Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lets have a reality check for a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Bradford City aren't a big team anymore, we do not have the devine right to beat everyone in this league.

We are in this league on merit, just like Nottingham Forest.

Nottingham Forest bid £750,000 for Nathan Tyson last week, we struggle to afford free transfers.

Nottingham Forest average gates over 17,000, we struggle to get 7,000.

Our club has finished lower and lower in the league for the last 5 years.

Most of our players are journeymen and players who have failed at other clubs, Several of which have been with the club before Todd was manager.

Pretty exciting football and coca cola league 1 don't go hand in hand.

A 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest isn't the end of the world.

At the end of the season no one remembers how you've played, just how many points you've gained!

Replacing Todd at this stage won't solve anything, look at Bristol City and Swindon Town.

Cadders isn't doing what we know he can do.

We are at best a team who will scrape into the playoffs and that is exactly what we are looking like doing at present.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
beerbantam said:
Fact remains - Forest were shit yesterday - we were worse!!:mad:
I won't deny that, but we we're set up go get a point at a place where we always get bad results and apart from a mistake in defence we didn't look troubled.

Our midfield let us down yesterday, no creativity and Cadders was awful.

I'd like to see Deano dropped back into midfield with Cooke and Claridge upfront whilst MBW is injured.

Thorney said:
Bradford City aren't a big team anymore, we do not have the devine right to beat everyone in this league.

We are in this league on merit, just like Nottingham Forest.

Nottingham Forest bid £750,000 for Nathan Tyson last week, we struggle to afford free transfers.

Nottingham Forest average gates over 17,000, we struggle to get 7,000.

Our club has finished lower and lower in the league for the last 5 years.

Most of our players are journeymen and players who have failed at other clubs, Several of which have been with the club before Todd was manager.

Pretty exciting football and coca cola league 1 don't go hand in hand.

A 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest isn't the end of the world.

At the end of the season no one remembers how you've played, just how many points you've gained!

Replacing Todd at this stage won't solve anything, look at Bristol City and Swindon Town.

Cadders isn't doing what we know he can do.

We are at best a team who will scrape into the playoffs and that is exactly what we are looking like doing at present.
Tell that to the management/fans of teams like Southend,Swansea & Huddersfield ect... who are sitting pretty near the top of League One!
I can't remember the last time these teams paid/offered 750k for anyone or have massive wage budgets!
The scoreline at Forest doesn't bother me mate, I've said all week we'd lose by the odd goal, I wasn't expecting a win down there!
What I did expect Is a spirited, passionate performance not the clueless drivel on display, even that Forest fan mocked us in his post!
You were there Thorney, we hardly got out of our own fecking 1/2 ffs:mad:
Surely those who made the effort to get there, deserved better than that?

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
beerbantam said:
I wouldnt argue with that mate!!
Yesterday though Ben should have been switched to the left, Lewis brought off and Danny put on the right!
That way we could have tried to salvage a point!!
After seeing the way Cadders played yesterday I wouldn't of put him on the pitch, I'd of taken Schumacher off droped Deano back and put Cooke and Claridge up front. Then with 10 min to go if we were still losing I'd of taken Holloway off (who like Cadders was awful) and put Cadders on up front in his natural position rather than the wing and gone for it to get the winner. Better lose 2-0 and try get a draw that just lose 1-0.

Hindsight is a great thing though.

Thorney said:
After seeing the way Cadders played yesterday I wouldn't of put him on the pitch, I'd of taken Schumacher off droped Deano back and put Cooke and Claridge up front. Then with 10 min to go if we were still losing I'd of taken Holloway off (who like Cadders was awful) and put Cadders on up front in his natural position rather than the wing and gone for it to get the winner. Better lose 2-0 and try get a draw that just lose 1-0.

Hindsight is a great thing though.
It's not hindsight Thorney, it's called Imagination, gumption, vision ect... all lacking from CTs repatoir:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.