Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I'm sorry to say this .... Todd got it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I've become Todd's biggest critic in recent weeks but today he got it right!

The wingers were playing absolute shite like normal. Ben was pants and Petta was even worse!

The chants of "You don't know what your doing" and "stand up if you want tood out" showed just how much people would rather see Todd screw up than the team win.

The second i saw Stewart stripping off i knew what he was doing. With Penford playing really really well in midfield and pinning there attacking midfield back .... he was going to push his wing backs forward who looked much better than our piss poor wingers!

Stewart - Bower - Wetherall ..... then 4 accross the middle with windass moving upfront did the trick and this was after the chants of ... you don't know what your doing ... Todd pulled a master stroke there and not one fan would genuinely admit he got it right.... because they want him out rather than accept he got it right making the change he did.

Well done Todd and keep Penford in midfield he made Schumacher and Kearney look shite!

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
Programmer said:
The second i saw Stewart stripping off i knew what he was doing. With Penford playing really really well in midfield and pinning there attacking midfield back .... he was going to push his wing backs forward who looked much better than our piss poor wingers!
Hendry on Bantams World also said when Stewpeas was coming on that CT was playing that way --- and it worked well

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Mallorcabantam said:
Hendry on Bantams World also said when Stewpeas was coming on that CT was playing that way --- and it worked well
Nobody will admit that Todd got it tactically right today but I will and i'll eat humble pie more often if he does that.

Joe Brown was crap and was put to shame by someone nearly 23 years older than him!

Programmer said:
Nobody will admit that Todd got it tactically right today but I will and i'll eat humble pie more often if he does that.
Yeah he sure got it right mate, after HE again set our team up wrong!
Great manager that eh?:rolleyes:

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Brown was crap!!! I do hope your kidding. The lad did ok, to say he hardly got a sniff of the ball. Yes for me Claridge worked hard and got in amongst them once Penfold came on, he was the key.

You cannot criticise a young lad of his age. He didn't give the ball away, and worked hard to try and make something happen. He needs to learn how to jump and head the ball, but the only way he is going to do that is to play.

I agree with Parrot, sheer fear made him try something different for once he saw what we were all seeing. Muirhead was trying to play in two positions, right wing and right full back. The times he was tracking back to cover Holloway I couldn't count, then Wetherall had to keep coming across to make sure there were no gaps. I don't know who is advising Muirhead but they want to pack it in.

Petta, it would appear can only play one way, ball to feet on his wing, and that is it, he doesn't find space, he doesn't come in and help the midfield out, he just sits out there in the hope that he might join the game now and again. You cannot play that way in this league, you have to work your socks off, if he wants a good role model of what to do when you are not getting sight of the ball, he should look up field at the way Claridge played today, not to mention the way young Penfold played.

Penfold!!!!!!!! What can I say, who the hell has left him in kicking his heels in the reserves? He was outstanding in the short time he was on the field. He was always in space, he didn't stay out on the wing, he drifted all over the midfield, came back and helped to defend, and attacked with devasting results. He obviously hasn't been listening to Todd, as he did not stay in his position he got involved in the game, and went looking for the ball.

I enjoyed the last 15 minutes, up until that point we I cannot remember having one shot on target. There goalie made two world class saves, or otherwise we would have had all 3 points. My 'moaning and sheer frustration' all this season was proved once again, if you attack with purpose and intelligence in this league, you will walk it.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
poor Joe Brown ! , the lad played as best he could given his limited experience - he looks physically up to the challenge - not his fault the Turdster chose to wait 70 minutes to change a system and performance that was dire at best - the 2 forwards got no service before then .
Change your ways or f off elsewhere Turdster !

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Think about it, i'm not the only one who saw that Brown isn't ready yet. I know he's home grown and nobody wants to put a homegrown player down.

For 70 minutes Claridge showed Brown what he should be doing, instead brown stuttered with his runs and pretended to limp a lot when players were getting away from him. If anything Brown should be sent out to Halifax and Forrest recalled ... I never thought id say that but Forrest makes this lad look like a pub player, I know he's young and he's far too young.

Yes Todd had it wrong upto the point where he chucked Stewart on ... But thats when the fans started getting on his back .... when he got it right ... whilst it was wrong there was no chants but soon as they spotted howto get it right and got it right thats when the chants started and we started playing ... people were all hoping wed get tonked and be able to shout "Todd out" at fulltime instead there was a round of applause ...

