Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Left back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
Thats right BB,not since Andy O'Brien has this club really given a chance to a youngster. Maybe Lewis Emmanuel got his chance early but he's not progressed like he should have.
We'll never know now if the Forrest's Sanasy's etc of this club would have made it at a young age, we allow them a game or two then say they 're one for the future then sign a replacement for them.
Surely our youth set up can't be that bad can it???

cibasteve

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
www.theshippers.co.uk
Well lets hope so, I remember doing so well in the mid 80's with players of a very young age blended with experience.
Although a lot of these lads were brought in from clubs who had released them it shows what youngsters can do.
Remember the ones, Chris Withe, young Peter Jackson, Abbo, Singleton, Hendrie, McCall all lay the foundations for promotion to the old 2nd division and almost contributed to promotion to the old 1st division .

G

From a Middlesborough fan.

"Hasn't played a first team game yet as far as I know but is an England under-20 international and played in the Youth Cup winning team. He's supposed to have a lot of potential. I think he missed most of last season due to a serious injury."

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
left back

Is it Taylor? I thought from a post cannot recall which MB or name of player -that a young sunderland left back was in the frame - and he has played a few games for their first team - can also play central defender. He sounded the better option to me.

Why bring taylor in over our youngster - if he has no first team experience - I agree - blood Richardson especially if we are having to pay some of Taylors wages.

I would rather see the wages going towards briinging in a target man with some height - if their is one available.

G

I asked a Sunderland fan about Danny Collins from Sunderland who you are on about and he said I doubt we'd be getting him. He played a bit for them last season and he sees him as part of their squad

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
From Sky Sports:

Bradford City are aiming to sign a left back, with Middlesbrough teenager Andrew Taylor believed to be the prime target.

Bantams boss Colin Todd has confirmed his intention to bolster his ranks with a new signing and is aiming to bring in a Premiership defender on a season-long loan.

Reports suggest that England youth international Taylor is the prime contender to fulfil Todd's transfer wish.

Todd is due to discuss the deal on Monday with the player's club and he is hoping he receives a positive response.

"I know the player wants to come," Todd told the Telegraph & Argus.

"He is not experienced but he's been on the fringe of the team and he comes highly recommended.

"I'll be talking to his manager on Monday when hopefully we will be able to progress it."

Taylor has yet to make his debut for Middlesbrough but was rewarded with a new contract by manager Steve McClaren in March.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
Hopefully the lad is good. I think CT is putting a good squad together, hopefully we can move up a league, the team we have now have got to be looking at a top place in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.