Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Its a funny old game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
I came on here last night expecting to see lots of positive comments but there were not many on offer.

I for one have gone from Todd-ite to Todd-out and am now willing to give him a couple more games (all through my own views on games)

I thought for 75 minutes we played well (without much end product) and for the other 15 we played very, very well, and the only negative from me was a certain Bobby Petta. How the hell this guy still gets praise I will never know, 99% of the game he does bugger all. Never beats a man and I am yet to witness him putting a decent cross in like the very, very impressive Penford.

Sod it; I was only intending this to be a short post but ill comment on the players now.

Ricketts - Again a steady game, with the odd entertaining moment!!!

Holloway - Very solid game, yes the odd mistake but nothing costly.

Emanuel - The most improved player for me this season, link up play was light years ahead of the equally impressive Taylor. A few throw-ins were taken quickly and it worked :eek:

Wether and Bower - You know the score by now. Solid.

Petta - should be much, much betta, petta work up a bloody swetta:p He was poor but to be fair he has all season.

Windass - Brilliant for me, keep him in midfield, as he has shown he can get goals from there too. I’m one of his biggest critics but he was far better yesterday.

MBW - see Windass comments, Brilko showed a real engine, he followed the ball and seemed to have free roll. Very impressive.

Muirhead – I don’t think he was as poor as some are saying but yes he was poor.

Claridge - MOM what an athlete 40 years old and he ran like a 16 year old for 90 minutes, the two shots were a work of genius.

Brown - On the OMB he is getting the Bradford Fans treatment 4/10. Give me a break, Brown played well not brilliant be well, he’s 17 and it was his debut what do you expect a hat trick. He was solid and stood toe to toe with the defenders, which is something that Grant, McHugh and Forrest have never done. 7/10 at the worse.

Subs

Penford – Not getting too carried away but had he been on for longer he would have got the MOM, this to me shows me we should a.) Not rush the youth and b) give them a chance. How you get the balance I don’t know.

Stewart – Solid as a rock.

The manager

Yes he got it wrong to start with, Petta and Muirhead have had a chance to impress and haven’t done so far get Penford and Colbeck in.

He got the subs right and he got the team fired up, Stewart game on and got to play alongside Wethers AND Bower which gets a possible look to the future. Also you had Penford.

It appears to me that we are now starting to build a team for not only next season but for the future and if yesterday was the starting point of something im very, very happy. We are not going up but we are not going down so lets see what the kids can do. Get rid of the dead wood (Petta etc…) and we may have something here.

Of course it all hangs on what Todd does next, If he reverts to the norm with a midfield of Cadds, MBW, Kearney/Schuey, Petta then he is mad but if he plays this team he’s on to something.

……………………………………..Ricketts

Holloway………….Wethers……………….Bower………………..Emanuel

Cadds……………..Windass……………..MBW………………….Penford

…………………….Claridge……………...Brown

As for the you don’t know what your doing chants and booing them off at half time, WHY??? Out of all the games this season that was the last game I would have moaned, perhaps I did see a different game to the rest of you but at least I walked away happy.

Anyhoo, im sure there will be plenty of comments on this post :D

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
I agree with you except your far too easy on Petta he is ************** and should be told to go now, pay him up and send him on his way the lazy tosspot.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
75 mninutes we played well ? - were you watching Arsenal on your pocket TV or what ?????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2005
I definitly think we should go 3-5-2 for the next game, the only change I would make is Cadamarteri for Brown, and push Windass up front. Something like:

............................Ricketts..............................
Stewart...................Wetherall..............Bower.....
Holloway............................................Emanuel
Cadamarteri...........Bridge Wilkinson..........Penford
.................Windass.....................Claridge........

People might disagree, but thats what Id like to see!

G
I Am Stick And Fed Up Of Some Fans One Game U Love Todd He Is Your Hero And Another Match He Hate Him U Start Chanting Todd Out Todd Out Just Stick With One Thing And That Is Get Todd Out Lets Drive Him Out Of The Club Becase I Am Going To Keep Booing Todd And Want Him Out

May 24, 2005
windass fan said:
I Am Stick And Fed Up Of Some Fans One Game U Love Todd He Is Your Hero And Another Match He Hate Him U Start Chanting Todd Out Todd Out Just Stick With One Thing And That Is Get Todd Out Lets Drive Him Out Of The Club Becase I Am Going To Keep Booing Todd And Want Him Out
Face it. Todd isn't going to go anytime soon. He isn't my fave manager ever, but I have never chanted Todd out, and deserves credit when he gets things right. For once yesterday, he saw what was going wrong, and changed it, thats when di**heads like yourself started chanting 'you dont know what your doing'.

May 18, 2005
75 mninutes we played well ? - were you watching Arsenal on your pocket TV or what ?????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not at all Wisey, perhaps I could have phrased it better than that.

What I meant was that compared to every other home game this season we played well in them 75 minutes. I saw some major improvements from that team namely we had some shape for a change and signs of organisation which has been sorely missed. I’m by no means Todd’s biggest fan if that’s what you are thinking, but I believe credit should be given when it is due. So ok it wasn’t a great performance but its the first one I have enjoyed and walked away happy from in a very long while. One game doesn’t make a season though and we have to decide what the plan is and execute it (from board level down)

I could be wrong but I get the feeling we are looking to the future and if that was the start of it im happy, however if he reverts back to the usual tactics then yes we have a huge problem.

