Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Julian Rhodes

Do you want Julian Rhodes to walk

• Yes

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
How many people want to see him walk away from this club?

How do we trust anybody else?

Would it open us to people who just want to rip us off?

How many good buisness people would want a stake in a financially crippled football club?

These are all the questions you need to ask yourself before wishing him through the door.

He may well need help for the things he doesn't want to do, but that is no reason for throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
I don't want JR out at all - would be nice for him to say summat for a change though , he's like the Invisible Man ! - failing that he needs to get Etherington promoted to Chief Executive and sort the shite out down at VP .

May 20, 2005
NO!!!...who else would take over?

Julian would love to walk if there was a wealthy knight in shining armour to take over this STILL crippled club...I bet he dreams of the day when he could become just another fan in the stands, but it aint gonna happen, not in the short term at least.......perhaps Chuckle has some gelt stashed away eh?

baldbantam

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I haven't said I want him to walk - that would be suicide for the club unless someone else was waiting in the wings.

We need someone with the money, and at this moment in time he's the man. But that doesn't mean he hasn't got any faults or that he's immune to criticism.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
no of course he isn't, but just look at what he has achieved and by sheer force of circumstances concentrate his attention on.

I fully expect him to be reluctant to hand over power to anybody else after the experience his and his family have had. When he feels able to appoint a Chief Executive, what JR needs to think about are stops and checks to make sure that no major decisions about spending money are taken without his full consultation and approval.

No sane person wants him to walk, that would be the end of BCFC after all!:mad:
He needs a figurehead at the club who can communicate with the fans & media though, because JR quite clearly doesn't like to stick his head above the parapit does he?:rolleyes:
Looks like Etherington Is the only one at VP these day's with any nouse, gumption or enthusiasm for his job at City, JR could start by distancing himself from Jim Bowen & Co. & promote PE to his right hand man, start taking advice from someone who CARES for a change!;)

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well Parrot there appears to be two insane people who have voted that they do want him to walk, but have not posted why, or what would happen if he did.

I personally do not have any knowledge of these people who are supposed to be advicing JR. Jim Brown I know has a very iffy history, but I would be amazed if JR allowed them any control of this club. As I say JR must have a real phobia about trusting anybody ever again.

bg said:
well Parrot there appears to be two insane people who have voted that they do want him to walk, but have not posted why, or what would happen if he did.

I personally do not have any knowledge of these people who are supposed to be advicing JR. Jim Brown I know has a very iffy history, but I would be amazed if JR allowed them any control of this club. As I say JR must have a real phobia about trusting anybody ever again.
Well If that article posted by Z from the T & A is to be believed, JR & the Rhodes family would seem capable of trusting anyone with "their" money & "their" club!:rolleyes:

May 20, 2005
I notice that nobody says, that they want him to stay because of his abilities as a Chairman/Cheif Executive/Director of a football Club. Everybody mentions he is well loved and popular because he's a fan who stuck round blah blah blah. I've never disputed that fact, ever. However this fact doesn't make him suitable to make the decisions and to front the organisation does it?? I personally think he's not fit to govern this football club. The fans treatment at the hands of his tenure as Chairman and as Chief executive are inexcusable. I don't want him to walk, I don't think anybody does, but his involvment should be as a figurehead only. Unlike the critics of one of his predessesors, I won't trade on hearsay, innuendo and chinese whispers regarding things "supoposedly" happening or happened where Junior is concerned, I will just use the example of someone such as myself, who after nearly 30 years as a supporter of this club, I don't give a flying feck or have any interest in giving my money, time or extra curricular activities to Bradford City Football club and it's ALL down to decisions, actions and treatment of the fans under Rhodes' stewardship.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well chucks, suggest you try spending your every working day robbing peter to pay paul to resque this football club as he has done. I strongly suspect he doesn't have time for much else, and maybe if GR had spent less time gambling with this club and getting down to some hard graft on organising our finances rather than going for the easy gambling option, we wouldn't be in the situation!!!

Yes we need a Chief Executive, but once again I repeat having been given a right going over financially the Rhodes family will not be too keen on appointing another one until they are absolutely sure they have the right man or woman to do the job and have the confidence to trust another person with decision that affect this club.

Think that answers your point Parrot. They may have done it once, but you can bet your next years morgage they won't be doing it again anytime soon!!!!

