Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lee Crooks - nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Absolute sheeeite, don't get me wrong there were another half a dozen players who were crap - Kearney included (who i really rate) - but come off it those who defend Crooks - he was pathetic today, he showed to me he isn't fit to play at this level - he may be able to "ping the passes round" when he's sub at half time (Ed...:D) but he certainly can't do it on the pitch.....:mad:

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Absolute sheeeite, don't get me wrong there were another half a dozen players who were crap - Kearney included (who i really rate) - but come off it those who defend Crooks - he was pathetic today, he showed to me he isn't fit to play at this level - he may be able to "ping the passes round" when he's sub at half time (Ed...) but he certainly can't do it on the pitch.....
he was one of our better players, far better than tk , and even deano

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
he also made to excellent defensive tackles in the first half. What is clear - him being paired with Tom kearney does not work at home - they allow to oppostion too much time on the ball by standing off.
TK does not look very confident at the moment - hopefully with time that will change.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Were we at the same game? or is this the anti-crooks gang wanting to blame someone for the loss?

Kearney was worse than Crooks yet he doesn't get a thread dedicated to his piss poor performance. Kearney in the last 3 times i've seen him has been worse than any performance given by Craig Armstrong last season but gets no blame, Crooks cleaned up after Kearney's fook up's more times than I can remember.

Wonder if he'd of got slated had his 25 yard shot gone the other side of the post?

I now await the anti crooks gang to jump on me.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Ed said:
Were we at the same game? or is this the anti-crooks gang wanting to blame someone for the loss?

Kearney was worse than Crooks yet he doesn't get a thread dedicated to his piss poor performance. Kearney in the last 3 times i've seen him has been worse than any performance given by Craig Armstrong last season but gets no blame, Crooks cleaned up after Kearney's fook up's more times than I can remember.

Wonder if he'd of got slated had his 25 yard shot gone the other side of the post?

I now await the anti crooks gang to jump on me.

hahahah

Thanks ED another who proves my point....
Im sure you lot DO actually go to different matches..

Well no i dont, i think only some actually know owt about proper football:(

tony d said:
hahahah

Thanks ED another who proves my point....
Im sure you lot DO actually go to different matches..

Well no i dont, i think only some actually know owt about proper football:(
Is that the "Proper football" you read on the commentary T?:D

When you come home, you can sit next to Parrot in the BB stand & watch the game so I know your not as dopey as you come across, regarding City!;)

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
What did he do wrong? oh come on ...

Something that Bower didnt do wrong ... own goal

Something that Kearney didn't do wrong ... played in a light blue shirt, crapped out of tackles with his own shadow.

Something that Petta didn't do wrong ... lazy shit who kept falling over

Something that Deano didn't do wrong ... looked off his game, probably caused by the transfer talk.

Something that Howarth didn't do wrong ... claimed nothing, shouted never.

Crooks ... oh ... saved KEarney's blushes more than once, nearly scored ... wasnt affraid to get stuck in ... oh he was mega pants today.

Did you lot slap each other's backs on the way out of the Bantams bar and tell each other that Crooks was to blame? you lot can't get over the fact the team lost yet want to pin the blame on a player who played better than most today.

Do you lot pay your £21 or whatever is it is to just wait for crooks to make a slight mistake and back a big thing off it?

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Parrot said:
Is that the "Proper football" you read on the commentary T?:D

When you come home, you can sit next to Parrot in the BB stand & watch the game so I know your not as dopey as you come across, regarding City!;)
Once again hahaha

You mean sound as dopey as someone who changes his mind more than Abi Titmus changes her Knickers...

When you write something worth while i may take you seriously till then your just another bloke who jumps on the team when god forbid we lose...

You normally target the wrong players and call for the coaches head the day after he was "a fookin hero"..

hahahaha .....

Your as predictable after matches as a moth is around light .......;) :D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Ed said:
What did he do wrong? oh come on ...

Something that Bower didnt do wrong ... own goal

Something that Kearney didn't do wrong ... played in a light blue shirt, crapped out of tackles with his own shadow.

Something that Petta didn't do wrong ... lazy shit who kept falling over

Something that Deano didn't do wrong ... looked off his game, probably caused by the transfer talk.

Something that Howarth didn't do wrong ... claimed nothing, shouted never.

Crooks ... oh ... saved KEarney's blushes more than once, nearly scored ... wasnt affraid to get stuck in ... oh he was mega pants today.

