Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

If we want another 5 game winning run then nows the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
#1
And its certainly do-able. Bar Tranmere Rovers were not playing anybody incredible.

Chesterfield H
Tranmere A
Yeovil H
Swindon A
Colchester H


Bar Tranmere these are the sort of teams we always slip up against and in order for me to be convinced our home form has got better i'll be expecting three home wins out of three against three teams that will probably be battling relegation come the end of the season. Swindon look as though they may struggle, should be looking for a point at least at their place. I can accept a loss against Transvestite Rovers.

If we get 10 points from these six then we'll be doing better than we were at the same stage last season. But looking at the fixtures we wont get a better chance to go on that five game winning run that we did last season than we will this month...
 
May 21, 2005
2,526
508
3,763
54
Eccleshill
#3
It's not so much the opposition that will dictate whether we get a winning streak going, it's getting MBW and Schuy back in the centre midfield.
Because on current form Tom and Crooks have about as much vision as Stevie Wonder.
 
G
#4
Ah but your forgetting Johnny, our 5 game winning run last season came when we had Schumacher and Kearney in the midfield...if we get one of MBW or Schumacher back for Friday then we could start the ball rolling again.
 

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
175
0
1,000
#6
Before the start of the season i forcast city to finish about twelth but i now think we could have trouble avoiding relegation last season about this time we loaned Adebola and went on a six match winning run wich more or less kept us out of the relegation battle this year we are not capable of doing that.Get rid of Todd and give Wetherall a chance.
 
May 21, 2005
2,526
508
3,763
54
Eccleshill
#7
Dbantx said:
Ah but your forgetting Johnny, our 5 game winning run last season came when we had Schumacher and Kearney in the midfield

I hadn't forgot that Dbantx, that's why I mentioned 'current form' on my previous posting.

In last seasons winning run throughout October, Tom was very pivotol, he was constantly looking for the ball ,and opening up opposition defences with probing balls.

However, contrast that with his performance again Bournemouth, he wouldn't even look for the ball off a full-back, leaving them with the only option of a punt upfield. He was missing tackles and he couldn't find C&A to save his life.
He is clearly lacking confidence in his game, which is a waste because he has genuine talent.

Old Mystic Todd had better work some magic on him, because without MBW and Schuy we're going to struggle in that middle, unless we get a loan man in before Thursday or whenever the deadline is.

Cheers
 
G
#8
And you think Wetherall managing would be any less defensive than Todd. IMO Managers who were once defenders tend to play defensive football.

Right now i do not think we could get anyone or afford anyone who could do a better job than Todd.

Theres only one person that could bring back the crowds and possibly signal a new era if he wanted to come, and even he would be a gamble as he is unproven at management and would be virtually unsackable if appointed manager.

Add to that the fact that before offering him a job Julian Rhodes would seriously have to consider whether appointing someone with so much influence over the fans could jeapordise his own control over the management structure. Think about it, to many a City fan McCall cannot be critisized and is held in higher esteem than anybody at the club ever will be. By word of mouth he could sway the fans opinions and if he had a disagreement with somebody at the club most would automatically assume Stuart was in the right and bye bye to the person he disagreed with.

I think the only reason people want Todd sacked is in the hope Stuart would return, and IMO that wont happen anytime soon because as i said if he turned out to be a rubbish manager he would be virtually unsackable until we were already relegated.
 

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
1,803
96
2,598
Brighouse
#9
I think for the ones hopes for seeing the back of CT will only be fulfilled if we are stuck in deep relegation around December.

From what JR and Jim Brown have said Jim Brown on an interview to Radio Weeds saying something like It is a privilege to have someone of his calibre (CT) managing a club like ours in this divison......

CT should be allowed to get on with it - though I am disappointed in Petta so far and the effort CT went to to obtain his services. He has is work cut out with him if we are going to see a positive consistent contribution to the teams performances.
He has the skill/attributes - but he brings with him the dark Dutch mood swings which for me posed a risk when reading what other teams fans said about him.
 

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
175
0
1,000
#10
Dbantx said:
And you think Wetherall managing would be any less defensive than Todd. IMO Managers who were once defenders tend to play defensive football.

Right now i do not think we could get anyone or afford anyone who could do a better job than Todd.

Theres only one person that could bring back the crowds and possibly signal a new era if he wanted to come, and even he would be a gamble as he is unproven at management and would be virtually unsackable if appointed manager.

Add to that the fact that before offering him a job Julian Rhodes would seriously have to consider whether appointing someone with so much influence over the fans could jeapordise his own control over the management structure. Think about it, to many a City fan McCall cannot be critisized and is held in higher esteem than anybody at the club ever will be. By word of mouth he could sway the fans opinions and if he had a disagreement with somebody at the club most would automatically assume Stuart was in the right and bye bye to the person he disagreed with.

I think the only reason people want Todd sacked is in the hope Stuart would return, and IMO that wont happen anytime soon because as i said if he turned out to be a rubbish manager he would be virtually unsackable until we were already relegated.
I didn't want Todd in the first placde he is a serial failure he had been out of work over twelve months when he got a job with us nobody else wanted him. I know he won't be sacked yet but it is only a matter of time.I do not want Mcall he should stay what he is a legend.Look at teams like derby and Watford who are going great guns with coaches from other clubs. In my opinion anybody with a brain would do.
 

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
15,363
396
11,598
Economic traveling migrant
#11
Neddy said:
I didn't want Todd in the first placde he is a serial failure he had been out of work over twelve months when he got a job with us nobody else wanted him. I know he won't be sacked yet but it is only a matter of time.I do not want Mcall he should stay what he is a legend.Look at teams like derby and Watford who are going great guns with coaches from other clubs. In my opinion anybody with a brain would do.

Nearly every manager in the game is a serial failure and at this level that all you get unless you hire a player....

Todd is a good manager... A lot will eat their words before end of this season mi thinks... I will remind you lot of this come end of season...Im sure you will remind me of this also if things go tits...

;) ;) :D
 
G
#12
after the blackpool game i wasn't that confident about the next game, but thinking about it, city didn't play that bad, just hapless in front of goal and weak defensively at the end, so if its a sunny day, i'll feel more confident near to kick-off, at the moment i'll go for 0-0 against chesterfield just grinding out a result, with a team that seems to have been changed without cooke's hold up play
 
Status
Not open for further replies.