Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New signings to be made in January...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
According to the Chairmans programme article from the Pools game if we are not looking like we are in a position to challenge for promotion we will sign some new players in the January transfer window.

For the love of god Todd, don't spend the chairmans money he is putting in the wage budget on a pile of crap.

By the sounds of it folks whilst Julian will be sitting down to discuss where we stand nothing short of a 7 game losing run will put the managers job in jeapordy.

After realising he probably isnt going anytime soon i am tempted to back him, jeering and booing will not speed up his dismissal as it seems Julian is determined to keep a manager for at least 2 years for once.

IMO we have no chance of going on a 7 game losing run, its always up and down with Todd, a couple of games lost and then a few won, i think all we can do is sit tight and hope he brings in some quality players in during the January transfer window to get us some form whilst at the same time hoping we are not out of the promotion race by then.

IMO a win against Barnsley and Bristol and a draw at Southend will make everything seem rosy again.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
get neil cooper in, sack the unmotivator

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Bristol cant wait to play us! there long losing streak will finally come to an end!
aye, its the most obvious result ever. We are bradford lets let you win because you are on a loosing streak city remember. Hopefully it will mean todds departure!

Nov 14, 2005
Leeds
Ive heard today that City are in talks with Jason St'Juste. He's one of these Football de Saloa players that Simon clifford brings up. He used to play for my local teram at Garforth and apparently we've held talks about him as Harry Redknapp has put him on a free at Southampton.

Hes an attacking midfielder with a keen eye for goal:eek:

G
IMO he wouldnt be a bad signing, played in league 2 for Darlington before being snapped up by Southampton, believe he's played for Leeds at some point as well. Still very young i think.

What i think we really need though is a quality winger and a big targetman, Marc Bridge Wilkinson operates best when he is in the center and we have no consistent wingers at the moment, Ben Muirhead, Bobby Petta, Lewis Emanuel and Owen Morrison always have one good game and then one bad one. We need someone who performs consistently AND can cross the ball well, ideally able to beat and take on players also.

A targetman because IMO the partnerships between Cadders/Windass, Claridge/Windass do not work and the Cooke/Windass partnership is only moderately succesfull. Now what we need is another Adebola.

People made a joke of it when people like me were jabbering on about us needing a targetman in the pre-season and i still believe we wont make the playoffs without one.

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Dbantx said:
A targetman because IMO the partnerships between Cadders/Windass, Claridge/Windass do not work and the Cooke/Windass partnership is only moderately succesfull. Now what we need is another Adebola.

People made a joke of it when people like me were jabbering on about us needing a targetman in the pre-season and i still believe we wont make the playoffs without one.
What about Michael Symes? Can't he operate as a target man once he's fit? We are not going to sign yet another striker when we already have dozens at the club already.
Windass / Claridge / Cooke / Forrest / Sanasy / Symes / Cadders / Brown: how many strikers does a club of our size need?

No, if we are going to bring anyone in in January it certainly isn't going to be a striker.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I reckon we'll see the side of Symes that Todd saw in him after christmas because he'll be playing for a new contract.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Dbantx said:
IMO he wouldnt be a bad signing, played in league 2 for Darlington before being snapped up by Southampton, believe he's played for Leeds at some point as well. Still very young i think.

What i think we really need though is a quality winger and a big targetman, Marc Bridge Wilkinson operates best when he is in the center and we have no consistent wingers at the moment, Ben Muirhead, Bobby Petta, Lewis Emanuel and Owen Morrison always have one good game and then one bad one. We need someone who performs consistently AND can cross the ball well, ideally able to beat and take on players also.

My priority would be a "good" central midfielder who can dominate a game - get from box to box, tackle and the odd goals ( a bonus being a good header of the ball) before the areas you mention. We have been sadly lacking in this area for some time. The ones we play there only do not offer this andthere strengths are limited to one or two aspects of what should be in a midfieldrs arsenal.

A tall target man who can cause problems in the air from set pieces, hold it up during play and get flick ons is also required.

A central defender who can play right back as loyalish said on the CG site - why not Simon Francis?

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
notic when we have our only player resembling a target man, andy cooke, deano was scoring...get the fans favourite back in, with cadders as an impact player oft bench, and claridge back down south somewhere (i.e. release him he's garbage)

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
the calverley bantam said:
notic when we have our only player resembling a target man, andy cooke, deano was scoring...get the fans favourite back in, with cadders as an impact player oft bench
Agree with you there calverley. We played the better football when Cooke has been in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.