Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Interesting Piece on the BFB website - Re Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
Rick said:
I'm sure they have their source but I don't know how acurate it is but 900 season ticket holders not bothering to turn up for a home game isn't good, I know 2 people with season tickets that didn't bother to go that week after the entertainment that has been lacking all season.

Here it is in full. http://www.boyfrombrazil.co.uk/news.asp?date=20060127
I'd heard this before the article, but can categorically state I am not BfB's beearch/source.

May 20, 2005
The manager isn't there to get the people in. It's the fucking buffoons in the boardroom who should be selling the club ALL OVER Bradford and the surrounding areas. Performances and results are only the tip of the iceberg, and to be fair, results aren't bad considering. It's the so called brains behind the scenes that should be earning their corn encouraging folk instead of alienating even more. Fer fucks sake, how hard is it for the shirking violet chairman to say a few words of encouragement or publicaly be seen to head some kind of campaign instead of hiding behind his fucking office door covering his eyes with his hands cos he thinks, when he does this we can't see him cos he's a FIRST CLASS FUCKING WUSS!!

Never mind eh, maybe the club's man in Manningham can eventually get a few in with his latest PC hiding to nothing.

SACK THE BOARD!!!!

G
You've put me off my dinner now with that picture.
Just maybe "our man in Manningham" has got his own ultierior motive for doing what he does.....and one you've not yet thought about.....a clue...Asian money.

G
I'd still get rid of Todd presented with the oppertunity, we'll never get back to the Championship with him. Floating in mid table or staving off relegation year after year is often his style.

(Cough) (Cough) Remember my bet that Stuart McCall would be in charge of the team by next season.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'The manager isn't there to get the people in. It's the fucking buffoons in the boardroom who should be selling the club ALL OVER Bradford and the surrounding areas. Performances and results are only the tip of the iceberg, and to be fair, results aren't bad considering. It's the so called brains behind the scenes that should be earning their corn encouraging folk instead of alienating even more. Fer fucks sake, how hard is it for the shirking violet chairman to say a few words of encouragement or publicaly be seen to head some kind of campaign instead of hiding behind his fucking office door covering his eyes with his hands cos he thinks, when he does this we can't see him cos he's a FIRST CLASS FUCKING WUSS!!'

'Never mind eh, maybe the club's man in Manningham can eventually get a few in with his latest PC hiding to nothing.'

'SACK THE BOARD!!!!'

I think it's got to the point that nothing can be done so it's a case of what's the point. I doubt whether Winston Churchill and a succession of rousing speeches could motivate the Bradford public.

Two recent events show why. First up, at the recent Brentford game 900* season ticket holders weren't there. These are people that don't need words of encouragement from the chairman, which tells me the biggest problem at the club is performances and results. The second one is the fact that the current and all conquering Super League champions, Bradford Bulls, led by the, ahem, charismatic and king of marketing, Chris Caisley, have shifted barely 12,000 tickets for next weeks game with Aussie champs West Tigers. Last season(?) Leeds shifted 27,000 tickets in the blink of an eye.

A higher profile chairman might appease some people, but, as things stand on the pitch, getting the people of Bradford off their arses and through the turnstyles is I'm afraid, impossible. Even worse, if the current ticket sales for the Bulls/Tigers game are anything to go by a succession of excellent results and performances won't help much either! :(

*The figure was actually 899. Although I didn't hand my ticket in I did get there for the last minute of injury time. :rolleyes:

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The primary factor with the attendance is it's a results driven business, if a team is doing well people will turn up, if a team is boring and uninspiring people won't turn up simple as.

All the other factors are secondary such as not liking the chairman, etc, etc.

If we somehow made it to the play-offs this season 30,000 fans would come begging for tickets.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Yep, and I forgot to mention Colchester. Upto and including the 14th of Jan their average home attendence was 3,374!!! Now they're turning away 500 fans a game and demanding a new stadium.

G
'A higher profile chairman might appease some people, but, as things stand on the pitch, getting the people of Bradford off their arses and through the turnstyles is I'm afraid, impossible. Even worse, if the current ticket sales for the Bulls/Tigers game are anything to go by a succession of excellent results and performances won't help much either! '

IMO despite claims that this is a rugby town, if the football team are doing well then they will always be more City fans than Bulls fans. I think the reason for a fickle support who come and go depending on results is because we have never been an established Premiership team. Kids have only watched periods of success every now and again and as a result we havent had the chance to latch onto a broader fan base.

If we went 10 years in the Premiership then the glory hunters would have a chance to get hooked and dare i say it, become supporters through thick and thin. IMO it hasnt happened with the Bulls because Rugby just doesnt hold the same appeal to football for the majority of sports fans, contrary to what some would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.