Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Midland Road To Be Closed Every League Match

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
Bradford City have worked with the police and listened to feedback from our fans and have made a decision to close Midland Road for every Sky Bet League One fixture.
The road closures will be in place from 1:00pm until 5:30pm for a 3:00pm kick off and 5:30pm until 10:30pm for a 7:45pm kick off.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/road-closures-update/

Oct 13, 2008
I take it we can still access the car park on Midland Road. Is it the whole of Midland Road or just the section they close for an A class game.

Aug 14, 2012
I take it we can still access the car park on Midland Road. Is it the whole of Midland Road or just the section they close for an A class game.
From what they are saying it is only a slight extension to what is already in place
Midland Road will be closed from its junction with Thorncliffe Road right through to its junction with Cornwall Road.
The lower section of Holywell Ash Lane will also be closed from its junction with Lupton Street.

So for anyone parked in Midland Road or the car park off it it looks fine to park and get away straight after the match.

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Bradford City have worked with the police and listened to feedback from our fans and have made a decision to close Midland Road for every Sky Bet League One fixture.
The road closures will be in place from 1:00pm until 5:30pm for a 3:00pm kick off and 5:30pm until 10:30pm for a 7:45pm kick off.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/road-closures-update/
Great and welcome news, if even overdue. Let's hope the boys in Blue extend their activity beyond those boundaries, as exiting VP doesn't stop at Midland road. Crossing both Queens Road and Manningham Lane can be a nightmare, even with a RED light against traffic !!

Storck

Feb 10, 2013
It is only the bit directly outside the ground. I thought that was closed every home game anyway.

Big Headline, no news

Inspector

C&B Member
Aug 26, 2012
Plus which end is the Manningham End?
Apologies, the queens road end after the game. With supporters walking and driving away from the stadium you don't need traffic weaving against the flow. The police should put a traffic plan in place to clear the area as quickly and safely as possible.

Bigrod

C&B Member
Jul 8, 2013
Up in the hills and far away
Apologies, the queens road end after the game. With supporters walking and driving away from the stadium you don't need traffic weaving against the flow. The police should put a traffic plan in place to clear the area as quickly and safely as possible.
Not sure if they override the traffic lights at the end of Midland Road/Queens Road, in effect give priority to traffic leaving the Midland Road, over that on Queens Road. Also prevent traffic from entering Midland Road. That would disperse the crowd more quickly and would hopefully assist with safety issues.

Aug 7, 2012
Leeds
It is only the bit directly outside the ground. I thought that was closed every home game anyway.

Big Headline, no news
Not that I've noticed as a Midland Roader. Usually its only for big games where extra attendance is expected. Possibly one of those things I've never picked up on out of habit, but I'm sure that cars pass through the back of the stand more often than not - especially on night games when it is most dangerous.

At least this is a clear schedule for drivers and residents to get used to so well done to the club for acting on concerns before something serious happens.

Trevor

C&B Member
Nov 15, 2010
Should have closed it to pedestrians so us motorists can speed off, If the pedestrians stayed of the road the bit designed for cars to use then there would not be a problem,
#takemehomeMidlandroad

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
Should have closed it to pedestrians so us motorists can speed off, If the pedestrians stayed of the road the bit designed for cars to use then there would not be a problem,
#takemehomeMidlandroad
Getting into the Festive mood I see @Trevor, that news about Brexit has certainly got you buzzing ;)