Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If Todd isn't the answer who is????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I have nothing against Todd and I'm quite happy for him to remain manager but there are several people who don't feel the same way both on this forum and at the ground last night. When walking away from the game last night there were several conversations I could here going on with Todd being the topic of discussion.

My question to you is this, If Todd isn't the answer, who is? Who could we bring in with a closed transfer window that would do a better job? It's all well and good you calling for Todds head but you must have someone in mind if your doing so, and I'm interested to know who you have in mind.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
That looks quite an interesting site but those calling for Todd's head must have someone in mind, you can't tell me they want Todd sacking but City to carry on with no manager or to have a long period with a caretaker manager.

I seriously hope those calling for Todd's head don't have managers like Brian Tinnion in mind.

G
does not matter what the f we think anyway - with Bowen up there holding the rudder we could not be In safer hands .........."ROCKS AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Yes, I can really see him leaving his secure job at sky sports and probably taking a pay cut to manage a team with no finances and be expected to gain promotion and feel the wrath of the fans for not winning every game.

Chris Kamara is as likely to come to city as Bin Laden is to become President of the USA.

G
I wouldnt sack him now, i'd give him until January and if we are not mounting a serious playoff push and the home form is still as poor as ever then get in a young up and coming manager from league 2.

Appointing old school managers is becoming a thing of the past and getting in potential star managers is the new big thing. There are plenty out there its just finding the right ones from the right club. If you look at the top 6 of league 2 probably half of those are potential Nicky Laws and the other 3 are potential very good managers.

G
Dbantx said:
I wouldnt sack him now, i'd give him until January and if we are not mounting a serious playoff push and the home form is still as poor as ever then get in a young up and coming manager from league 2.

Appointing old school managers is becoming a thing of the past and getting in potential star managers is the new big thing. There are plenty out there its just finding the right ones from the right club. If you look at the top 6 of league 2 probably half of those are potential Nicky Laws and the other 3 are potential very good managers.
So we keep trying new managers until we don't have a Nicky Law?...you're jiving us man!!

'Get real!'

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Thorney Just For You

As i was the first to start the Todd wants sacking and now that a few are starting to think the same.I said 3 weeks ago Gary Johnson as manager.He has arrived at BristolCity and turned their form upside down.His tactical knowledge and motivation excell.He turned us over nearly with a half decent side.As for our next manager,theres a few motivators who can kick players up the ass and get them playing.Peter Reid,Bobby Williamson would be my choices.Look at the other bcfc and watch them storm up the league from third bottom. :(

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Well I'll give you credit for putting some names forward to back up for calls for Todd's head, at least you've thought beyond just getting rid and have some replacements in mind.

Peter Reid would want too much money I'd suspect as he was manager of Sunderland, Leeds and Coventry so he'd probably be used to a large pay packet. I've always liked Reidy but wouldn't want him ahead of Todd.

I'm not to sure who Bobby Williamson is, is he the guy who has recently been sacked by Plymouth Argyle?

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
New Manager A Few Of My Choices

PETER REID,JOHN GREGORY,JIM SMITH,GARY MACCALLISTER,JOHN GORHAM.
Any of the above would be an excellent replacement for clueless Todd,at least these managers can motivate their players and get them to fight for a lost cause,unlike Todd. :D

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Just to make a point.lol.
I think some posters cant be bothered trawling through all the posts,so i make it easy for them to read my posts,as mine are the only ones that should be valid.This is because you will all come round to my way of thinking.SACK TODD NOW. :p :D :eek:

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
jimmy said:
PETER REID,JOHN GREGORY,JIM SMITH,GARY MACCALLISTER,JOHN GORHAM.
Any of the above would be an excellent replacement for clueless Todd,at least these managers can motivate their players and get them to fight for a lost cause,unlike Todd. :D
They are just as bad as the other losers you put up before Jimmy...

I take it you were hammered when you put those names down ffs...:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
Don’t keep telling us what you think Jimmy, get down to VP and tell CT, while your there nip in to see Julian and point out who he needs as manager, oh and if any of the players are about, have a quick word with them too.
You have to do it Jimmy, because no body on here is taking notice of your rantings, well maybe to or three like minded individuals who would be the first to shout out the next manager

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Mallorcabantam said:
Don’t keep telling us what you think Jimmy, get down to VP and tell CT, while your there nip in to see Julian and point out who he needs as manager, oh and if any of the players are about, have a quick word with them too.
You have to do it Jimmy, because no body on here is taking notice of your rantings, well maybe to or three like minded individuals who would be the first to shout out the next manager
Good point that Mallorca... Jimmy is of course well connected and knows whats what at VP... I dont understand why he rants this way when he is so close to the goings on at VP...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.