Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

joe brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
I think JOE BROWN will score tommorrow at the last minture of the game and win it for us come on joe joe

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
I'd rather have him on the field than any of our other strikers at the moment. 2 goals in 20 minutes played don't lie, compared to the other statistics, that is.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
well what happened at Oldham ? , was he brought in to carry the boot bags and the kit ? - did not even make the bench .
Todd you take some working out you f'ing asshole !

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
Ricc said:
Anyone would think he was the second coming the way people go on.
No, not at all. I just think that surely he's the only one scoring at the moment, thus why not give him a chance over Windass and Claridge certainly, both of whom got a game yesterday.

G
lee said:
No, not at all. I just think that surely he's the only one scoring at the moment, thus why not give him a chance over Windass and Claridge certainly, both of whom got a game yesterday.
I dare say Windass and Claridge would score a hat ful in the youth team and reserves also.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'thus why not give him a chance over Windass and Claridge certainly, both of whom got a game yesterday.'

Claridge got four minutes, FOUR MINUTES!!! And in that four minutes he tracked back and made a tackle, passed the ball to feet to set up a few attacks and hit the target forcing their keeper to make a save. On what we've seen recently that's comparable with bleedin' Ronaldhino!

Besides, that Joe Brown is s***e! I had a fiver on him to win the last at Wetherby this afternoon and after making a few mistakes the useless bassa ran out of steam at the end and could only manage second :mad:. I do hope Stevo was on the winner cos he aint gonna cover his losses with the win bonus is he??? :rolleyes:

G
But, but, but.... splutter... you're right, nowhere do slag off Joe Brown.

BUT, BUT, BUT...

Why the sarky comments when people recommend giving him a run out?

Why not give him a run of 10-or-so games?

Or Kevin Sanasy (who I saw in the Love Apple last night but was too shy to say owt to, like "why f*ck haven't you had a decent run in the first team at City?")?

Or Danny Forrest?

Or Sam Denton?

Or Jake Wright?

Or.... need I carry on

No, let's carry on with the "4 that can't score".

Grrrrreeeeaaatt, as some advertising campaign was wont to say.

G
But I never said he doesn't deserve a chance, either.

I just scoffed at people going on about him like he's a savour sent from god to help our plight.

scores a couple of goals against part time opposition in a mickey mouse cup competition and he's suddenly the new wayne rooney.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Yeah, but Kom, every combination CT has tried has included Deano. Don't you think Claridge, Cooke and Cadders should be given an opportunity to work together before we throw a youngster into the lions den?

And before Parader gets on my back that's not my idea either, because apart from Parader every City fan I talk to these days seems to think it's a good idea. :eek: :eek: :eek:

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Loyalish2 said:
Yeah, but Kom, every combination CT has tried has included Deano. Don't you think Claridge, Cooke and Cadders should be given an opportunity to work together before we throw a youngster into the lions den?

And before Parader gets on my back that's not my idea either, because apart from Parader every City fan I talk to these days seems to think it's a good idea. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Well I think perhaps they shud !! and parader dont come on here !

Oh and I like this one :-

Claridge got four minutes, FOUR MINUTES!!! And in that four minutes he tracked back and made a tackle, passed the ball to feet to set up a few attacks and hit the target forcing their keeper to make a save. On what we've seen recently that's comparable with bleedin' Ronaldhino

G
No.

Sack the fucking lot of 'em.

All this sh*t about Cadders getting back to his best*

Cooke being great at holding the ball up**

Claridge being the only one to score .... zzzz ... where was I?

A forwards job to me means goals and, well, errrrmm goals.

Lets cast our minds back to Danny Forrest's & Kevin Sanasy's & Joe Browns debuts, eh?

Common denominator?

Youth products AND goals, f*ck me send 'em straight out to non leaguers eh.

I am not saying that Joe Brown is the Messiah (he's a very nau..etc.)...

BUT...

Windass hasn't scored from open play for 4 (?) months...

AND...

If Claridge is the answer, what is the question?...

AND...

As the originator of the Andy Cooke song I can promise you it was sarcastic, but he's still the best link up man we've got (which brings me on the midfield, but I'm not gonna go there tonight).

*If Cadamarteri is getting back to his best then we've got a Premier league player on our hands. Really?

**I like Andy Cooke and if we had 10 other professionals that applied themselves like he does, then I for one would leave Valley P{arade alot happier than I do at the moment.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
That lot was wasted on me. I'd a been happy with the first line, or two at a push.

I can understand your frustration, we're all in the same boat, but trust me, playing any two of Danny Forrest, Kevin Sanasy and Joe Brown upfront isn't the answer.

I've always been a fan of DFs, but at the end of the day he's had a good few games in the first team and not looked any better than what we've got. Imho Sanasy has never looked good enough to make the grade and take away the goal at Kiddy and young Brown didn't offer much(I don't like saying that because it sounds like I'm knocking him, and I aren't, but you know what I mean).

Anyway, it's time to get back to the darts, the 'Power' is just about to put another poor sap to the sword. Game on!

Status
Not open for further replies.