How you can say GR didn't pull his weight for this club is almost laughable BG:eek:
No one worked harder than GR to pull this club to the top flight of English football, he was at VP from 8 till 8 almost every day of the week FFS whatever you may think of him!
Ok he made catastrophic mistakes in his last year at the helm, but as I've said earlier, most were unforseen circumstance's that may have been handled individually but not all at once!:(
As for the Rhodes now been more prudent with who they deal with is also laughable:D, Ok he's not the Chief executive yet.....but,
Jim Bowen anyone???

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
give over parrot no way will he make him chief exe:D

So what you are saying that anybody who makes a mistake will carry on and do the same over again?

I have heard this 8 till 8 quote before, but what the hell was he doing would be my question. I am a manager and I can tell you not all the people who are always going on and on about how much time they spend at work are the most productive, in fact it is those better organised individuals who achieve the best performance.

In my view it wasn't just the six weeks of madness that saw the downfall of this club, yes the ONdigital played it part. It was advising the board that they could afford to pay divs when in fact we couldn't, and the Rhodes were party to that. It was about that time that Jewell went his way, having been told they couldn't afford to pay him anymore than £60,000 a year, mmm. Then he goes on his spending spree the equivalent of me and you going on credit card spree with no way of knowing how it will be repaid. We can't afford to match Sheffield Wednesday offer, of £500,000, but we can pay £4 million a year for Carbone, and all the rest of it. Tell me Parrot how does that one work?

May 20, 2005
bg said:
well chucks, suggest you try spending your every working day robbing peter to pay paul to resque this football club as he has done. I strongly suspect he doesn't have time for much else, and maybe if GR had spent less time gambling with this club and getting down to some hard graft on organising our finances rather than going for the easy gambling option, we wouldn't be in the situation!!!

Yes we need a Chief Executive, but once again I repeat having been given a right going over financially the Rhodes family will not be too keen on appointing another one until they are absolutely sure they have the right man or woman to do the job and have the confidence to trust another person with decision that affect this club.

Think that answers your point Parrot. They may have done it once, but you can bet your next years morgage they won't be doing it again anytime soon!!!!
Your basing EVERYTHING you write now on pure SPECULATION. If somebody was running a business on a "robbing peter to pay Paul Basis" why on earth would they turn down a huge sum like half a million quid for a footballer that turns 37 this year? Why sanction a salary for a forty year old footballer and then send two players under 21 who play in the same position out on loan? Also, what is your take on the Rhodes' treatment of Gibb when he was forced to resign? Do you believe their behavior was honourable? Is Gibb of the opinion that the Rhodes' burnt his fingers in the same manner as GR allegedly burnt theirs eh?.

Also, if the excuse for the fans treatment is the fact that he doesn't have time, because "he's robbing Gordon to Pay Peter", what on earth are Jim Brown, Bobby Ham, Steve Longbottom and Dave Bosomworth up to?? What is their role? Do they just sit in the Ivory Tower with Junior and tell him he's doing a grand job?? What is a football club's main source of income?? The Fans! It doesn't matter how fecking busy he is, that's the number one priority. Take your head out of the sand bg, Junior and the gang are losing the fans. No business, whatever it's genre or whatever it's line, can EVER be too busy to make their customers NO1 Priority. I've never heard anything so dumb in my life as, "he's too busy". Getting the bods through the door and treating with the respect they deserve to keep them there is the fundamental requirement from any football club. Again, anyone too busy or too daft to see that, is NOT FIT to head a football club

You keep saying Junior is wary of having his fingers burnt(more speculation...unless you do chat to him on the subject regularly) Then why is he claiming that he is putting another Million big uns in when there's hardly, if anything come the way of the club from theaforementioned "steering committee"? The fact that he's left to stump up another chunk of Daddy's money when there are others worth a lot of money sat alongside him right now, is surely no different to GR not matching the 400k that The Prof had to stump up on the morning of the CVA, which is the reason the Rhodes' showed GR the door??

Fact is bg, there is enough wealth sat on the board to make us contenders in this pish poor league., I agree 100% Junior and the Prof have stumped up too often, but with this in mind, why on earth aren't they getting any help from their colleagues?? YOU say they are wary because they got their fingers burnt by GR, seems to me, they are letting it happen again! Again, is that the sign of competent business folk?? I'll let you answer that one dear.

bg said:
but we can pay £4 million a year for Carbone
And still the exaggerated fact free speculation goes on and on and on and on.....

