Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My eyes were opened today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
My eyes were opened today...

Our signings this pre-season have been sh.it

We have Russell Howarth, a goalkeeper who has played next to no league football in his career and was second choice at both York City and Tranmere Rovers.

We have Damion Stewart, a man who has never played a single professional english league football game in his life and against Guatamala was blamed for their three goals.

We have Andrew Taylor who has never even played a professional game in his life.

We have Bobby Petta, someone so out of form and so careless even Darlington did not think he was good enough to play for them.

We have Danny Cadamarteri, a player who has glass legs and will probably play one game and get injured.

I would have preferred it if we had have signed two really good players. Call this a drunken ranting but this season our side has got no better whatsoever and if anything has took a step backward in the goalkeeping department.

I know its depressing and Jim Browns 'we dont need promotion' comments dont help, but like this i can see a depressing season ahead.

If we had have signed Alan Marriot, Stephen Hunt and Dele Adebola i would have had us for promotion certs, but instead we have a bunch of journeymen half of whom have never played a game of professional footy in their life.

All the players Todd has signed are those who cant get themselves out of a mess, they arent grafters they are inconsistent 'i'll perform when i want' players. When the going gets tough they will hide under the table.

I hate to be pessimistic but thats just the way i see it. This season could go one way or the other and if it does not go the right way the lads we have right now will bottle it.

Sorry to put a downer on the situation but i think we will be lucky to finish as high as we did last.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
And when Colin Todd told us our two goalkeepers last season were Paul Henderson and Ricketts everyone thought something similar. Ricketts has now been taken in as a fans fav and Henderson is now playing for a club whos tipped to get a promotion to the premier league.

Nobody had ever heard of Hendo before last season, he hadnt even played in a proper professional league until he joined us and even Blackpool turned him down saying he wasnt good enough - he was more than good enough and im betting Todd wished hed been given a two year deal last summer and not a 12 month deal.

Stew Peas is raw and everyone knows it, Hes coming to learn and is in the same boat Ricketts was in last summer.

Petta is a quality player but needs to be in a winning team to perform ...

I saw all this talk about MBW and Morrison when they signed ... humble pie and all that ...

G
Beerbantam your saying all this now but its not the same as last season. For starters Todd has not signed the players after trials he has signed them on a whim.

If the going gets tough do you honestly think the likes of Morrison will perform and put the effort in? Or do you think they will bottle it?

I know what he would do.

I hop these signings pay off but i cant see it.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
You really think Morrison would get away with being work shy with Windass being around? unless Morrison wants flooring he'll fucking try as hard as ever if we are down the bottom end of the table.

One thing you can be sure of Is this, City fans dont tolerate slackers.

They will soon know that the fans think of half-hearted performances!

citygirl

Mum ~ Granny Bantam
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Keighley
www.facebook.com
Barmy said:
Nowt like lettin the new players show us all what they can do before slatin 'em..
bearing in mind we are only 3 matches into the friendlies (and won them all) with what is essentially a whole new half a team

give them a chance before judging, ey

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
:mad: Dosn't take long for the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMm merchants to craw out of the woodwork does it,Kinell, give the lads a chance,there was some good passing of the ball at Ferrilby in the first half (you should have gone anthrax).Live footy is good................

May 18, 2005
Finally some sensible posts, thanks Sunwinman and Citygirl. I never go to preseason games these days so cant comment on our progress, but as a rule players will not go that extra yard because they dont want to get an injury. They wont throw their heads into a pack of football boots to get a goal and they wont risk wayward challanges (especially against non league sides).

I really fear for Todd if he doesnt win the first game against Hartlepool because some fans will be calling for his head :(

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
My oh my oh my....

Rip up your season tickets ... Get the garden hoe out...

We win all PRE season games so far and

the managers shite and will be kicked out if the first REAL game is lost

players in are shite even though theyve all scored and are playing their first matches together,

the keepers pants cos hes not cudicini,,

we've got no chance eh FFS.....

City fans are fookin amazing.......

A League match not even started yet and we are doomed....

Oh yes and already its Morrisons fault hahaha....

Its like last season never ended on here....

Id like to think that real football fans will wait until weve actually played some games before writing us off...

I dont expect it from certain sections of city fans, but some wouldnt be fookin happy if Abramovich took over here and brought in the best players in the world...

Makes me laugh every time.....WE're doomed pmsfl..... :mad: :mad:

May 18, 2005
What gets me is we have some real quality this season with:-

Windass
Cooke
Cadamarteri
Bridge-Wilkinson
Morrison
Petta
Wetherall
Bower

So we should really be looking forward to the new season, but some fans are already waving the white flag. I personally cant wait for the new season and think Todd is the man to take us forward regardless of how we do this season.

The problem is the moaners are louder than the people that cheer so they will always be heard first. I for one will remain positive this season right to the last game.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Bantam Of The Opera said:
What gets me is we have some real quality this season with:-

Windass
Cooke
Cadamarteri
Bridge-Wilkinson
Morrison
Petta
Wetherall
Bower

So we should really be looking forward to the new season, but some fans are already waving the white flag. I personally cant wait for the new season and think Todd is the man to take us forward regardless of how we do this season.

The problem is the moaners are louder than the people that cheer so they will always be heard first. I for one will remain positive this season right to the last game.
Well said BOTO lad, agree with you there.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
Those of us who went to Halistan yesterday will have seen something special,Ben Muirhead running down the wing, LOOKING UP aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnddd Crossing the ball yes he did ,he did,,, not once ,no not twice no but THREE times at least, hes been listening to us FFS , :) com on city

Status
Not open for further replies.