Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lucky City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today City escaped from Millmoor with an undeserved yet welcome point.

No one could deny Rotherham were the more commited team today & deserved the 3 points.

What pished me off was the attitude of our players, who thought it was acceptable to saunter about the pitch waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen!

Rotherham "Wanted" to win more than us today which upset me a little after our impressive performances against Yorkshire oppsition last season.

Yet again the need to change our tactics/team for home & away games was evident again for all to see.

MOTM against MK Dons Muirhead, was yet again a passenger with the team unable to supply him the ball for long periods of the game.
MBW couldn't cut it away from home in the centre where he plays so well at VP!

It just goes to show IMO that CT needs to be tough & pick two different teams for games at home & away, until then im afraid our season will "Mirror" last season with similar league placing, ie mid table inevitable!

RANT OVER:D

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Parrot said:
Today City escaped from Millmoor with an undeserved yet welcome point.

No one could deny Rotherham were the more commited team today & deserved the 3 points.

What pished me off was the attitude of our players, who thought it was acceptable to saunter about the pitch waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen!

Rotherham "Wanted" to win more than us today which upset me a little after our impressive performances against Yorkshire oppsition last season.

Yet again the need to change our tactics/team for home & away games was evident again for all to see.

MOTM against MK Dons Muirhead, was yet again a passenger with the team unable to supply him the ball for long periods of the game.
MBW couldn't cut it away from home in the centre where he plays so well at VP!

It just goes to show IMO that CT needs to be tough & pick two different teams for games at home & away, until then im afraid our season will "Mirror" last season with similar league placing, ie mid table inevitable!

RANT OVER:D
Now thats funny...

So Todds a great away manager and the team plays its best footy away from home last season and this, up until today...

They still get a draw from a below par performance yet on the basis of that they must once again change their whole tactics...

MBW seemed to me (as a listener of course) to be one of the best players on the pitch...

City have 7 points from 4 games and are only 2 points off the top...

PANIC STATIONS!!!!!

hahahahaha its the way you tell em.....

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
We only looked good at 1-0 down, and after we equalised today. Cadders was shocking at best. A draw was a fair result just wish Bridge-Wilkinsons effort was 6 inches further toward goal with seconds remaining.

tony d said:
Now thats funny...

So Todds a great away manager and the team plays its best footy away from home last season and this, up until today...

They still get a draw from a below par performance yet on the basis of that they must once again change their whole tactics...

MBW seemed to me (as a listener of course) to be one of the best players on the pitch...

City have 7 points from 4 games and are only 2 points off the top...

PANIC STATIONS!!!!!

hahahahaha its the way you tell em.....
Well T,

If you had being there today, maybe you would be agreeing? (No offence intended BTW)

The truth was we were LUCKY to come away with a point!

Before the game I'd have been happy with a point & even predicted such a result last night.

At the game however, I was dissapointed with the "Effort" our players put in, & at the end the game I was PRAYING for a point!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Parrot said:
Well T,

If you had being there today, maybe you would be agreeing? (No offence intended BTW)

The truth was we were LUCKY to come away with a point!

Before the game I'd have been happy with a point & even predicted such a result last night.

At the game however, I was dissapointed with the "Effort" our players put in, & at the end the game I was PRAYING for a point!
I agree with you there mate, sounded like they were under the cosh for most of the match, last season they would have probably lost that...

They didnt, they actually 80 mins late pulled there socks up after going down one which deserves a bit of credit...

Effort although lacking did pull em through... Was nice to get a late goal for a change... One point is better than none and hopefully we will see the same reaction for the next away match as we did for the home one after saaaarf end....:D :( :D

Thats what I said to my mate about last season, the game reminded me of the away Blackpool game which we lost in the last minutes.

Same as that game we didn't even "Turn up" & was punished accordingly!
Today we dug In & scraped a draw out of the barrels of defeat.

My original point T, was about how the team is required a different set-up for home & away games!

May 24, 2005
We were indeed pretty bad today, up until after they scored.

Think its really unfair to say Cadders was 'shocking' he didnt get that much time on the pitch! Cooke was dreadful.

Anyone know how long Donovan will be out for? (If any). Though Howarth looked very decent, apart from the end where he seemed really reluctant to release the ball quickly.

That shot from MBW that hit the post..... Geez, the ref really hated us today, had some great banter with the Rothers fans, there ground really is pants.

Another thing that baffled me was the inability to win virtually anything in the air, their team didnt look particuarly big, yet Bowser and Wethers seemed to lose out in the air just about every time.

Anyway - on holiday for two weeks now, nice to see a good game (It was a good game, even if for the Rotherham play for the most part!).

May 20, 2005
Bloody hell lads, not every team we play are gonna roll over and let us win.

Despite the fact that Rotherham dominated territorially I was heartened knowing we created more clear cut chances even though we were not on top of our game. Bodes well for the season me thinks.

Why wasn't Shuey playing?

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
We were poor for much of the game yesterday,they were quicker to the ball than us, always had players in space for passes yet closed us down in numbers, still a big agressive team as in Morons day, we were better in the second half with MBW wide left, he was unlucky not to score, last 10 mins was best period of the game,I prefer Howarth in goal, Ricketts make me nervous,Howarth made a brill save just before half time, had to be 70% instinct, he could not have seen it until late.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
As i have been saying all summer we will struggle against the physical teams and unless we do something about it we will be midtable.

Yet again we were sending in high crosses to Deano & Cooky that the Rothrum central defenders soaked up.
That guy Murdock, the Rothrum captain had Windass in his back pocket, goal apart.
When will we learn to get the low crosses into our strikers? We did it against the Dons with great results, yesterday we were back to the same as the Southend game!
Remember boys BALLS TO FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enoch

C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Bradistan
our performance yesterday was disappointing BUT sucessfull teams get points out of games when maybe they didn't deserve any.............I'll take the point from an away game at a team who were in a division higher than us last season...........but the team and CT need to take the lessons on board.
Next two games 6 points no problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.