Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My views, a little long winded.....Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
Right i didnt post last night because i was a little drunk and i didnt want to do a Jimmy style outburst.;):D

Yesterdays game was just about as bad as it gets, no shape, no passion and NO CHANCE. We looked lost and didnt have a clue how to beat them. Rotherham were a poor side but we made them look like world beaters, they had more tempo, more passion and more desire to win. For the first time in my years supporting city it seemed as though there was a real "them versus us" atmosphere between the crowd and the players which really, really worries me. The only player who put effort in for the whole time they were on the pich was Cooke who has a loyal and very, very funny band of fans at the back who were doing numerous versions of the Cooke song until he was substituted. When he was taken of I laughed very loud actually and as Thorney says we got the ..."you dont know what your doing chant.."

Windass, Schumacher, Muirhead and (sadly) Edghill were very, very poor and to be fair the rest were not much better. Im not going to give ratings as im so pissed off at the moment but i shall make comments:-

Howarth - He just seems scared to be playing and every error he makes seems to cost us. Hes not the worst keeper we have ever had but i fear for his career if his luck keeps going this way.

Edghill - A player i really rate but to say he had an off day was a real understatement. One bad game doesnt make a bad player so no complaints from me.

Taylor - Did nothing wrong and got the MOM, to be fair there wasnt much to chose from.

Wethers and Bower - Didnt do too much wrong

Muirhead -
If you are going to slag the fans off you should really put in a performance that gives you the right to do so. Not good enough and to be fair it hasnt been for a while.

Schumacher -
I know im going to get grief from some people but, i would have Lee Crooks in my team ahead of Schumacher on this season performances. I can count on one hand the number of good games ive seen from the blue eyed boy this season.

MBW - One of the worst performances we have seen from him, and he hasnt come back from injury the same player. I just hopr he gets back to his best.

Cadamarteri -
There is no doubt this player has the talent, but he switches it on and off more time sin a game than any other player i have seen. Im not his biggest fan but i thought he did ok against Rotherham, but only ok.

Cooke -
Hes becoming a bit of a cult figure with City, one of our better players, yes he doesnt score many but neither does Windass or Cadamarteri. Hes one of my favourite players and it was far from his best performances but he was head and shoulders over Windass.

Windass - Tut. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha hes faking injury again, DEANO, DEANO DEANO. Hes been poor since the Wigan transfer move pure and simple. He should have been taken off but as soon as he scored the penalty i knew he wouldnt be.

Emanuel - Did nothing wrong and at least tried.

Claridge - I have nothing against him but the game just went out without afight after we took Cooke off.

Todd -
He has lost the plot. Early season he did well and i was a Todd-ite but after his comments to the press ie... "i dont see why i should change the system"... ..."The fans should get off Cookes back":confused:....(then drops him) ..."Its all the fans fault"...

I think its time for him to go but i really fear who we would get in to replace him, so perhaps its better the devil you know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the over all feeling from the club that we as fans are not wanted right from board level down and In my opinion that is the beginning of the end for Bradford City. We need to get lots of things sorted out ie.

Improving the atmosphere
Get rid of the dead wood on the board and in the team
Sort the youth out, we have some little gems that wont ever get used.
Sort out the home form.

I could go on but i wont as this message is already too long and id wager not many people will read it.

Im not going to say sorry to Jimmy as i never slagged him off for his views but i admit i was wrong about Todd. I dont think he will take us down but he is ripping the heart out of Bradford City and thats one thing we have always relied on.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
well said , it's a great pity CT seems to have JR jumping through hoops - what has he done to deserve this affection ?
The rest of the board leave me cold as well , not prepared to put a penny into the club ( according to gossip pls note ! ) .
There is a "them and us" bridge between the players and the fans , and that in the main is down to CT and some of the senior pro's.
I've lost the anticipation feeling a home game always used to bring ( even in the darkest NL having to play kids period - at least they used to give their all ).

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
Not long-winded at all. It's fine to read opinions which are not overblown by wild exaggeration and ranting.

I've only seen 3 games this season and 2 of them were poor, Bournemouth home and Blackpool away. Southend away started off very well and ended up as well as could be expected. But why can't they consistently play as well as they are capable, both collectively and individually? It's a real mystery.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
very well put BOP. I commented on the anticipation factor in another thread. Plus the 100% effort by players that put on the claret and amber. Personally, I have not seen EVER fans against players at VP. However, I think you are right. The players are wheeled out every week to support the Manager; when clearly he does not deserve publicly supporting. This is damaging the relationship between the team and fans, and should stop immediately, if Todd wants support from the fans he can bloody well earn it; stop being so stubburn, listen to advice and constructive critisim and not look for a scapegoat at every turn. Yes we know there is alot wrong with our club at the moment, but such is our precarious financial situation we cannot do a great deal about that. However, that is no excuse to do what you like both on and off the pitch without censor.......

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Right i didnt post last night because i was a little drunk and i didnt want to do a Jimmy style outburst.