Come on BG,
Were not talking about a call centre manager here are we?
Were talking about GR raising the profile, attendances, league status, & merchandising beyond the wildest dreams of our most optimistic supporters, while your saying he came to VP every day & hid in his office like a skiver, while the Rhodes did all the hard work? pmsl
You ask ANYONE who worked at City during GRs regime & they will tell you he was at VP before anyone else & left last at night!
They will also tell you from cleaning lady to star striker that he was involved with EVERYTHING at BCFC, hardly time to sit with his feet up behind his office door is it?
GRs empire like every empire crumbled at the end, but to say he didn't work damm hard to build it from almost nothing is ludricus!

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I think the Rhodes family have had to do a considerable amount of dishonourable things throughout these last few years. I honestly do not know what happened between Gibb and Rhodes, but he has hardly been shafted he is coining it in through rent year on year, but for my money, the people I feel most sorry for during this whole debacle are the small investors and businesses who invested in this club, and got shafted by two admins.

The stringent day to day management of finances is not speculation Chuckle it is an absolute fact.

The role that these 'others' plays in the day to day running of Bradford City I have no idea about, and have said as much. Why they are not investing in the club is also a mystery to me, but you no doubt will have further speculative views on.

The buying and selling of players has always been the managers responsibility, I presume he told JR he wanted to keep Windass, and sign Claridge, what is he suppose to do, tell the manager he is selling him over his head? You back your manager or you sack him, no other course of action.

Chucks you tell me how much money did GR borrow to finance our second year in the premiership? That was more or less at the same time he told Jewell he could not afford to pay him anymore than £60,000, just after all the Directors got a nice fat div payout. No he wasn't pushed, no he wasn't sacked, GR showed him a hugh lack of respect, and he left, I would have too under those circumstances. No wonder he said he had taken us as far as he could, funnily enough the very same words used to sack Kamara!!!

We can go on arguing until the cows come home chucks, you are not going to change my mind about anything unless you back it up with facts. I have speculated about their reluctance to get their fingers burnt yet again, based on my years on this planet on how people react to traumatic events.

May 20, 2005
bg said:
I think the Rhodes family have had to do a considerable amount of dishonourable things throughout these last few years..
Well, in that case it makes them no better than anyone else who allegedly acted dishonourably in the name of this football club then does it!! So lets start a witchunt!!

In the meantime;

Clutch at these, whilst you try find some more poppycock to convince us that this club is a better place for having Junior and the gang at the helm....

bg said:
I have speculated about their reluctance to get their fingers burnt yet again, based on my years on this planet on how people react to traumatic events.
I would say the Rhodes are doing just that now BG!
While they pump £1m into the club, the "Stealing commitee" are doing just what?
By simply doing "nothing" financially they are in a way stealing from the Rhodes:mad:
It's time they "put up" or get out, one or the other:mad:

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Parrot said:
Come on BG,
Were not talking about a call centre manager here are we?
Were talking about GR raising the profile, attendances, league status, & merchandising beyond the wildest dreams of our most optimistic supporters, while your saying he came to VP every day & hid in his office like a skiver, while the Rhodes did all the hard work? pmsl
You ask ANYONE who worked at City during GRs regime & they will tell you he was at VP before anyone else & left last at night!
They will also tell you from cleaning lady to star striker that he was involved with EVERYTHING at BCFC, hardly time to sit with his feet up behind his office door is it?
GRs empire like everyone elses crumbled at the end, but to say he didn't work damm hard to build it from nothing is ludricus!
That isn't what I am saying Parrot; I have no doubt at all he was there doing a 12 hour stint. I am saying his focus became squewed. In some ways he had two many irons in the fire, trying to be all things to all people is not a good management skill. You need to delegate some responsibility to other capable people. Your time should be used to lead and manage the team.

Now then ya young whipper snapper I don't manage a call centre;) If I was to try and do everything myself the whole kit and kaboddle would come falling down, I have to delegate, yes there are times when I roll my sleeves and do it myself, as there just isn't enough bodies to go round, but I keep those times for emergencies, or otherwise I would not be there to support and advice the people I manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.