Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MOST CAPPED (INT) CITY PLAYER EVER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2005
Waddle got a few for England. Lee Sharpe and SVC were both England City Players too Mike Duxbury and Gordon Cowans an all an all as ridiculous as that my sound. Big Nev for Wales.

But they only count as International City Players if capped whilst playing for us surely? Which narrows it down somewhat.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Dovo Ricketts has 70+ caps

G
boyracingbantam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No way Ricketts has 70 Caps where you get that
> from????
>
>

Yes this is true. You seem surprised lol

G
I am suprised on fm2005 (Which as we all know is pretty accurate) i think he starts with about 25 or somewhere around there...

That is the nature of my suprise...im just off to scour tinternet now to find a reliable source and up to date figure.

Just seems a lot for a player who isnt that old yet

G
Yeh on FM2005 it's around that mark. They must not include internationals like Caribbean Cup or what ever it is

G
Yeah see what your saying! Maybe competitions like CONCAF/Gold Cup/ETC and stuff dont count: I couldn't find anything ont net, i went to reggaeboyz.com but his profile doesn't state how many caps he has...but if it is 70, surely that makes him the most capped bantam ever?

G
Yes in fact in 98 he was 3rd choice keeper at the World Cup, I have drafted in the powers that be at BfB and asked Michael Wood, he is as confused as me but has emailed the president of the JFA so hopefully hell be able to tell us.

Think ill pose the question to JP on official message boards, im sure it may be easier to just ask donovan himself.

Incidentally when i asked BfB about who he thought the most capped player was this was his reply, anyone know who this is??????:-

"During WW2 clubs would have guest players who were stationed nearby but still fancied a game - there was no league but club's played friendlies - and I was once told by an old guy who went that City used to field a right back who played for Everton and England in peacetime and had got a stack of caps - at least 50 if I remember the story well enough.

No idea what his name was and records of wartime football are rubbish but he might be in with a shout."

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
I think it is 70 ish, someone mentioned it to me and i remember reading it somewhere..... FM isnt always right :D i mean danny forrest scores hundreds on fm!

G
LOL - You're not wrong there Yeadon!!!

Kearney can also go a whole season without Injury sometimes as well - Clearly inaccurate

May 18, 2005
If it's about caps got whilst playing for us then Jamie Lawrence must be in with a shout. He's the only player I can recall who was unavailable due to international selection on more than one occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.