Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New 25 year proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
I think most on here will already know the contents of the revised proposal so im not typing it all out on here. All 25 yearers recieved a letter saying that as the proposal was accepted by a ratio of 5:1 they would now implement this proposal starting next year.

The ins and outs of this could be debated long and hard (as it already has been) although im not sure it would in any way be productive. I was one of those who accetped the proposal as i feel it was neccessary to bring an end to this issue to help the club move forward. However, i also understand why those who chose not to accept did not and understand how aggrieved they are.

Hopefully most 25 yearers will continue to support the club and put all their efforts into getting behind the team rather than continuing to critisise on these boards or through the press. Although i know of at least one that has vowed never to return, i hope this person will be in the minority and our hardcore fan base is not reduced even further.

My only hope is that the club has learnt valuble lessons from this debacle and can now move forward whilst not alienating anymore supporters as has been happening slowly now for the last 5 or 6 years. The important issue for most is that the club can flourish and prosper but this cannot be allowed to happen at the expense of the paying customer. Mistakes have been made and whilst most can accept this, these mistakes must now be learnt from and not allowed to be repeated other wise the demise of our great club could be closer than we think. :( :(

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Havnt you heard? Club are going to start selling 10 year S/Ts for 1500

May 20, 2005
The minute anyone accepts any proposal for these 25 Year Tickets other than getting what they originally paid for, it makes it open season for even more strokes to be pulled on the less gullible punter by the crooks in our boardroom!

At the end of the day, given the clandestine and behind closed doors way that the eventual outcome of to what happens to these tickets has been conducted, I'm sure anybody woanting to get their 25 years in full would have a reasonable right to challenge the club in the courts. I would, If theres a shortfall in money at the club, why not ask Jim Fucking Brown to put something in rather than going back to the mug fans for even more money for something they have ALREADY paid for!!??

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Chuckle,

Your rants at the board don't ever change do they? I think your in the minority here Chuckle since only 1 in 5 agree with you. Everytime your voicing your opinion on the subject your having a dig at all those who worked hard during the summer of hell that saw us go within 10 minutes of being shut down, saying everyone who put money in the coffers are mugs, hope you include yourself in that bracket as i'm sure you dipped your hand in your pocket a few times.

The club is going to have a £1 million shortfall this year, maybe due to some mistakes made a boardroom level, although it's also been acknowledged by Kroll that this year was going to fall short. Who's paying that £1 million? the same man who paid £950,000 to buy the club back from the administrators. Not me, Not you, Not BCST, Not BCISC but Julian Rhodes. He's investing his own money again.

Julian owns the club, he pay's the wages, he pay's the accountants, he pay's the clubs internet bills, he's sole owner and has the final say on anything finiancing. Sure the board meet and discuss things but do you really think the person your really having a dig at here is going to get one over on some very knowledgeable businessmen who are putting there professional reputation on the line?

Time to get of Jim Brown's back until he does something wrong, he's done naff all wrong and like all typical City fans your predicting the worst before it even happens.

May 20, 2005
Ed said:
Chuckle,

Your rants at the board don't ever change do they? I think your in the minority here Chuckle since only 1 in 5 agree with you. Everytime your voicing your opinion on the subject your having a dig at all those who worked hard during the summer of hell that saw us go within 10 minutes of being shut down, saying everyone who put money in the coffers are mugs, hope you include yourself in that bracket as i'm sure you dipped your hand in your pocket a few times.

The club is going to have a £1 million shortfall this year, maybe due to some mistakes made a boardroom level, although it's also been acknowledged by Kroll that this year was going to fall short. Who's paying that £1 million? the same man who paid £950,000 to buy the club back from the administrators. Not me, Not you, Not BCST, Not BCISC but Julian Rhodes. He's investing his own money again.

Julian owns the club, he pay's the wages, he pay's the accountants, he pay's the clubs internet bills, he's sole owner and has the final say on anything finiancing. Sure the board meet and discuss things but do you really think the person your really having a dig at here is going to get one over on some very knowledgeable businessmen who are putting there professional reputation on the line?

