Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

James Hanson

Bantamsteve

C&B Full Member
Nov 9, 2013
Brighouse
As for the Villa game. You do realise that it was almost 5 years ago? Players do not stay at the same level over that period, especially with the injuries and lack of playing time he has had. There were plenty of good players that night, but who would you have in our team now from then?
Appreciate it was 5 years ago and that was probably his best spell for us after that his form dipped but you can't take away what he has done for our club and that's why he deserves respect or at the very least not ridiculing Plenty of centre forwards have been worse for us but don't get the same treatment

Storck

Feb 10, 2013
They probably don’t get the same abuse as people are not suggesting they come back into our current team. If that happens I’m sure they will get the abuse then.

Bantamsteve

C&B Full Member
Nov 9, 2013
Brighouse
They probably don’t get the same abuse as people are not suggesting they come back into our current team. If that happens I’m sure they will get the abuse then.
Maybe so but are you really saying he deserves the dogs abuse he gets on here
Just wish him luck wherever his future lies for all he has done for us

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
I agree to an extent with your first paragraph, the lad always gave his all and deserves a warm welcome whenever he comes back to the club. But please, not as a player for us. We've moved on from then, there are better players who i would hope we are after than Hanson.
Unfortunately for a few that does not seem to be what they want "to move on" and unfortunately Al most are the Usual Suspects who don't seem to be able to accept it.
What does it matter how he is doing/performing at Sheffield, as you say he was part of that great team that gave us some great memories, it was a good move for him and good business for Bradford City ironically just what the Usual Suspects wanted him out of the club, nowt as strange as football fans ;).

Ricc

C&B Full Member
Oct 8, 2007
Shipley
In fairness, Hanson is excellent...

... at transporting scrap metal dealers and the odd traveller from A to B

Aug 16, 2013
If all of our signings from non-league had done for us what Hanson did, we'd be in a much stronger position.

Tawheed374

C&B Member
Aug 3, 2013
If half the strikers we’ve had over the years had half the talent and half the graft of Hanson we’d be better off. Conlon, Zoko,Boulding, Speight etc etc
Hanson was part of an underachieving strike force for years and more than played his part.

Offside

If not this season then next
C&B Donator
Feb 12, 2013
cumbria
Fuck me , i thought JH had gone , there is already a 1 item forum up and running , why not leave it there instead of fetching Hanson up every other week on here ?.

Storck

Feb 10, 2013
It's a time honoured way of getting other people to bite and garner a bit of message board attention. I'd just ignore it.
If people just ignored it this thread would have been quiet for the past two days. Only posts are from people moaning about the thread.