Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If we dont win the Dongs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Colin Todd is going to have a right job on his hands because all the moaners will be out in full force and the positive vibe will have dissapeared leaving nothing but pessimism and b*tching.

However if we do win the positive vibe will have returned and people will be fully expecting us to win Rotherham and Rochdale.

Tommorow will tell just how loyal the fans are. 8,250 on a tuesday night against Southend was a very good turnout but how many of the extra people that turned up that night will be missing come tommorow?

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Dbantx said:
Tommorow will tell just how loyal the fans are. 8,250 on a tuesday night against Southend was a very good turnout but how many of the extra people that turned up that night will be missing come tommorow?
TBH i cant see the attendance been much lower than it was against Southend...

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Dbantx said:
Colin Todd is going to have a right job on his hands because all the moaners will be out in full force and the positive vibe will have dissapeared leaving nothing but pessimism and b*tching.

However if we do win the positive vibe will have returned and people will be fully expecting us to win Rotherham and Rochdale.

I really fear it makes not one bit of difference... If we won the next six gamesthen dared to lose the next two the same people would call for Todds head...

During that time they would single out another player to harrass and scream at during the matches....

"You are only as good as your last game" Was a saying first thought of by someone who knows about certain City fans through the ages and their intent to belittle anything all the time.......

What do you expect fans to do when their team loses home games as alarmingly as us, Sing the teams praises on here?

Most of the posters who voice their discontent at our abysmal home record, are or have been S/T holders for a number of years and care passionatley about the club. I have heard none off them get on the teams back at the game, they seem to bottle their frustrations up & let em lose on here!

Just how long are people gonna put up with our home record?
8,000 people turned up at VP on a rotten evening, were treated like cattle, watched their team lose (again), & you expect them all to turn up tomorrow?

I will be their simply because i love my club, but other supporters are fickle & will only return to see a winning team.

Anyway, lets hope Tuesday was a "one-off" game & we get back to winning ways tomorrow:D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
tony d said:
I really fear it makes not one bit of difference... If we won the next six gamesthen dared to lose the next two the same people would call for Todds head...

During that time they would single out another player to harrass and scream at during the matches....

"You are only as good as your last game" Was a saying first thought of by someone who knows about certain City fans through the ages and their intent to belittle anything all the time.......

It is the fans who turn up week in and week out that are voiceing their concern at the abysmal home record. Think you might feel differently if you were sitting there watching them week in and out.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
bg said:
It is the fans who turn up week in and week out that are voiceing their concern at the abysmal home record. Think you might feel differently if you were sitting there watching them week in and out.

Shit dig that.... I have put more cash behind that clubs tills than most...

Plus im back in the UK this Xmas and will more than likely once again attend more matcheds then most on here both home and away...

But hey its always a good one that..... You dont count youre not here...pmsl....

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
since when was stating the obvious a dig??

I am making the point that absolute solid gold supporters are fed up with our home record. Now I am sure you would be there every match when you are able, what I am saying with some confidence is that you would be saying exactly the same thing as the rest of us if you were watching it week in and week out.

If I was going to have a dig at you, I don't mince my words I am straight to the point.........stop being so bloody sensitive.

G
Well im there week in week out and although concerned about our record at home i think this is no more than an abysmally bad run of home form over a period of a few years compensating for all the good times we've had. IMO we have stopped the rot and it will get better.

When we played Southend i thought we played some very impressive football at times. Those who disagree and say we played crap all match are probably letting their anger at us losing yet another home game cloud their better judgement. For periods of tuesday night we played football, not hoofball but football with some good moves and throughballs. The pitch on Tuesday looked immaculate just as Todd requested, Todd requested the pitch be in good condition because he believes we will escape this division by playing passing football, and i agree. If we can play thats nice pretty passing football for the whole 90 minutes then we WILL break teams this year who will not be able to withstand or keep up with the quality of our play. I think it may take a dozen games for us to get to our best but when we get there i think we will be excellent.

I hope your right Dbantx, but losing football will always be bad football, no matter how pretty it is!
Lets hope we stuff the Dongs tomorrow, then EVERYone will be happy!:D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
agree with most of what you have said Dbantx, but I also think we need to be flexible and take into acount that we are playing at home, and also do our homework on teams, rather than just sending the team out.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I BELIEVE THIS WAS MEANT FOR YOU TONYD,BECAUSE THATS WHAT YOU DO TO EVERY POSTER ON THESE BOARDS.YOU KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT HOW THE TEAMS PLAYING,BUT WE DO AND TODDS TACTICS ARE FOOKING SHITE.I STATED THAT WE WOULD THROW THE EXCELLENT WIN AWAY TO SOUTHEND.I DONT VENT MY ANGER AT THE TEAM DURING THE GAME AND PK AND KB WILL TELL YOU THAT.BUT I WILL CERTAINLY DO IT ON HERE.HOLLOWAY IS WORSE THAN G.EDDS YET TODD STILL PLAYS HIM.ASK 8000 LOYAL FANS AND THEY WILL ALL SAY THE SAME.YET TODD CANT SEE IT EMMMMMMMMM.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Thanks for that... I may be over here but i still have mates who go and tell me whats going on Jimmy...

Hes a tactical genius away but a nonce at home... Well not a nonce as that means thinker... Naive then...

Behave mate....

Your a Todd must go man so i have no time for you ...Plus i dont have a go at every poster... In fat up until tonight this lat full week has been quite good as i havent had any body trying to wind me up... But hey give someone a shandy and they grow some balls...;)

G
I dont think Todds a brilliant manager Jimmy but i definitely think he's better than Law and Jefferies. At worst i'd say he's an average run of the mill manager. When we're in league 1 can we really afford the risk of sacking him and trying to find someone better? In all likelehood all we can get is another average manager.

G
'Get a life Dbantex, you spent all pre-season moaning about the quality of signings and since the season has started every post has been a moan about potential moaners and fearing for CT's reputation and worrying about boo-boys!!

Chill out, stop worrying smoke a spliff, have a beer, whatever turns you on !!

But at the end of the season we will be promoted anyhow !!!!'

Already am having a beer but its not turning me on i can tell you that. I still am moaning about the quality of signings that Todd has signed or is after, check out your very own 'Andrew Campbell' thread.

However i have witnessed what i think may be a good team playing some good football so i am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until the end of the Bournemouth home game next month, in which case if we look like sh*te i will say we look like sh*te :D

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
Going back to the Dong. Have you seen our home record against them / Wimbledon over the past few seasons.
04/05 lost 1-4
03/04 lost 2-3
02/03 lost 3-5
01/02 drew 3-3

I'm still going for a win for us tomorrow that run as to end soon.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
oh god, thanks for that stevie....................you know I have problems with t'other half, lol

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
cibasteve said:
Going back to the Dong. Have you seen our home record against them / Wimbledon over the past few seasons.
04/05 lost 1-4
03/04 lost 2-3
02/03 lost 3-5
01/02 drew 3-3

I'm still going for a win for us tomorrow that run as to end soon.
Its time we beat them again then.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
Because people thought wrongly in my opinion that last season was a success it is almost blasphemy to criticise Todd. Well in my opinion we should have done better. Since then we have watched him bring in the wrong players this summer. We are playing in the first division and we want good first div players not prima donnas like petta. Yes we are playing pretty football but it will prove unsuccessful. Tuesday night was our eighth game of the season and our first at home, now i know the Boro match was of but given our problems at VP you would think he would have made it a priority.Todd has had a long and largely unsuccessful career and shows no sign of changing habits of a lifetime. I very much want to be proved wrong and hope by next may to be celebrating but i very much doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.