Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Maccers returns to VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
I noticed they were playing after reading the omb and popped down to VP to watch the second half. It's a while since I've seen a reserve game and to be honest I quite enjoyed it. Unlike previous reserve games I've seen it was played at a lively pace. I thought United played well, they passed the ball and kept possession much better than we did and based on what I saw deserved their win.

Apart from 'legend' I was looking forward to seeing Symes play. The first twenty minutes of the second half isn't much to go on, but I thought he was reluctant to play the easy ball and got the impression he thought he was better than everyone else. He probably is, but in a team game keeping it simple is sometimes the best way forward. I'd like to see him play with better players, but fourty five minutes obviously isn't enough to know whether he's good enough to make the step up to the first team.

The biggest round of applause of the day was reserved for near the end and the entrance of Stuart, who slotted seemlessly into his centre forward role!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: A pound or two heavier these days he was immediately pointing and shouting and orchestrating the Blades attack. In his short time on the pitch he didn't make a mistake, every one of his ten or so passes finding a team mate, great stuff. At one point I half closed my eyes and saw him lashing the ball home from twenty five yards against Arsenal. Eeh, them w't'days.

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Mallorcabantam said:
came on as sub against City reserves today
There was no reason for our Stu to be a sub today, other than giving him a chance of a run out at his spiritual home.

Loyalish, how did the City trialist Walton from Farsley go on?

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Sorry JY, like I said, I'm not over familiar with the reserves, so apart from Swift, Symes, Colbeck and Denvers I didn't know one player from another.

What position does he play?

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Loyalish2 said:
What position does he play?
I don't know, I tried to find out infomation on him from Farsley's web site, however they mentioned all their senior players bar Walton.

I assume he's a young lad, that is deemed to have the potential to step up.
And from the City line-up he appeared to be in Midfield.

Remember where the young Stu came from ;-0 !!

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Walton is Liversedge's unlikely hero

From the Telegraph & Argus, first published Monday 17th Feb 2003.

Hallam 0, Liversedge 3: A hat-trick from Chris Walton, who may not have made the starting line up had Liversedge had a full squad, eased his side to a comfortable victory over Hallam.
His goals were spread out in the Northern Counties East Premier Division clash. He opened the scoring midway through the first half, notched the second a minute into the second period and grabbed his treble in the last minute.
Walton was earmarked for a place on the bench but Sedge had some late withdrawals from their squad. On-form strikers Kevin Lamey and James Nestor were joined on the sidelines by defender Steve West.
"They are all big players to lose and to go out there with a few changes and still get a result pleases me immensely," said delighted boss Eugene Lacy.
"It was a poor game to be honest but three points are three points and it's another win which will boost the confidence and give me selection problems for tomorrow's West Riding County Cup quarter-final against Goole."
It was good work from midfielders Mark Brady and Matt Sykes that presented Walton with his first strike. He gleefully accepted the opportunity to drive in from the edge of the area. From then on Sedge were in charge.

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
And here is the full info on who he playes for (from 15-02-05):

LIVERSEDGE manger Eugene Lacy says skipper Chris Walton is still committed to the club despite signing for Unibond side Farsley Celtic.

Lacy told thisisbradford.co.uk, "He is allowed to sign for both clubs. It's not a loan, as I keep saying, and it doesn't follow that we will lose him.”

"There was a pre-signing agreement between myself and (Farsley manager) Lee Sinnott and he will be available for us. In fact I have told Lee that Chris is as good as any midfield player he has at Farsley right now.

"Lee has been fair with us by lending us some really good prospects and I felt it only right to tell him how good Walton is. It will work well on both sides if we are honest with each other.

"If he wants to take a chance on Chris, which won't be a gamble by any means, he can select him. But I will not release him if he is not in the starting line-up, he is too good to be sitting on the bench.

"For them or for us, no way am I going to allow someone like him to not be playing if he is fully fit.

"He is a big-game player and he will do well. He stands out on a pitch like ours, so just imagine what he will be able to do on a pitch like the one at Throstle Nest.

"I think if he gets a shirt there he will keep it. The only thing against him is that he works outside the area and is never available for midweek games."

Status
Not open for further replies.