Time to get of Jim Brown's back until he does something wrong, he's done naff all wrong and like all typical City fans your predicting the worst before it even happens.
If you don't like what my "rants" say ed, pull the plug, it's your baby after all. But once more the willingness by City fans like yourself to roll over and have your belly tickled in the name of Bradford City F.C highlights a treat exactly what I am saying. You actually confirm everything I say in your response. There is going to be a million quid shortfall?? Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, who knows? But like you say that WILL be down to mistakes made at boardroom level, so it is only fair that the boardroom make up the shortfall. I would never ever question Julian Rhodes' committment to BCFC as a fan etc, but would and always will question his competence at running a football club. If he wants to make up any shortfall up from money from the fans, he and his cronies should be doing something to make the club more attractive to fans (such as myself) to make them come to the games. That requires a bit of thought, acumen and hard work, which since the formation of this board of directors, has not been exercised, in favour of just going back and sponging more from those who already come and quite rightly, as attendances will confirm, people have began to have enough. I ask again, where is the track record of football successin our boardroom?? There is not one person sits there with anything other than reputations for bumbling and buffoonery to downright dishonesty.

Ask yourself this, why is Julian stumping up more brass when he isn't the only so called board member at VP? I'd bet anything that there are people with more personal wealth than Julian sitting on that board than Rhodes, where is their financial input towards moving the club forward??? Then there is the bigger picture of Jim Brown's reputation, if I was an outsider looking to invest, then a vice chairman who's whole tenure at Halifax Town was marred by accusations of alleged wholesale fraud and confidence tricks, I'd run a mile. So would anyone with common sense.

If you want to carry on supporting football team just scratching away in the lower divisions waiting for it's inevitable demise, then carry on giving your backing to and bending over to these clowns, but don't look to blame and criticise those that chose to have too much dignity to do so.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I'm not going to pull the plug on anyone, unless you want me to?

I'm debating with you, your tune towards the current board never changes even when the board put the decision in the hands of the fans on this one, The fans could of easily voted no meaning they would need to go back and re-think. The majority of fans said yes because they realise it's the best deal for the club and themselves.

I like all other fans would prefer us to be playing against Man Utd and Arsenal rather than Colchester and Brentford. But i've a club to support and shall do no matter what division they are in.

Your right, They may have more money than Rhodes, but he owns 100% of the club so he has to foot the bill on his own.

May 20, 2005
Ed said:
I'm not going to pull the plug on anyone, unless you want me to?

I'm debating with you, your tune towards the current board never changes even when the board put the decision in the hands of the fans on this one, The fans could of easily voted no meaning they would need to go back and re-think. The majority of fans said yes because they realise it's the best deal for the club and themselves.

I like all other fans would prefer us to be playing against Man Utd and Arsenal rather than Colchester and Brentford. But i've a club to support and shall do no matter what division they are in.

Your right, They may have more money than Rhodes, but he owns 100% of the club so he has to foot the bill on his own.
If any 25 year season ticket holder actually had a say as to who sat on the comittee negotiating on their behalf over the tickets, has a contact email, phone number or even knows the fecking names of the members, then yes, you can say that the fans have decided on this. But they are being forced into a corner by people they know feck all about and with more emotional blackmail from Rhodes and Co ringing in their ears. Like is constantly pointed out, they could just pull the plug, but given Rhodes was in on the deal when the tickets were issued, he has an obligation to honour them and if that costs the club a few qyuid, he should ask his cronies to invest or tell em to fuck off!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
For what it's worth I put the proposal straight into the bin as I knew the desision had already been made whatever anyone voted.

No matter what they say about a majority accepting the proposal, the acid test will come when when season tickets go on sale next season.

There will be 23 other places to watch Bradford City next season and you'll probably get better value for money to.

Status
Not open for further replies.