Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Luke Becket

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesG

C&B Member
May 22, 2005
Blackpool manager Colin Hendry has revealed the club are unlikely to sign Luke Beckett from Sheffield United despite agreeing a fee for the player.

Could thiss mean we will sign him?

G
We would have no hope of paying the fee. That is probably why Todd said he is no longer interested a few days ago.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Thorney said:
I thought he had been released on a free transfer.
Thats what I thought at first but the 7 Sheff Utd players were only made availadle for transfer and put on the transfer list, non were actually released.

May 17, 2006
Huddersfield are going to sign Sheffield United striker Luke Beckett todaytdwn:

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Rich_Con_BCFC said:
Todd would be a god if he brought Beckett to the Club.
jawdrop: jawdrop: jawdrop: jawdrop: jawdrop:

roflmao: roflmao: roflmao:
roflmao: roflmao: roflmao: roflmao:
roflmao: roflmao:​

May 17, 2006
Hudders have dismissed rumours they have already signed St Johnstone goalkeeper Matt Glennon and Sheffield United striker Luke Beckett.

The Terriers insist their pursuit of Luke Beckett will not bear fruition until next week at the earliest.

The Glennon swoop had looked a done deal after comments from Owen Coyle, the St Johnstone manager, who admitted his club "couldn't compete with the money being paid down there".

Beckett, the Sheffield United striker who spent a hugely-successful spell on loan at Oldham last term, has also been linked with the Terriers, but he too remains an admired target as opposed to a confirmed signing.

Chief Executive Andrew Watson revealed: "As a rule no-one comments on football matters except Peter Jackson, and he's away until next week.

"But we haven't signed anyone yet, and nothing is going to be sorted out until Pier (Jackson) gets back anyway," he said.

Jul 4, 2006
Huddersfield
tony d said:
I reckon it is just Huddersfield bluffing...Surely everyone knows that clubs just bluff about wanting players nowadays to appease their fans....

Bluffing tw**s ...
Beckett signed a 3 year deal at 9.45 this morning, no bluff unless he signed in invisible in ;) :D

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
PolishHippy said:
Beckett signed a 3 year deal at 9.45 this morning, no bluff unless he signed in invisible in ;) :D
How long before he gets injured..2 games,3 games...hopefully (for the tbs) 4???

How many goals for 100 grand?? 1, 2, 3??

Good luck

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
PolishHippy said:
Whooosh - it went straight over your head that one didn't it yer fookin TB Gippo?.....Tonyd was actually using sarcasm to have a go at certain folk off here for slagging our club off for the "Evil" signing....mock:

Go back to the Gent board mate where you can resume your backslapping with City fans who (for some strange reason) actually appreciate your TB banter!!....Wanker:

Jul 4, 2006
Huddersfield
king billy said:
Whooosh - it went straight over your head that one didn't it yer fookin TB Gippo?.....Tonyd was actually using sarcasm to have a go at certain folk off here for slagging our club off for the "Evil" signing....mock:

Go back to the Gent board mate where you can resume your backslapping with City fans who (for some strange reason) actually appreciate your TB banter!!....Wanker:
I suppose if I spend enough time here i'll get used to your narrow minded bigoted loyalist rants. ONE GERRY ADAMS, THERE'S ONLY ONE GERRY ADAMS! :D

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
PolishHippy said:
I suppose if I spend enough time here i'll get used to your narrow minded bigoted loyalist rants. ONE GERRY ADAMS, THERE'S ONLY ONE GERRY ADAMS! :D
Oh i'm sure we'll get on just fine - as long as you don't mention that blue and white shite you support and stop taking delight in England defeat last Saturday (like you've done on other forums)!!...:rolleyes:

Jul 4, 2006
Huddersfield
king billy said:
Oh i'm sure we'll get on just fine - as long as you don't mention that blue and white shite you support and stop taking delight in England defeat last Saturday (like you've done on other forums)!!...:rolleyes:
Well if you don't mention the blue and white shite you support north of the border, i'm sure we'll get on great.

I never mentioned anything about England losing at the weekend, wasn't planning to but seeing as you mentioned it jump: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.