Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Muirhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2005
The sooner he goes the better. Agreed? 'Head down and run' scenario time and time again, rarely picks the right pass, can't shoot (apart from the Tranmere fluke ;D ).

If we sign another winger left or right it will enable Morrison to fill in on the other wing leaving Muirhead a sub at best. I agree he would be useful as a substitute for the last tem minutes in the odd game but there is no way he should be a regular starter?

G
As if you dont like him, ok he's no david beckham but he's a real crowd pleaser and his pace is a key factor. If he can get a few descent crosses in for deano each game then theres no reason why he can't be as good as, if not better then summerbee.

G
On his day Muirhead is a class act, he's just too inconsistant. Look at the Brentford game at home, he ripped them apart. Ricketts throws out to Muirhead who runs down the line who crosses to MBW to score. A goal in a matter of seconds! Thats what Muirhead can do, just needs to work on his shooting

May 21, 2005
"just needs to work on his shooting"

...and his passing, and his crossing. I don't think ive seen a decent cross from him yet. For me he's just another of Nicky Law's players who simply aren't good enough.

May 18, 2005
I'd have Muirhead on in my starting 11 every time. He's one of the few we've got who can scare the opposition when he runs at them. He has his flaws, but the job of the coaches is to work on those and utilise his strengths.

I hope we don't let him go.

May 21, 2005
I honestly can't believe ANYONE has defended him let alone 3 people! He needs to have a big season next season or for me its time for him to go, if he can't produce now he never will do. 1-2 goals a season simply isn't good enough for a winger that has the pace he has, pace that as he gets older will desert him.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Ahhh disagree there ... Peter Beagrie matured with age... He didnt set the speed records down our wing did he...

Yes he was a bit of a velcro foot, but the skills he had then he still has today...

Id like to see Ben use his head more and concentrate on getting decent crosses in. Speed isnt everything in fact in his case its a bit of a curse...

I would keep him in the squad...No probs

May 24, 2005
I think Murihead has great potential, though if I had to pick out of Murihead and Morrison, I would probably pick Owen. Scores crucial goals (Sheff wed and Hudders away), has all the skills, can cross, and on the day he can take teams apart.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
It would be foolish to sell Ben at his young age - for me he Improved at the end of last season and should be an Important part of our squad next season . He knows he has to work on his passing and shooting , but that pace and skill Is worth a lot for a team like us with no money . Not many players get the crowd on their feet like he can - that was fluke either at Tranmere , I was there and he proved he could do It that day.

G
IMo Muirheads a good young lad, and yes, he has pace to burn, and injects some energy off the bench.. for that reason I say keep him.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Im glad bantam and proud isnt manager, he would have kept atherton and zema abbey and got shut of muirhead and windass!

May 21, 2005
Yes i would have got rid of Muirhead, just like Robson did, rightly so in my opinion. Atherton was appalling as was Abbey (good header though). I'll choose to ignore the Windass one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.