Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Marcus Stewart moves to Bristol City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/4613217.stm

With a strike force of Lita and Stewart Bristol City are a team which can now cause a few problems with their attack and are a good bet for promotion next season.

from the bbc,

Stewart agrees Bristol City move

Striker Marcus Stewart has fulfilled a boyhood dream by joining Bristol City on a two-year deal.
The 32-year-old, who began his career at Bristol Rovers, will move to his hometown club on 1 July when his deal with Premiership-bound Sunderland ends.

"I will now be playing for the team I loved as a kid," Stewart told the club's official website.

"I didn't speak to anybody else because I made my mind up halfway through last season that I wanted to come to City."

Stewart scored 17 goals last season to help Sunderland to the Championship title but was then told by manager Mick McCarthy his contract would not be renewed.

"I didn't speak to any other club because I would have been wasting their time," he added. "The manager and the chairman wanted me and I'm delighted to be here.

"I supported them as a kid and I still support them now."

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
I find his comments strange dont you...

At his best he could still play in the Prem... The worst he should be is in League One...

I smell a player who knows hes on a big slide either through a known injury or something else...

A player of his age shouldnt be fulfilling a life long dream to play for a club like that for 3 or more years...

But on paper they look a very good package for next term...

Not convinced yet... Maybe he thinks he can do a Deano and get his rep back for a final season in the big Leagues the year after....

G

we don't look too bad either with Windass and Andy Cooke leading the line .
Bristol City have been there or therabouts for a few years , last season we got 4 points from them .

Status
Not open for further replies.