Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

Jim Brown And Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
6,828
45
2,598
#1
I as a supporter of Bradford City would like to know exactly what Jim Brown and co,have invested in my club? I dont want to hear off idiots like JP,saying hes invested his time and energy in the club out of love.Thats absolute rubbish even i would do that for nothing,with Jim Brown and co being buisness men i find this hard to believe.What are they getting out of being sat on the board? More to the point,what money have they invested in the club?
As board members,should they not have a financial input into the club and if not why?
The Chairman of Bradford City should be looking for people to put their hands in their pockets and invest money,this would allow the club to go forwards and progress.But it seems JR is content to let these people be on the board for a free ride.Surely we the fans can ask the club for answers and get them,after all the club are supposed to be listening to the fans after years of neglect,but sadly i have seen know evidence of this what so ever.
We as fans have been ripped off and left in the dark for far too long,now the time has come to demand some answers.The fans deserve better treatment and have suffered with the lies and silence from within VP long enough.
The BCISC have done a fantastic job,but i dont see them jumping up and down and demanding to know the answers of what is actually going on inside VP with regards to Jim Brown and co.They are raising money for Bradford City,but i dont see Jim Brown and co doing the same.If they are the voice of the fans and are raising money for the club,then surley they should get some answers with regards to Jim Brown and co.
 

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
27,311
2,749
23,980
#2
Surely by them doing the job for free they are saving at least £300k a year in Director wages...
 
G
#4
jimmy said:
The BCISC have done a fantastic job,but i dont see them jumping up and down and demanding to know the answers of what is actually going on inside VP with regards to Jim Brown and co.They are raising money for Bradford City,but i dont see Jim Brown and co doing the same.If they are the voice of the fans and are raising money for the club,then surley they should get some answers with regards to Jim Brown and co.

Are you a BCISC member JImmy?

From the outset, the BCISC stated that it represents the fans by consensus.
If you have an issue raise it at your branch meeting and let the democratic process take place.
It can't be done by BCISC officials based on the wishes of a few message board users.
 
May 20, 2005
8,787
2
2,588
#5
Kop Kred said:
Are you a BCISC member JImmy?

From the outset, the BCISC stated that it represents the fans by consensus.
If you have an issue raise it at your branch meeting and let the democratic process take place.
It can't be done by BCISC officials based on the wishes of a few message board users.
I am a member of the BCISC, not only that, I'm a founder member and ex committe member. I stepped down for personal reasons in the summer and would never ever dispute the hard work and success of the BCISC as a result of the comittment of the people some of whom I consider amongst my best friends. But and again, no criticism infered, I would guarantee that if the question Jimmy asked and comments I put forward in another thread were given to the BCISC, then they would not be put forward to the club. I can see why they wouldn't want to make waves, but until they do, they can not be considered as the alternitive to the Trust that I thought I was helping set up which on a personal level is disappointing. That isn't to say that in other areas such as fund raising and giving the fans an outlet to socialise that they don't do the business, that part of the BCISC is second to none.
 
G
#6
ChuckleBantam said:
I am a member of the BCISC, not only that, I'm a founder member and ex committe member. I stepped down for personal reasons in the summer and would never ever dispute the hard work and success of the BCISC as a result of the comittment of the people some of whom I consider amongst my best friends. But and again, no criticism infered, I would guarantee that if the question Jimmy asked and comments I put forward in another thread were given to the BCISC, then they would not be put forward to the club. I can see why they wouldn't want to make waves, but until they do, they can not be considered as the alternitive to the Trust that I thought I was helping set up which on a personal level is disappointing. That isn't to say that in other areas such as fund raising and giving the fans an outlet to socialise that they don't do the business, that part of the BCISC is second to none.
But surely it's in the constitution.??
If there are a majority in favour at any branch then the motion would go to the rest of the branches for debate and if sanctioned would then be put to the club.
It isn't a question about making waves.
Julian and the board knew the concepts of the BCISC when it was created and welcomed by the club. I don't think for one minute they would take issue with the fans if it was done the right way, in fact I think they would welcome it.
 
May 20, 2005
8,787
2
2,588
#7
Well...I'll use this board now to say, as a member of the BCISC I'd like to ask, through them, why the board of directors are continually finding new ways to wangle more money out of the fans when there are very wealthy men on the board seemingly unprepared to financially invest in the club.
 
#9
What I find worrying is that JR looks upon Jim Bowen as some sort of Buisness mogul with sound financial acumen!:mad:
If taking over a struggling buisness & stripping it down to the bare bones & selling it's remaing assets is good buisness practice, then we should be OK!:eek:
While I dont think this will happen at VP, i would like to know what exactly the Board members are doing to help bring success on & off the pitch to VP?
At the moment they seem to be sauntering around the place, like some school kid left alone in a Toy shop!
I mean how long does it take to fix a cable that shows the match live on the TV in the Bantams Bar?
GET YA MONEY OUTTA YA FOOKING POCKETS YA TIGHT TW4TS!!!:mad:
 
#11
ChuckleBantam said:
I've just looked at the who's online bit and there are 6 "Guests" all viewing this thread.

Hiya JP!!

Hiya Jules!!

Hiya Jimbo!!!
If JP spent more time Moderating his own site properly rather than "snooping" on here;) , then the OMB wouldn't be in the mess it is now!:(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.