Yesterdays game was just about as bad as it gets, no shape, no passion and NO CHANCE. We looked lost and didnt have a clue how to beat them. Rotherham were a poor side but we made them look like world beaters, they had more tempo, more passion and more desire to win. For the first time in my years supporting city it seemed as though there was a real "them versus us" atmosphere between the crowd and the players which really, really worries me. The only player who put effort in for the whole time they were on the pich was Cooke who has a loyal and very, very funny band of fans at the back who were doing numerous versions of the Cooke song until he was substituted. When he was taken of I laughed very loud actually and as Thorney says we got the ..."you dont know what your doing chant.."

Windass, Schumacher, Muirhead and (sadly) Edghill were very, very poor and to be fair the rest were not much better. Im not going to give ratings as im so pissed off at the moment but i shall make comments:-

Howarth - He just seems scared to be playing and every error he makes seems to cost us. Hes not the worst keeper we have ever had but i fear for his career if his luck keeps going this way.

Edghill - A player i really rate but to say he had an off day was a real understatement. One bad game doesnt make a bad player so no complaints from me.

Taylor - Did nothing wrong and got the MOM, to be fair there wasnt much to chose from.

Wethers and Bower - Didnt do too much wrong

Muirhead -If you are going to slag the fans off you should really put in a performance that gives you the right to do so. Not good enough and to be fair it hasnt been for a while.

Schumacher - I know im going to get grief from some people but, i would have Lee Crooks in my team of Schumacher on this season performances. I can count on one hand the number of good games ive seen from the blue eyed boy this season.

MBW - One of the worst performances we have seen from him, and he hasnt come back from injury the same player. I just hopr he gets back to his best.

Cadamarteri - There is no doubt this player has the talent, but he switches it on and off more time sin a game than any other player i have seen. Im not his biggest fan but i thought he did ok against Rotherham, but only ok.

Cooke - Hes becoming a bit of a cult figure with City, one of our better players, yes he doesnt score many but neither does Windass or Cadamarteri. Hes one of my favourite players and it was far from his best performances but he was head and shoulders over Windass.

Windass - Tut. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha hes faking injury again, DEANO, DEANO DEANO. Hes been poor since the Wigan transfer move pure and simple. He should have been taken off but as soon as he scored the penalty i knew he wouldnt be.

Emanuel - Did nothing wrong and at least tried.

Claridge - I have nothing against him but the game just went out without afight after we took Cooke off.

Todd - He has lost the plot. Early season he did well and i was a Todd-ite but after his comments to the press ie... "i dont see why i should change the system"... ..."The fans should get off Cookes back"....(then drops him) ..."Its all the fans fault"...

I think its time for him to go but i really fear who we would get in to replace him, so perhaps its better the devil you know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the over all feeling from the club that we as fans are not wanted right from board level down and In my opinion that is the beginning of the end for Bradford City. We need to get lots of things sorted out ie.

Improving the atmosphere
Get rid of the dead wood on the board and in the team
Sort the youth out, we have some little gems that wont ever get used.
Sort out the home form.

I could go on but i wont as this message is already too long and id wager not many people will read it.

Im not going to say sorry to Jimmy as i never slagged him off for his views but i admit i was wrong about Todd. I dont think he will take us down but he is ripping the heart out of Bradford City and thats one thing we have always relied on.

clap, clap, clap...100% right

Yesterday was dire and really i'm thinking of missing the next few games for the first time in years

Todd is getting to the dizzy heights of NL...we need to throw him out

i'm sure if the fan pressure increases and we continue to voice our feelings JR will listern

if he doesn't the there will be a big hole in his pocket :(

G
Well from what Rhodes has said in the article on the official website Todd is here for at least this season. He talks about bringing in one or two players in January and if not then at the end of the season.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Well from what Rhodes has said in the article on the official website Todd is here for at least this season. He talks about bringing in one or two players in January and if not then at the end of the season.
F U C K - We are ruined

G
Most of our players are out of contract in the summer as well so we are looking at the prospect of Colin Todd building his own squad from scratch-were doomed!

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
I have this feeling that there is something not right at VP ---
Manager -- Players -- Board -- Fans, you cant make even a one happy pair out of these 4 items

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Very well written article BOTO,im glad you waited while you were sober.If it had been me id have been banned after going loopy over what i witnessed yesterday,but fortunatly i was sober.

Lofty

Bloody good shot sir!
C&B Member
Dec 1, 2005
Huddersfield
Quality post that! Hit the nail on the head! (Shame it wasn't Colin's head:D !!)

I went with £38.50 in me back burner planning on getting tickets for Oldham & Scunny but came back with £38.50 after watching that shower!! :mad:

I think I'll wine and dine the missus instead. I'll get me money's worth and score more than City.......wayhay!! :D

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well there you go then, he has had the dreaded vote of confidence from the chairman................we lose on Tuesday and he is gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.