Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How much for Deano?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were CT & JR what would be the lowest price you would accept for Deano?

He's no spring chicken anymore & If Wigan really are offering any kind of money, im sure the club would cash in!

The goal machine he Is, I think if he did depart, we could buy a decent replacement & maybe Cooke 'n' Cadders would take more responsibility in front of the goals!

I think any offer/s over 150k would have to be seriously considered by the board!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Barmy said:
Think any offer that came in over 100k could be enough.
Depends whos asking and how much balls they have..

In the form hes in and the contract hes got .....You would have to look at cash and player.....

If it were Danny Forrest with Deanos scoring record last term and this we would get a million+ easy and then some.... But sadly hes not.

Hes a 36 year old striker whos not performed or scored a decent amount in the Prem or Division 1 throughout his career......

Thank fook he is performing here now... And how greatful we should be that we have him....

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
£700 000 for a 30 fooking 6 yr old, its a buyers market and i think rodes will accept any ofer over 150k. That said, the total story it bull shit so lets not speculate

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
exactley, rumor generated by you and your 'contacts'. I have to admit though it made last night a bit more interesting reading the various threads about rumors

G
If indeed we have rejected a 450k bid for him then i would guess we wont be accepting anything under 750k.

YES it is a buyers market...however Windass is worth a lot to our club and promotion could hinge on him being sold or not, Rhodes accountants will no doubt be working out if he is sold for a certain price how much would we lose out in gate receipts if we are not promoted etc...Wigan are swimming in cash and the ball is in our court not theirs. If promotion depends on his goals then Windass could potentially be worth millions in gate receipts and merchandising in the following years. If we sell him for 150k and lose out 500k on promotion then we have just thrown away our best chance for promotion and a hell of a lot of money, Rhodes will know this and the money coming in will have to outweigh possible money lost on promotion.

We would need two forwards to fill Windass's shoes so i'd expect soem of the dosh to be spent on a new forward.

Taking all this into account, i dont think Windass will be sold even if the rumour is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.