Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Michael Chopra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are that he his joining on a season long loan from Newcastle.

IMO he's no better than Forrest or Sanasy but if he joins he will get a good run in the team because he will be a CT signing.

Also the fans will have more patience with a "New" player rather than DF or KS.

Some will say how much time does Forrest or Sanasy want to prove themselves, but personally I dont think that young players can be persistent when given 10 mins here 45 mins there ect...
Stick them In the 1st team & play them for a few games!

Take Chopra, the Barnsley fans turned on him after about 5 games yet the manager stood by him & he come good in the end!

Give youth a chance CT!

Bantamtim

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Chopra got loads of goals last season and is a proven goalscorer at this level, which is more than can be said of Forrest or Sanasy. I think he's also an England U-21 international, so they obviously rated him.

Bantamtim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chopra got loads of goals last season and is a
> proven goalscorer at this level, which is more
> than can be said of Forrest or Sanasy. I think
> he's also an England U-21 international, so they
> obviously rated him.
>
> Bradford City FC - Pride of West Yorkshire

He got loads of goals after a poor start, that was my point!

Would Forrest or Sanasy come good after a run of say 5 full games?

G
I still think we need to give Sanasy a run in the team. He never has had a few games even coming off the bench last season. He's probably more of a goal threat and better technically than Forrest and has scored a lot more in reserves!

I liked the "Cockyness" of Sanasy, he used to wind up Giant center half's & get goalies to lose their concentration by giving the verbals!

Don't think CT has ever rated him though!

May 21, 2005
I can see where your coming from Parrot but can you see Forrest or Sanasy scoring a goal like the one he scored against us? Or getting 20+ goals a season? I can't!

I bet the Barnsley fans at the start of the season couldn't believe he was gonna get all them goals!

We'll never know unless we give them a good run in the team!

JamesG

C&B Member
May 22, 2005
I dont think we need to sign ANY new strikers unless they are leagues ahead of the current partnership

May 24, 2005
Our current strikers are very good, the only problem is how similar they are, if the way they play dosent work against a team then we have very little options to change it.

Thats why someone like Chopra,Cadders (Pacy), Adebola, Bridges (Strong and good at holding up as well as scoring goals), would be a good option if we needed a different approach.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
nostalgia beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.