool about half way through the second half, we couldn't buy a goal if we tried. If Windass doesn't score that is it, we have had it.

By the sounds of it several players went 'walkabout'............I am well fed up I can tell you. It appears we have learnt nothing from Saturday. Even poor sides will score if we do not put ours away.

Todd, can also look at himself, not to have a midfielder on the bench was a very poor decision in my view, Kearney for all his faults, is still 100% better than Holloway, plus he would have been the last person I put on in that situation, I would have put Cooke on, and gone three at the back, sometimes you just have to take a chance.
 

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
3,163
175
3,713
31
#5
i'd of put deano in centre mid, emmanuel ont left and cook and claridge up front, i'm sure it would of worked better than what ct did. Also i agree that tood should of had a cm on the bench though i think it should of been penford, not kearny
 

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
1,792
93
2,598
Brighouse
#6
the calverley bantam said:
i'd of put deano in centre mid, emmanuel ont left and cook and claridge up front, i'm sure it would of worked better than what ct did. Also i agree that tood should of had a cm on the bench though i think it should of been penford, not kearny
Agree just posted that before seeing this central midfield as other recent seasons is a concern - I think we are a little light there especially with the current injuries . Putting Deano in midfield as they were one lght there - would have made him the spare player!
 

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
3,163
175
3,713
31
#8
i'm glad i didn't go, i'd of been gutted even if we only got a point, veiwing it as 2 points lost
 

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
924
336
1,713
#9
bg said:
I anticipated a win for Blackpool about half way through the second half, we couldn't buy a goal if we tried. If Windass doesn't score that is it, we have had it.

By the sounds of it several players went 'walkabout'............I am well fed up I can tell you. It appears we have learnt nothing from Saturday. Even poor sides will score if we do not put ours away.

Todd, can also look at himself, not to have a midfielder on the bench was a very poor decision in my view, Kearney for all his faults, is still 100% better than Holloway, plus he would have been the last person I put on in that situation, I would have put Cooke on, and gone three at the back, sometimes you just have to take a chance.
Tottaly agre with you about playing without midfielders on the bench & wrote about it on official message board. It's difficult to have an opinion from St-Petersburg, listening to radio, but today it's not only players who was guilty in this lost.
 
May 21, 2005
637
0
1,000
#10
1. Why didn't Cooke start-Todd showed he had learnt nothing after the Bournemouth game

2. I hope Claridge is better than his performance today suggests, he did absolutely nothing

3. All the Wigan stuff looks to have taken it out of Windass, he has done nothing in the last two games, partly due to Cooke not holding up the ball enabling him to make his runs.

4. Petta is absolutely woeful, he isn't even half the footballer Summerbee is.

5. Todd needs to take a long hard look at himself after today. Why put Emmanual in the centre, he wimps out of challenges at left back and left midfield, never mind centre mid.

Why bring Holloway on for Petta, what could that possibly give us when we're chasing a game?! Especially when our only target man is sitting on the bench, absolutely ridiculous.

6. Haworth is a shocking goalie. The goals against Bournemouth were his fault, it seems he is incapable of shouting and/or commanding his box, again he could have done better with the goal today.

If Todd doesn't sort some of the above points out prepare for a season of nothingness.
 
G
#11
Hopefully if Schumacher, Bridge Wilkinson and The Don are all fit for the Chesterfield game i think we may see a backlash. We need to start turning it round quickly though so we dont lose pace with the promotion contenders. If we want to keep up with a solid playoff place we need to be looking at a 10 point haul from September absalute minimum.
 
Aug 25, 2005
651
0
1,000
35
A posh town called Harrogate!!
#12
Bantams_AnD_Proud said:
1. Why didn't Cooke start-Todd showed he had learnt nothing after the Bournemouth game

2. I hope Claridge is better than his performance today suggests, he did absolutely nothing

3. All the Wigan stuff looks to have taken it out of Windass, he has done nothing in the last two games, partly due to Cooke not holding up the ball enabling him to make his runs.

4. Petta is absolutely woeful, he isn't even half the footballer Summerbee is.

5. Todd needs to take a long hard look at himself after today. Why put Emmanual in the centre, he wimps out of challenges at left back and left midfield, never mind centre mid.

Why bring Holloway on for Petta, what could that possibly give us when we're chasing a game?! Especially when our only target man is sitting on the bench, absolutely ridiculous.

6. Haworth is a shocking goalie. The goals against Bournemouth were his fault, it seems he is incapable of shouting and/or commanding his box, again he could have done better with the goal today.

If Todd doesn't sort some of the above points out prepare for a season of nothingness.
I couldn't agree more with your comments!!

Granted the injuries didn't help, but at the end of that game we had 3 players out of position, just so flapper-knackers could come on and gift them a goal!! Emanual - centre-mid, Edghill - left-back and Taylor left-wing!!

What does Todd see in Holloway?! It is beyond me!!

And will that bloody keeper come off his line at some point?!!

The fooking TBs are laughing at us and I'm afraid today they have every right to!!!

HGTEB31!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
 
May 20, 2005
8,787
2
2,588
#14
Just going from the radio commentary the main problem stemmed from not having Kearney on the bench. Like somebody said elsewhere, Windass should have gone into midfield, he's a more than competent midfielder and Cooke or Claridge should have come on in place of Schuey. This smacks of a total reliance on Deano's goals and I was flabbergasted when Todd was moaning about that reliance on the Pulse after the game. FFS he bought Emanuel on and stuck him in centre midfield according to the Pulse, he can't tackle the skin off a rice pudding in his own position.

Muirhead sounded the Mutts Nuts today, which is good. If Petta was as Rhubarb as folk are saying, I hope Morrison gets his chance. Tim and Sticks were calling Holloway woeful and said his mistake led to the goal. Taxi time there I think.
 
May 19, 2005
11,757
0
1,000
31
Yeadon
#15
Todd loves holloway, i dont see why he must be able to see hes a pile of wnak!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.