Did you lot slap each other's backs on the way out of the Bantams bar and tell each other that Crooks was to blame? you lot can't get over the fact the team lost yet want to pin the blame on a player who played better than most today.

Do you lot pay your £21 or whatever is it is to just wait for crooks to make a slight mistake and back a big thing off it?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... How dare you have a go at these football pundits..:D

tony d said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... How dare you have a go at these football pundits..:D
When will you stop licking Eds arse T,

I view the performances of the team/players/manager by the game!

The best analogy I can think off is if your wife cheated on you , would you still say she was perfect as the day you married?, or could you change your mind?
Until you WATCH City regularly, I just cant take you seriously!!!!:D

Like I said, when I meet you, we'll sit together in the BB stand & you can tell me where I go wrong, OK:D

May 22, 2005
Some people hated Jacobs,while others call for Holloways head.I personally carn't stand Crooks what a total waste of space again and again and again.He was an absolute disgrace today, and one shot and a couple of blocks is not good enough what about the other 87 minutes?

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Mmmmm - seems to be a 50/50 split on Crooks!! I sincerely hope one day i get to eat my words, but i have an inkling that once he departs the club he'll be remembered as much (and for the same reasons) as Darren Morgan - Craig Ramage etc etc......

BTW Ed - no-one deny's the whole team (apart from full-backs) were crap, but come off it, even you must see that Crooks aint mobile enough to play centre midfield.......the amount of times he was no-where near play when he should have been, Kearney has been very dissapointing, but you can't criticise his lack of mobility - Crooks has no mobility, something which is vital when playing in central midfield.....

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Is what i dont get is why people keep saying we were crap, all 1st half it was one way traffic with 3 of our best players yesterday (muirhead, edghill and cadders) linking up well, then what does ct do? brings off another decent player to play a shower of shite who is off form, i sincerely hope BMW was injured yesterday!

G
MBW was injured yesterday!

I didn't liek the change he made though when he brought Cadas off for Cooke when we were losing. Why not put 3 upfront, and bring Crooks or Kearney back off!?

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Yes I thought it was little negative as was the changes against southend at the end of the day it is CT's responsibility I suppose - hopefully he will learn from these decisions.

Cadders with aroving role behind Windass. Alternatively Windass could have dropped off - that would have confused their tatics - to stifle him - stifle city.

We need other players to be weighing with more goals so it makes the oppostions mangers job more difficult to plan his tatics.

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
Crooks put 2 blocks in, 1 shot and then spent the rest of the game been half a yard away from the ball!!

Yet again Kearney was not up to scratch, but I would put this more down to a lack of matc fitness.

Windass tried TOO hard sat (I hope it was just 1 off game!)

Kearney - a decent player who just needs to get match practise!!
Crooks - well you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!

The worrying thing for me more than anything is the keeper though!At Rochdale he never came for anything and saturday was the same!! The defence are edgy because of this and Bower's wonder header proved there is no communication from him/faith in him!! (His Mrs even says he comes half hearted when he does!!)

HGTEB31!!

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
harrogatebantam31 said:
Crooks put 2 blocks in, 1 shot and then spent the rest of the game been half a yard away from the ball!!

Yet again Kearney was not up to scratch, but I would put this more down to a lack of matc fitness.

Windass tried TOO hard sat (I hope it was just 1 off game!)

Kearney - a decent player who just needs to get match practise!!
Crooks - well you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!

The worrying thing for me more than anything is the keeper though!At Rochdale he never came for anything and saturday was the same!! The defence are edgy because of this and Bower's wonder header proved there is no communication from him/faith in him!! (His Mrs even says he comes half hearted when he does!!)

HGTEB31!!

That would be my reading of Crookes as well Harrogate. I sit on the half way line, I think CT should come and sit where I sit and see for himself. He is slow, never where he should be, constantly berating other players for not being where he should be. He wasn't the only one on Saturday, but I tell you what, he goes missing when the going gets tough, just what you don't want from a midfielder.

Kearney is a different matter, he is most certianly not match fit, and lacking in confidence. He needs to play with MBW or Sch to bring him back to his former glory. Playing him with Crooks, will destroy his confidence.

Lets hope we get a better performance from them at Blackpool.

May 21, 2005
Southend game-Kearney and MBW played centre mid, Kearney played shite

Bournemouth game- Crooks and MBW played, they were fine in the first half. Kearney replaces MBW and it all goes to shit

Theres no doubt who the problem is in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.