Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Perhaps if CT stopped tinkering - injuries/suspensions apart and tried to keep a settled side then the teams passing game might improve, more goal chance might be created and confidence in themselves and each other. He seems to think if some individuals do not come up to scratch in a game - I'll punish them by dropping them. He needs to give them a good run to build up confidence - he has not dropped Windass has he?

The impression I get at home is that there appears to be a lack of understanding which space a player may run into, a lot of indecision on and off the ball. Along with - on the training ground working on dead ball situations e.g throw ins - who knows we might see an improvement.

The responsibilities is with the coaches to improve these areas - get the players playing at 100% instead of half that in some cases - if they do not they should not be drawing their salary and make way for some one who will.

All the players need to attend training together to build up an understanding / and get ateam spirit including Taylor and Claridge to get us playing with some winning consistency.

We should not give up on the team just yet and get behind them against Walsall - and who knows we might rescue our play off ambitions

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
The impression I get at home is that there appears to be a lack of understanding which space a player may run into, a lot of indecision on and off the ball.
This is todds fault:

He tells our wingers not to get at the far post...i'm sure this comes naturally to them but its being prevented

He never allows the full backs to make overlapping runs, i once heard him say that he deson't like them 'going over the halfway line because it leaves spaces at the back' - ???? what kind of tactical awarness is that

He never stops people firing high balls at deano, there must have been 20-30 at him on saturday and he didn't win 1.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
The Calverley Bantam said:
He never allows the full backs to make overlapping runs, i once heard him say that he deson't like them 'going over the halfway line because it leaves spaces at the back' - ???? what kind of tactical awarness is that---.
But surely thats true though..Bridge Cole etc etc are shown up week in week out...

The Calverley Bantam said:
He never stops people firing high balls at deano, there must have been 20-30 at him on saturday and he didn't win 1.
Forgive me but last term he was the only person who knew where the onion bag was.. You play to your strength and Todd is obviously trying that...

Do i agree hes right in doing the same things over and over....No... But your arguments are a bit transparent matey...

Try his subs are shite and his use of the same tactics at home leave alot to be desired after their constant failings.....

I will pretend that i didnt tel you..Go on impress someone..:D :D

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Spot on Briggus. Apart from Bridge-Wilk, who's still a bit out of sorts, the only players capable of putting their foot on the ball and passing it are Claridge, Petta, Morrison and possibly Crooks, and even when they're fit they never get picked. In fact I'd say the only player in the team at the moment capable of putting his foot on the ball and passing it to good effect is Deano, and at the moment even he's getting rid of it as soon as he can. When we do string three or four passes together it's at such a slow pace it doesn't hurt the opposition. It's unfortunate but I'm afraid CTs idea of consistancy doesn't include risks or make allowances for flair players that can turn the game in the blink of an eye and put bums on seats, and until that changes I just can't see things improving.

I've actually resorted to looking out of the window hoping to see a flying pig, because I don't think I'll see another performance like the one at Oakwell until I do. :(

Christmas? Bah humbug!

Status
Not open for further replies.