Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is it just me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come despite us winning all our pre-season games, I think were in for an "hiding" at Hartlepool.

All the match reports suggest we were lucky to win all our pre-season games, even the Stockport website said the 5-0 win didn't bare any resemblance on the way they played.

I know our players may raise their game up a few levels by next week & i think we will have a good season, but for some reason I see us we getting hammered next week!

Hope Im wrong!!!

G
God help the attendance against Southend on Tuesday night should we be hammered against the Pools. I think a few are already considering giving Southend and MK Dons a miss, i'll be there but i know a fair few that are umming and erring over it, a good start is essential so we can bring in the fans. I think all of our opening games are winnable though.

G
'Umming and erring indeed, your either a City fan or your not. Those mates of yours are a disgrace Danny boy, you get 'em told to buck their ideas up and get down to VP.'

lol Well two of'em have got season tickets with me so they will definitely be coming to all the home games and some away games. As for the others they just pay on the day.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Parrot said:
How come despite us winning all our pre-season games, I think were in for an "hiding" at Hartlepool.

All the match reports suggest we were lucky to win all our pre-season games, even the Stockport website said the 5-0 win didn't bare any resemblance on the way they played.

I know our players may raise their game up a few levels by next week & i think we will have a good season, but for some reason I see us we getting hammered next week!

Hope Im wrong!!!
Hope your wrong aswell mate..

Chasser

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Brighton
I dont believe city players would go at it hammer & tong in pre season friendlies, as they are looking for match fitness,& team formation,& will try and avoid serious contact with opposing players,BUT for City to beat county 0.5 says something for Citys preperation for the new season. LOOKING GOOD!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 days to go & counting ******

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
Parrot, its you mate, we were the best by far at Stockport,we are gunna have storming season trust me .............

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Hartlepool

Parrot said:

Hope Im wrong!!!
Could be something in it - did not keep a clean sheet against them with them doing the double over us last season. Now got Proctor in their attack.

Still opening day fixtures - as there is no form - can throw up some surprise results - in our favour we have had a more settled squad for the pre season than last - fingers crossed for 3 points eh!.
I'd settle for a share of the spoils - draw - will be one more point than we got from them last year

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
briggus said:
Now got Proctor in their attack.

Dont know who that is meant to impress... As i think hes nowt special at all.

Hes done nothing for any team hes played for since he scored "a couple" during a time when even i would have looked good playing for City...;)

Deano, Cadders and probably Cookey on a good day are all as good as him, as are numerous other strikers in this league... Theres more better than him than the other way around....:mad:

Hes very overated by people on this Messageboard...

Very very overated...

Status
Not open for further replies.