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
Ed your posts are making me dizzy pal , too much to argue about for a sunday morning lol !
Joe Bo did his best , as for the limping bit , he'l;l have picked that up from Windass lol !

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Jobo .... Oh come on .... Stop trying to protect a young player .... he did nothing yesterday that Symes or Abbey or any other striker did last season or this season whos seen the first team and then been dumped back in the reserves.

He's got no real pace ... his frame makes it so a 6 foot defender only has to reach there neck slightly and he wins the headers ...

Brown from what i've seen is nothing special and doesnt bring the team anything at all except a lot of huff and puff and a skip when chasing down a player who left him in the dark five minutes previous.

Give me Forrest or Symes anyday over brown he's no where near ready.

And as for people saying he didnt get chances, he didnt bloody do anything .... Claridge was the striker playing down the right ... Claridge ran from side to side chasing lost causes tracking back and helping the defense what did Jobo do?

Sat straight down the middle and was lost at times.

He's not ready yet.

May 18, 2005
I wouldn't judge Brown too harshly on yesterday's performance.

Don't forget we were against the league leaders and he was being marked by one of the biggest defenders I've seen. Not the best debut conditions he could hope for.

Not saying he is going to be anything special, just that we need to see him against a wider range of opposition.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
baldbantam said:
I wouldn't judge Brown too harshly on yesterday's performance.

Don't forget we were against the league leaders and he was being marked by one of the biggest defenders I've seen. Not the best debut conditions he could hope for.

Not saying he is going to be anything special, just that we need to see him against a wider range of opposition.
correct BB, and to compare him to Claridge is laughable. The type of mistakes he made, were ones of inexperience, and that can only come from playing with more experienced strikers.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
You really thought he played well yesterday? if that had been 21 year old Symes you'd of all slaughtered him.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Symes said:
You really thought he played well yesterday? if that had been 21 year old Symes you'd of all slaughtered him.
Diffrence is Symes is older and has been coached by a prem side, in my opinion you are a little harsh on Brown.
He needs to be able to win more headers with his back to goal -yes.
He did not get much service or much to feed off and some times strikers ala lineker are about finding the back of the net he could be one of those judging by the number of goals he scored in the youth and reserves.

For me he needs to be given more time to gain experience -and at least he tried - which more than Symes appeared to do when given his chance last season. ( Who incidently I would not write off just yet as I think with some work could make it).

Penford is another we should persevere with - if he can perform like that for 90 mins on a consistent basis - we will have got ourselves a little gem. It is now up to the coaching staff to work on his game, fitness and physique so he cam be an asset to the club. He is to be released at the end of the season is he not - me thinks we may need to review that if he continues to play like that?

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Brown is no Wayne Rooney, if you expect him to score and set up chances gallore on his first ever 1st team start your expecting way too much, if he can't do it after a run in the side then you can start slating him but to slate him after 1 game isn't on.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Harsh? he's not ready yet and being thrown in so early in his career is going to send him the same way as Gareth Grant ... were is he now?

Symes coached by a preimership club so he should be better? are you having a laugh ... Evertons only decent striker in many a year is Rooney ...

Windass came through non-league, Claridge the same doesnt matter where you start its what you have in your locker .... Brown isn't any where near good enough yet and needs to mature more in the reserves.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
And how many times have you seen Brown Ed? Did you see him at Morecambe? At Kidderminster? Last 10 minutes at Scunny perhaps? - You've seen him once matey - and in the few times ive seen him i've seen enough to show he's a much better laiker than that lazy "Torpey like" piece of shite Symes....

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I've seen him a fair few times in the reserves, no i've not seen him away from VP but i've seen him play in the reserves.

He's not got anything in his locker that Grant, Midgley and all our other big prospects have had in the past.

I'm not saying one day he wont be a good player but right now, he's not first team material and with the current way Symes plays nor is he .. But if we could get symes playing the way he did against Sheff Weds and those games before Dele came then he'd be a good prospect.

I'd say Brown needs togo out on loan for a season with a lower league club and come back here with more experience and some meat on his body ... i've not cast him aside altogether but he isn't anything to write home about YET.

Status
Not open for further replies.