Mixture of youth and experience from now until may and lets see how we go.

G
Some geezers have said to moi that the first 75 were as bad as ever....MON DIEU Rodders!...look at the bigger picture will you....you plonkers!.:D

You have to take into account other things apart from Todds tactical deficiencies....we was playing the top of the league you know...and we were playing with a new central midfield pairing.
We were under pressure much of the first half and the first half hour of the second and in that time we coped very well defensively I thought.
Windass and MBW broke up most play down the middle and I thought that partnership was the best we have seen centrally at home this season.
Petta was again disintrested to say the least and Muirhead's confidence is so low he is a shadow of the player everyone was raving about after the first five games of the season. Holloway (who by his standards had a better game) and Emanual hardly got beyond the half way line. Consequently, there was very little coming from the flanks and our attacks were largely confined to punts down the middle which neither Brown or Claridge got much change out of. There was some decent interplay in the middle of the park however and although we didn't make their keeper make a save, there were a couple of scrambles on the edge of the box which resulted in off target shots from Muirhead and Windass.....what we saw was nowhere near the mogadon fuelled performances of last year though and I mostly enjoyed the play against a decent Swansea side. I couldn't believe the boos at half time but I suppose it's what I've come to expect.
Todd did take too long to change things but when he took Muirhead off I applauded him as the kid was fecking well off his game but then came the chorus of 'You don't know what you're are doing' when most near me could see exactly what he was doing.
We were on the back peddle when Penford came on and the lad tooke a few minutes to get is act together culminating in his yellow card.
Then we started to get hold of the ball with Emanual and Holloway far more enterprising down the flanks and Penford pulling the strings in the centre allowing Windass a freer role, we looked a totally different side and one would think City were the division's top side. It was very exiciting stuff for the Bradford fans but the previous offering was by no means bad.

You know it makes sense!

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
BoTO said:
the only negative from me was a certain Bobby Petta. How the hell this guy still gets praise I will never know, 99% of the game he does bugger all. Never beats a man and I am yet to witness him putting a decent cross in like the very, very impressive Penford.

Crossing is the one thing he does do well boto. I agree his appetite and work rate are poor at best but if we can work him into a decent crossing position Petta does deliver. The only problem then is that we don't get enough bodies into the box.

G
queensbury bantam said:
Crossing is the one thing he does do well boto. I agree his appetite and work rate are poor at best but if we can work him into a decent crossing position Petta does deliver. The only problem then is that we don't get enough bodies into the box.
Petta did feck all throughout the game.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Petta does feck all most games.

He thinks he's a premiership superstar still.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Delboy said:
Some geezers have said to moi that the first 75 were as bad as ever....MON DIEU Rodders!...look at the bigger picture will you....you plonkers!.:D

You have to take into account other things apart from Todds tactical deficiencies....we was playing the top of the league you know...and we were playing with a new central midfield pairing.
We were under pressure much of the first half and the first half hour of the second and in that time we coped very well defensively I thought.
Windass and MBW broke up most play down the middle and I thought that partnership was the best we have seen centrally at home this season.
Petta was again disintrested to say the least and Muirhead's confidence is so low he is a shadow of the player everyone was raving about after the first five games of the season. Holloway (who by his standards had a better game) and Emanual hardly got beyond the half way line. Consequently, there was very little coming from the flanks and our attacks were largely confined to punts down the middle which neither Brown or Claridge got much change out of. There was some decent interplay in the middle of the park however and although we didn't make their keeper make a save, there were a couple of scrambles on the edge of the box which resulted in off target shots from Muirhead and Windass.....what we saw was nowhere near the mogadon fuelled performances of last year though and I mostly enjoyed the play against a decent Swansea side. I couldn't believe the boos at half time but I suppose it's what I've come to expect.
Todd did take too long to change things but when he took Muirhead off I applauded him as the kid was fecking well off his game but then came the chorus of 'You don't know what you're are doing' when most near me could see exactly what he was doing.
We were on the back peddle when Penford came on and the lad tooke a few minutes to get is act together culminating in his yellow card.
Then we started to get hold of the ball with Emanual and Holloway far more enterprising down the flanks and Penford pulling the strings in the centre allowing Windass a freer role, we looked a totally different side and one would think City were the division's top side. It was very exiciting stuff for the Bradford fans but the previous offering was by no means bad.

You know it makes sense!
The bottom line as team we have been too predicatable at home - the opposition managers job is made to easy for them - they know what formation we will play so will set up theirs tatics and train the team accordingly. Some of the sqaud we have at the moment do not have the qualities, experience or confidence - then - to be able to break the oppostion down - resulting us creating very little in front of goal.
By having another formation(s) in the locker in my humble opinion can only keep the oppostion guessing and give us some advantage - as shown in the last 15 mins on Saturday. Lewis I beleive will be much better as a wing back - where he can pick the ball up deeper and run at the other team. This system should also give Swift some advantage with his pace - so hopefully he could get a game should Holloway not be up to the system or injured.

442 away yes for the majority of the time - say to the oppostion you break us down - we can then try nick a goal or two. Change it though if we go behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.