Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

It's from the Sun so it's probably bollocks but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
This is from the Sun so it's probably aload of bollocks but interesting never the less,

The Sun said:
PETER BEAGRIE is being lined up to return to Bradford and replace Colin Todd as boss.
The Bradford board are running out of patience with Todd following a mediocre campaign from the Bantams.
Todd’s men were expected to challenge for automatic promotion but are languishing in the bottom half of the table after winning just eight out of 28 games.
Beagrie, 40, helped Bradford reach the Premiership in 1999 and was a Bantams regular for three years after being signed in 1998.
He has been working as Brian Laws’ assistant at Scunthorpe this season.
Beagrie is desperate for a manager’s role and would relish a return to his old stamping ground.
Beagrie for City Job?

May 20, 2005
Will never happen. A manager with no experience and one with a reputation as a good time boy and joker off the pitch will be suicide for a club in our position. It'd be a miracle if we stopped up. We may as well give Gazza the job. We either need a manager with shitloads of experience to simply maintain our midtable position with what he would have at his disposal or a fooking hefty cash injection for players to improve on it. That's the facts of the matter. Waht an earth could somebody with no experience bring to improve us in our current position? He'd be working with the same dunderheads in the boardroom under the same restrictions as Todd is, but without the savvy or experience to make the best of the situation. Sentimentality makes this sound a good idea, nothing more.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Disagree with Chuckle - get him in!! - he's one of the reasons why sCUNThorpe are punching above their weight in this division.....he's well qualified with his Uefa coaching badges etc (essential nowadays and sommat Davison aint got) - he'd be a breath of fresh air, the fans would back him 100%, he'd get the crowds back - and he can still play a bit - wish it were true, i'd be looking forward to the rest of the season, rather than turn up in trepadation at whats on offer at the moment!!

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
For me it's somewhere in the middle.

He will have an immediate impact on crowds, fans' reaction, morale etc but I tend to agree with Chuck that lack of experience might not help us - the Club is still a mess recovering from two bomb-blasts in the last 5 years and is in no position to start blooding new managers.

But then again, one good thing would be we'd have a decent left-winger!;)

Bye-Bye, Bobby, Bye-Bye

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
More often than not, an Experienced manager is just a manager who has failed else where.

Kamara and Jewell were unexperienced where as the managers before and after them were experienced (Robson, Todd, Lawrence, Jefferies, etc, etc).
Fair enough Jewell had money but Kamara got us promoted with the same side Lawrence set out week after week.

There is no doubt the sight of Beagrie on the sidelines would give the club a shot in the arm, and raise the moral of the fans who have watched nothing but rubbish this season.

I for one would welcome it but I don't think it will happen, the City board doesn't have the balls to make such a desision.

Why some people obsessed with "experienced" managers i'll never know!:mad:
Our last two successfull managers were promoted from within with only coaching experience, where as so called "experienced" duds include the likes of Docherty, Lawrence, Jefferies & indeed now were stuck with the "experienced" Turdster:mad:
Every newly appointed manager is gonna be a risk, experienced or not, but i cant remember ever feeling so low & un-enthusiastic about watching City than i do at the moment under Turds guidance & believe me i've seen some sh/te;)
So I would more than welcome Beagrie's return with open arms!

G
If it 'appens....if it really really 'appens....cushty!.... and I'd have no qualms plonkerising him if it all went pair shaped 'cos although he is a legend he is not a god like Macca.

BEAGRIE!!

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
gerrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttchhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa out of VP Todd and take the L666s fan coach with you , Taxi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
lol Either the Sun are desperate for material and are just pulling sh*te out their bum after reading it on football message boards or Beags gave them a ring telling them of the news to try and topple Todd :D

May 20, 2005
The last 6 'EXPERIENCED' City managers

John Docherty
Lennie Lawrence
Jim Jeffries
Nicky Law
Bryan Robson
Colin Todd

The last 6 'INEXPERIENCED' City managers

Roy McFarland
Trevor Cherry
Terry Dolan
Frank Stapleton
Chris Kamari
Paul Jewell

I'll let you lads be the judges

[swivel]

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
If, IF, we were to get a new manager, I'd like to see a certain Mr Claridge get the job. He was doing alright at Millwall before inexplicably getting the axe. He didn't do so bad at Weymouth either...

'Nine months after Claridge took over, and after ending the season sixth bottom and within two points of relegation, Weymouth are an impressive five points clear at the top of their league and enjoying a great run in The FA Trophy.'

Maybe Beags could be his assistant, the Q&A sessions with the fans would be entertaining if nowt else.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
NormanCorner said:

John Docherty
Lennie Lawrence
Jim Jeffries
Nicky Law
Bryan Robson
Colin Todd

Roy McFarland
Trevor Cherry
Terry Dolan
Frank Stapleton
Chris Kamari
Paul Jewell

[swivel]
Like I said an experienced manager is just a manager who has failed elsewhere.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
claridge would be a great boss i'm sure...though not as good as beags

as boss he'd do a cracking job, get the team playing attacking football and get us rising up the league

taxi please!

May 20, 2005
NormanCorner said:

John Docherty
Lennie Lawrence
Jim Jeffries
Nicky Law
Bryan Robson
Colin Todd

Roy McFarland
Trevor Cherry
Terry Dolan
Frank Stapleton
Chris Kamari
Paul Jewell

[swivel]

Well would you believe it.....Chuckle has failed to comment

NormanCorner said:
Well would you believe it.....Chuckle has failed to comment
Why should he?
CTs doing a great job keeping us in this league, we havent got the wage budgets, stadiums or support as good as "struggling" teams like Southend, Colchester or Brentford, have we Chuckle?:rolleyes:

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
king billy said:
Disagree with Chuckle - get him in!! - he's one of the reasons why sCUNThorpe are punching above their weight in this division.....he's well qualified with his Uefa coaching badges etc (essential nowadays and sommat Davison aint got) - he'd be a breath of fresh air, the fans would back him 100%, he'd get the crowds back - and he can still play a bit -
I totally agree with that KB.Even as a Todd should stay man i reckon Beags could do a job here...

End of the season i reckon a regime change will happen unless we go up that is...

Beags, Claridge, Clough, Dennis Wise, Ray Wilkins...... Who knows...

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
I'd take any of them T....:)

Good shout about Claridge BTW - my only worry with him are his other commitments - it was on talksport today that he was playing in a new celebrity poker tournament, aswell as his pundetry and him refusing to leave his home in Weymouth!!

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well something is happening that is for sure. It might be the usual Sun crap, but somebody is feeding them this stuff.......

I personally would take an inexperienced manager any day, we have done rather well as a club with inexperienced manager. They bring enthusiasm to the job, new idea's, they normally have the respect of the players as they have not long retired if at all.

Beags, Claridge, or whoever I would be more than happy to give them a run here.

Status
Not open for further replies.