Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[ NOMINATE ] the worst city player ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jari Valhalla, I reckon CK got duped by some agent who said he was a footballer when infact he was a Norwegian fisherman from Molde!:D

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Etiene Verveer - Bradford answer to Ali Dia, if you don't know who Ali Dia is, he's the student who conned Southampton into playing him in a first team game in the Premiership.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
I was going to say Gareth Grant, but at the end of the day he was a young local lad that was sadly found wanting at the highest level. So instead I'll go for Andy Tod.

Brian Clough once said of Gary Megson that he couldn't trap a medicine ball. I doubt whether poor old Andy 'The hand of' Tod could have trapped a stationary breaking ball on a demolition site. He was pish with a capital 'P'. No skill, no pace, and with the turning circle of a double decker bus, he was sometimes thrown upfront as a last resort. Which sometimes worked, usually because the opposing centre half had suffered a momentarily lapse in concentration as he tried to stuff his intestines back in after his sides had split.

His nickname came about after a game at Rotherham. 1-0 up with seconds remaining Rotherham had a corner, and under no pressure whatsoever Andy decided to clear the ball, with his outstretched arm!

He later claimed there were mitigating circumstances, which were that he'd seen his long lost twin brother in the crowd and was simply trying to get his attention by waving to him. It was later discovered that the long lost twin brother was in fact a plank of wood leant against a wall.

May 22, 2005
Nicky Mohan.He was a total waste of space.His defensive clearences went to the other side more often than not,and usually ended in a goal to the opposition.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Jorge cadete, was loads of hype about this guy - he was woefully crap when he played...

or

...Jari Valhalla - same reasons as parrot!

G
I think people are far too harsh on Andy Tod. He scored a good few goals for us, some of which were quite good. For one i thought he was very good at heading the ball...i'll always remember the 3-3 home draw against Wimbledon, Andy Tod heading the ball down onto the line so it bounced up into the net to equalise.

That and he could be played anywhere on the field :D

Costello

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Darren Morgan for me.

BTW I thought Nicky Mohan had an excellent first season - and I think he may have won one or two of the supporters club branches POTS awards - but his confidence took a battering early in the 96/97 season, and his form just nose dived after that.

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
A choice of one of three, strangley enough all signed by docherty. DARREN TREACY,DARREN MORGAN,WES REID, All vastly over rated and all of em no taller than the mascot of the club of that day

Johnny Yen

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
A massive challenge to moninate the worst player at VP, there's been many that just weren't good enough, and that is the fault of the manager and club not the player, if the player tries his best how can you have a go at him.

However, I'm thinking of a player that came with a reputation, with a big signing on fee and did nothing. He did have talent, a huge talent, he wasn't at the end of his career and should have been looking at getting back in the big-time.

Unfortunately, he'd lined his pockets at the clubs he'd played at and was content picking up very innocolous injuries and yellow cards for suspensions so he could get off to Portugal playing golf.

A waste of cash and a waste of talent

I give you Ashley Ward

( slightly redeemed himself in accepting the CVA at the 11th hour)

Status
Not open for further replies.