Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hypnotherapist !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Did anyone else see the interview on BBC news with Marysa Peer?

Apparently she has been employed by Wigan to hypnotise certain players into believing in themselves and hence play better!

She concentrates on the players skill and ability and, if they have had a particularly good game, gets them to focus on that and try to reproduce the performance - 2nd in the premiership !

Perhaps we should get her phone number !

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
"""if they have had a particularly good game"""
She may have to go back a long way with the likes of Givballaway Hollaway lol

----- Were you a footballer in a former life?
----- Can you spot a C& A shirt at 5 yards? etc etc

G

I think Darren Holloway is the worlds best hypnotist himself, why else would Todd be playing him?

'Darren you were rubbish today and im never...'

'Look into my eyes look into my eyes not around the eyes into the eyes 1 2 3 your under, I was not I repeat I was not rubbish today, you have just witnessed the best performance from a footballer in your entire management career and you will not hesistate to play me in whatever position i choose for the rest of the season.'

Perhaps she could hypnotise Danny Fatamarteri into stop being a lazy waster with no ambition but to earn money?

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Seriously, it is called coaching. Nothing wrong with focusing on the positives and getting the players to believe in themselves.

The way to get players to play good team football, is to get them to identify their strengths, and to identify what they are not doing right. You then get them to set a target, and timescale of when they want to improve. They identify what and how they might achieve this. You help them to start setting small targets inbetween. It also helps them focus on blocks or obstacles that they perceive is getting in the way.

This method works well for groups as well. So individual Performance Coaching and Team Performance Coaching, may well bring really good results. I have been using this method with my team, to very good effect. In fact the whole notion of coaching comes from sport. The trick is to get people to take responsbility for their own learning and development, with the Team Coach assisting and supporting along the way. It doesn't work with people who don't want to change or improve!!!! The old adage you can take the horse to the water, but you cannot make it drink comes to mind:D

There you go, I will do it for nothing;)

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
panther said:
Did anyone else see the interview on BBC news with Marysa Peer?

Apparently she has been employed by Wigan to hypnotise certain players into believing in themselves and hence play better!

She concentrates on the players skill and ability and, if they have had a particularly good game, gets them to focus on that and try to reproduce the performance - 2nd in the premiership !

Perhaps we should get her phone number !
That may be true in what she is doing but to me its a party trick...

Players play well because they have the right mind set and skills on the day..Along with getting the breaks within team play...

Things like this should be banned from football rather than encouraged...

Palour room rubbish.. Its all mind over matter...

If someones top two inch isnt working then they will underachieve no matter what....

Bollux...:mad:

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
I agree they should be in the correct mind set, theyr erm professionals ! but mayb a little help along the way ! who knows.

Well we shall see - Iv got an open mind about things so omg if theyr still up there at Christmas - sign her up I say !

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
panther said:
I agree they should be in the correct mind set, theyr erm professionals ! but mayb a little help along the way ! who knows.

Well we shall see - Iv got an open mind about things so omg if theyr still up there at Christmas - sign her up I say !
Its all rubbish though... Same as the bird who went round supposedly lifting curses for teams who couldnt win at home...

Or that dog that even we tried ffs...

The players get the results not some 3-2-ooooooooone your back in the room faker..

Proven fact people who are given medicine for colds etc and those given placebos heal at the same time...

Mind over matter..Tell someone things they want to hear enough and they believe it..

Downside to it is what happens if it goes wrong presuming it does actually work... Will we see Lampard barking like a dog in the centre circle..:D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I personally don't think she is using hypnotherapy though Panth. She will be using tried and tested coaching methods, albeit under the guise of hypnotherapy.

I bloody hate admitting this, but Tony D is right for once.....

Firstly you have to have the right motivation, secondly you have to put time and effort in to what you want to achieve, and thirdly you have to recognise that it is yourself that is stopping you from achieving. You cannot ditch your responsibility on to other people or circumstances. Certainly as a leader in any profession you can try and eliminate obstacles in the way of people achieving, and make it an achieving environment; a can do type of environment; but it is down to individuals and the team as whole to produce the goods.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
It could go all-wrong, imagine seeing Windy rise to head in the winning goal ---- just as the other team take a throw in midway in our half of the field -- lol
He knew it would happen but he got his timing wrong owing to givballaway kicking the ball into touch instead of a long punt up field

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
tony d said:
Or that dog that even we tried ffs...

Mind over matter..Tell someone things they want to hear enough and they believe it..

Downside to it is what happens if it goes wrong presuming it does actually work... Will we see Lampard barking like a dog in the centre circle..:D
Hang on I believe I started a thread and you two now agree !! cmon this cant be right ! can it ?

btw that dog was the smelliest thing I have ever encountered !!

Why ? is Lamps joining Wigan then ?? :p

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I know I must be having a funny turn;)

yes we have tickets, I have managed to drag him off his sick bed to come;)

and yes we will be joining the elite set and the top table;)

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
bg said:
I know I must be having a funny turn;)

yes we have tickets, I have managed to drag him off his sick bed to come

and yes we will be joining the elite set and the top table;)
Nothing wrong with agreeing !! lol

Elite set ???? ffs wtf ??:eek: Surely we cant be talking about the same table ! Parrot at the head, Jimbo, Beer, KB, QB, Beers other half, Mrs Parrot

Glad hes coming off his sick bed ! although, mind you, that means we kinda got to erm.... behave a little ! :rolleyes:

what time you goin then ??

I will prob have to meet Jimbo somewhere - hes got mi ticket - I hope !! if not hes in for a kicking !

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
oh noooooooooo that requires planning, tend not to at the week-end;)

although he did mutter something about having a pint:D

G
more political correctness gone mad

you should either do your job or get the sack

imstead the taxpayer funds more psychobabble

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
stood, have you ever considered anything outside of the PC Correctness of your world?????????

some things just aren't about political correctness; I realise this might be a shock. It doesn't even fall into psychobabble either, although in my view their is an element of counselling involved. You don't read very well......it comes from the world of sport!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do anything to get people to do their job better, I have an open mind, and don't just dismiss things out of hand, just because it does not fit into my view of things.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
panther said:
Hang on I believe I started a thread and you two now agree !! cmon this cant be right ! can it ?
Just to point out a fact here Panth...BG is agreeing MY point of view....Slightly different from me agreeing with her[never:eek: ]

Eventually they all see the error if their ways...:p

BTW hasnt it got pretty boring on here the last couple of days... Strange that happened in conjunction with mein fuhrers new rules and the banning of the swearing choirboy:p

Chuckles not being around also adds to the drying up of anything interesting in the debating circles..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.