Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

much, much better performance today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Today's first half performance was brilliant up there with the win up at Hartlepool and the win at Rochdale (our two best performances to date IMO) - which IMO puts paid to the fact that we have a below average squad (Chuckle), we outplayed Barnsley the inform league 1 team straight from the kick off - no coincidence that Holloway and Crookes weren't playing, we looked exciting, mobile, imaginative and very productive - the only thing spoiling it was Windass' woeful performance and finishing!!
Even if we'd have lost today the fans would have been happy - this is exactly the type of performance many of us on here have been demanding - passion and imagination......!! We now need to produce this at home, we know we can do it, if Todd can produce this week in week out especially at home then i for one will get off his back and get behind him!! One swallow don't make a summer, but today was very, very encouraging!!

BTW Cadders looked something like his old self which can only be good.....:)

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Other highlights today were Normancorner being shitfaced, gesticulating like Charlie and generally unwittingly entertaining the crowd......:D Loyalish loosing it after Windass had missed his 8th sitter of the game :D and finally Jimmy calling the lad sat 5 rows in front of us a "fat coont" for disagreeing with him....:D

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
surprise surprise i was pished,but i was only telling the truth he made KB look like Stan Laural and not Oliver Hardy.lol.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
king billy said:
Other highlights today were Normancorner being shitfaced, gesticulating like Charlie and generally unwittingly entertaining the crowd......:D Loyalish loosing it after Windass had missed his 8th sitter of the game :D and finally Jimmy calling the lad sat 5 rows in front of us a "fat coont" for disagreeing with him....:D
Well I agree with u on the football side.

The above comments surprisingly dont include me so that has to be a plus ! Perhaps I was good, cant remember due to a heavy session wiv Jimbo n Parrot. We erm bumped into Charlie in the leisure centre - talk about no-one being able to understand each other !! lol

Jimbo quote of the day :-
surprise surprise i was pished,but i was only telling the truth he made KB look like Stan Laural and not Oliver Hardy.lol.
n everyone else who was wiv him !! pmsl...

axel

C&B Member
Aug 7, 2005
I agree, a lot better performance. Thought this was mainly down to the central pairing of MBW and (much-improved) Schuey.

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
Today's first half performance was brilliant up there with the win up at Hartlepool and the win at Rochdale (our two best performances to date IMO) - which IMO puts paid to the fact that we have a below average squad (Chuckle), we outplayed Barnsley the inform league 1 team straight from the kick off - no coincidence that Holloway and Crookes weren't playing, we looked exciting, mobile, imaginative and very productive - the only thing spoiling it was Windass' woeful performance and finishing!!
Even if we'd have lost today the fans would have been happy - this is exactly the type of performance many of us on here have been demanding - passion and imagination......!! We now need to produce this at home, we know we can do it, if Todd can produce this week in week out especially at home then i for one will get off his back and get behind him!! One swallow don't make a summer, but today was very, very encouraging!!

BTW Cadders looked something like his old self which can only be good.....:)
I'd snap the hands off of "below average" KB, but we honestly haven't even got owt as good as that. "Shite" is the word I'd use. Just give the manager the credit for the better performance and take the blinkers off. You can't keep giving it the it's "all the managers fault" when we play shit but "it's despite the manager" when we play well all the time if you want your opinion to hold water. Or are you going to tell me that Wethers picked the team and Jim Browm coached us yesterday??

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
The fact of the matter Dave is that Holloway and Crooks didn't play because of a ban and injury - he would have played em both yesterday if they'd have been available - which is bad management - his hand was forced!! We ripped Barnsley apart yesterday 1st half - were not shite - we have the talent in this squad to walk this division - anyone who'd seen some of our early season performances would know that....;) Don't know where your getting "shite" from, which other teams in this division have you seen to base that assumption?...

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
BTW the standing ovation the players got as they walked off at half time was superb, they obviously appreciated it - and i hope Todd see's that when they play with passion and imagination that we get behind em.....the support BTW was great from start to finish yesterday - which kind of highlights my point Chuckle - play like that more regularly especially at home - and the fans will return....

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
we have the talent in this squad to walk this division.

FPMSL!!! Are you one of those Chris Evans style never watched a game of footy before Euro 96 noveaufans or somat!!??

This squad is the worse I've seen in nearly 30 years of going to City, I include the Docherty Milwall rejects squad in that.

king billy said:
- play like that more regularly especially at home - and the fans will return....
Nope, treating the fans with respect when taking their money is the only thing that will do that. Even in our lowly league position of 14th we are overachieving with what we have, the stayaways understand that.

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
Are you still pished from last night Chucks?.....

You've left me speechless - I can't even reply to that because your so off the mark....:confused:

Seriously mate - i'm not having a dig here but tell us - when was the last time you saw City play?......the Hull game last season would be my guess - how you can base such huge sweeping statements as you make not having seen em is baffling....:confused:

king billy

C&B Member
May 24, 2005
ChuckleBantam said:
Nope, treating the fans with respect when taking their money is the only thing that will do that. Even in our lowly league position of 14th we are overachieving with what we have, the stayaways understand that.
You have a point but most of that comment is bollux - so your honestly saying that if we were top of the division tonking everyone the crowds wouldn't improve?....:confused:

May 24, 2005
Deano seems to have a phobia when playing against Barnsley, remember last year at Valley Parade when he had about 6 golden chances, and we only won when he scored a retaken penalty (He missed the 1st one).

