Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nice for some eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
HAPPY TO RETIRE
Striker Ward has cost more than £8.5m in transfer fees in a career that has seen him play more than 350 games.

But towards the end of last season Sheffield United told him they would not be renewing his contract.

Ward has struggled with injuries over the last couple of seasons and the Manchester-born striker is unsure he will play again.

What I won't miss is injury, I have had quite a few over the last two to three seasons

"I have fully recovered from injury and think I am capable of playing for another two to three seasons," Ward told BBC Sport.

"A few enquiries have come in but unless I get an offer that really suits me by the end of July, I don't think I will be playing next season."

If he has played his last game, Ward is in no doubt what he will miss the most in retirement.

"Playing games, running out in a full stadium and scoring in front of a packed end.

"There's also the camaraderie, being with 30 lads roughly your same age, spending so much time with your peers.

"If I do retire it certainly wasn't the final season that I would have chosen. I would liked to have played more; it has been very frustrating.

"What I won't miss is injury, I have had quite a few over the last two to three seasons.

"All the lads leave training and you have to stay around until three or four o'clock working on your own. It can be frustrating and does not help motivation."

Unlike many other professionals Ward can at least look forward to a busy future as for the last three years he has combined his playing career with running a property business.

"If I do retire it will probably mean less work. And if last season does prove to be my last I can reflect on a good career."

But according to reports in the nort-west ward could be lining up against us in the carling cup for rochdale, nice to know he's finally found his niche !!

May 20, 2005
Reading that report, you can see the Arrogant Tosser cannot understand WHY nobody wants him!

Ashley....IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE SHITE!! ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE..JUST FECK OFF TO YOUR NEW LIFE AS WAYNE ROONEYS BAGMAN AND WE CAN TRY FORGET THE DISGRACE YOU BOUGHT TO YOUR CITY SHIRT!!!

Ahhhh Rant Over!

G

we should snap him up on a deal where he gets paid for every game he plays In - who was the mad one who waved the £18k week contract at him and paid Blackburn £1.5m as well ? , he'd be a revelation at this level - all the pasty faced opponents would be In awe of his bronzed physique. :D

May 20, 2005
beerbantam said:
Couldnt agree more he could score a shed load in this division if fully fit!!
He also owns the largest collection of male handbags in the uk!!

He wouldn't score a shedload at this or any level....have you forgotten how shit he was when he was here??

Status
Not open for further replies.