Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

Nicky Summerbee

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2005
109
0
1,000
#3
Ive got a feeling we are going to miss Nicky next year, he was lazy at times, and looked like he couldnt be arsed, but when you think about the amount of goals that came from his crosses and free kicks, we havent really got a player with the same amount of quality on his crosses anymore, maybe Bridge Wilkinson but thats about it.
Hope im proved wrong.
 
G
#4
I disagree that we will miss him... not that i doubted his contribution last season in terms of assists but he doesn't work back well and we have better midfielders now...I would really like to see BMW down the wing, or help muirhead get better as a player.
 
#5
boyracingbantam said:
I disagree that we will miss him... not that i doubted his contribution last season in terms of assists but he doesn't work back well and we have better midfielders now...I would really like to see BMW down the wing, or help muirhead get better as a player.
Sorry mate, cant agree with what you said about NS not tracking back.
Most of the season he was covering Holloways ar/se at Right back!

Game that sticks in my mind was Port Vale away, they mullered us in the 1st 40 mins & Summerbee was virtually playing RB while Holloway was playing more central than Wetherall!

We WILL miss his assists, especially Deano, but hopefully the likes of BMW, Morrison & Muirhead will chip in with their fair share of assists!
 
#6
BobMolenaarForever! said:
Ive got a feeling we are going to miss Nicky next year, he was lazy at times, and looked like he couldnt be arsed, but when you think about the amount of goals that came from his crosses and free kicks, we havent really got a player with the same amount of quality on his crosses anymore, maybe Bridge Wilkinson but thats about it.
Hope im proved wrong.
Your spot on there BMF!
 

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
3,974
0
1,000
35
Leicester
#7
BobMolenaarForever! said:
Ive got a feeling we are going to miss Nicky next year, he was lazy at times, and looked like he couldnt be arsed, but when you think about the amount of goals that came from his crosses and free kicks, we havent really got a player with the same amount of quality on his crosses anymore, maybe Bridge Wilkinson but thats about it.
Hope im proved wrong.
Aye, would agree with all that.
 
May 24, 2005
109
0
1,000
#8
Parrot said:
Sorry mate, cant agree with what you said about NS not tracking back.
Most of the season he was covering Holloways ar/se at Right back!

Game that sticks in my mind was Port Vale away, they mullered us in the 1st 40 mins & Summerbee was virtually playing RB while Holloway was playing more central than Wetherall!

We WILL miss his assists, especially Deano, but hopefully the likes of BMW, Morrison & Muirhead will chip in with their fair share of assists!
100% agree with the comment about tracking back, Summerbee also used to constantly cover for the awful Atherton when he went walkies! And then people wondered why he wasnt attacking...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.