Glad to hear about the performance, wish id have gone now, lets hope we get someone big in the draw later, might give the players a kick up the arse to play better at home in the replay!

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
You have a point but most of that comment is bollux - so your honestly saying that if we were top of the division tonking everyone the crowds wouldn't improve?....:confused:
Yeah they would but no more than a thousand or two, which is still shit for a club with our recent track record.

king billy said:
Are you still pished from last night Chucks?.....

You've left me speechless - I can't even reply to that because your so off the mark....:confused:

Seriously mate - i'm not having a dig here but tell us - when was the last time you saw City play?......the Hull game last season would be my guess - how you can base such huge sweeping statements as you make not having seen em is baffling....:confused:
Like I said the last time someone asked the old faithful "you don't go, so how the fuck do you know" question. There is not one member of our team I haven't seen play, they are rejects and journey men, and you can see why they are rejects and journeymen. If you think that squad could pish that division with another manager KB, good luck, but you are soooo wrong. That squad is relegation fodder. You go back to the posts at the start of the season when everyone was doing their usual "we'll pish this league" bollocks, I said we'd have the same kind of season we are having. That's not a sweeping indictment of the manager, it's knowing and reaslising what we have. A shit set of players, a manager at his level and a board of directors who haven't got a fooking clue what running a football club is about. That's why we are where we are. It'll take an investment of millions by somebody who has a grasp of how to run a football teato change that, so just make the most of what we have instaead of praying or asking for a football miracle that aint possible.

axel

C&B Member
Aug 7, 2005
You mean Chuckle is slagging off a team he hasn't even seen play? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! What a ridiculous man

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I didn't see yesterdays game, but what i understand from the people who went is that we were mobile and creative in midfield which supplied a hat full of chances which is all you can ask for. That was NOT a managment decision it was forced on him by injury and ban's. Apparently he may have seen the light, because he said in his after match interview, that the injury had 'worked in our favour' well well Colin we could have told you all season that the way to win games is to have a good creative midfield, and you don't get that by playing defensive/holding midfielder; we can't afford it, we need everybody in that midfield with the ability to move up and down the pitch; we have a good solid defence they don't need the protection that Todd has been affording them all season, what we need is a good management selection, so that means you leave Holloway in the dressing room, and you play your best right back, which in this case is Edgehill, you play your best left back which is Taylor; Wetherall and Bower in the middle of defence.

If any of those are injured you play Swift or Stu Peas; or Lewis for Taylor. You could put Crooks in at the back if either Bower or Wetherall are injured it is worth a try, because the one thing he is not is a midfielder in my view. Schuey said in a recent fans forum that he plays well with either Kearney or MBW; if it works why try and build a team round a player that it doesn't work with???? We should build our team round players that it does work, n ot try and push a square peg(Crooks) into a round hole just so you can have your fav defensive 'midfielder' playing.

You play with Muirhead and Morrison or Petta on the wings and you have either MBW Kearney, Schuey in midfield, any combination of the three.

That is our best team, and it is shame that it has taken an injury to make it happen rather than an a proper well thought out decision from Todd. The players must have been giving it hoops of joy yesterday as me and the other half did when we knew he couldn't play. It allowed them to express themselves properly and play with confidence, now if we can do it again and at home, then I will lay off Todd for the moment, still doesn't excuse his lack of ability in choosing the team that can play best footie together, but buys him some time to reflect on his mistakes.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
king billy said:
Erm... at the risk of being accused of simply agreein with you KB - I actually agree with you !!

Chuckle, I have said it before and will say it again, even tho its gettin a little tiresome, if you had sat through some of the performances we have then you may change your mind. And im not having a go here honest.

If we were at the top of the division we certainly would be attracting bigger crowds and thats a fact, trust me I know.

Just what has the club done now to upset you thats all I want to know?

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Best performance this season int first half and if Windass could finish we'd of been well clear in the first 30 mins of the match.

Attacked them straight from kick-off and showed how good we can play, just need more of the same, they couldnt cope with our midfield yesterday.

Cadders looks to be gettin back to the sort of player we know he can be and that will be a big bonus fur us.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
a superb team performance but deano was shocking...i really think if todd had any brains or bottle he'd sit windass out for a game and put cooke in. This would tell deano not to be so complecant and that infact he isn't always gaurenteed a place on the team also it would give cooke another try - i think toddhas been harsh on cooke this season, playing claridge who should really be in a far far lower league

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
the calverley bantam said:
i think todd has been harsh on cooke this season, playing claridge who should really be in a far far lower league
Agree with you there, would of prefered to see Cooke come on rather than Claridge.

G
ChuckleBantam said:
This squad is the worse I've seen in nearly 30 years of going to City, I include the Docherty Milwall rejects squad in that.
You've made my f*ck*ng day Chuckie Egg.

Forget the fact that my game was called off.

Forget that Hudderscum have got through.

Forget that we've got Walsall in the next round.

Forget that our lass is on the verge of dumping me.

None of that matters when i can come on here and see a comment like that.

Nearly up there with "Pixies are shit" and "Coldplay are the best band in the world".

You are a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.