Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Matchday Northampton next

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
An' you think we have a 'world beating squad' to call upon. Not this week, we don't. Your view may not be embarrassing, but very naive.
But why should the atmosphere be flat? we're going well this season and need to push on! just because we haven't made a signing in the first 9 days and our 2nd choice RB has gone to be first choice somewhere else...

You're going on like were' 12 points from safety and a defeat tomorrow would see us in league 2!

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
But why should the atmosphere be flat? we're going well this season and need to push on! just because we haven't made a signing in the first 9 days and our 2nd choice RB has gone to be first choice somewhere else...

You're going on like were' 12 points from safety and a defeat tomorrow would see us in league 2!
Not at HOME we aint, P B. THAT is very much our Achilles at the moment.

Ashton

C&B Full Member
May 22, 2017
Huddersfield
Going on about how the atmosphere is going to be so flat, that if we come under pressure we're going to fold like a cheap suit!
That was only one comment, so I wouldn't pigeon-hole the rest of the commenters on here the same. We're always going to get one or two doom and gloomers. I'm fairly optimistic about our season, but won't be naive enough to think we're guaranteed promotion (which is the benchmark).

The state is this. We're 5th, 8 points safe in the play-off spots. However, we can't be naive to think that we're comfortable. Teams are strengthening and we need to too. It's irritating that teams around us can swoop in, not only for our targets, but also our current players (even if only on loan), especially when we're already thin on the ground. I'll reserve my judgment until 1 Feb and 5 May respectively - but you have to see both sides of the arguments.

P.S. 5th or not, the atmosphere has already been flat on a couple of occasions this season.

Last edited:

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
Not at HOME we aint, P B. THAT is very much our Achilles at the moment.
Well Saturday is a chance to put that right against a poor team.. go out with confidence and let that confidence come from the stands!!

Sick of the doom and gloom over nothing!!! Forget transfers or lack of just get in the stands and lose your voices!!!

Last edited:

Heaton Bantam

quite frankly my dear, i dont give a damn
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
Forget Yeovil .................... For She has been and now gone.

Northampton ............

They have LOST their last four away games, scoring only twice, but conceding thirteen. Yes 2 - 13. So a Joke fixture, huh ?

The sooner City learn and become mentally strong, the better. For this is exactly the kind of HOME game where we can screw up again.
It's pointless having 30+ shots if not one hits the back of the net. Yes, it's exciting - but with NO result.

And let's not have a go at Charlie Wyke, here !! Some have criticised him of late.
IF Charlie were to score from every opportunity, then we'd be looking at a 60+ goal per season striker. It ain't happnin' !!
I'm just glad so many players get in positions to have a strike. Yeah, it could be better, but players need to be smarter to achieve that - be it crossing, or scoring.

Northampton will NOT be easy ............ They are hard to break down - Just what City HATE.
So be warned now, Stuart McCall - I have alerted you, so no excuses.

A cautious 2 - 1 for me.
Hard to break down and then seemingly capitulate once broken. AN early goal and they could be done for. That said they have a few good players and I'd take both Crooks and Pierre from them.

Heaton Bantam

C&B Member
May 19, 2013
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
McCall and players will still be feeling sorry for themselves over the Yeovil game... 3-0 Northampton and our numpty fans will applaud the players at full time... :rolleyes:
Either you are an absolute master of sarcasm or you are a 100% doom mongerer.

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Hard to break down and then seemingly capitulate once broken. AN early goal and they could be done for. That said they have a few good players and I'd take both Crooks and Pierre from them.
The clubs that break them down have more nous than City. We can attack all day long - but in the final third we just HAVE to take one touch too many - chance reduced or gone. That possibly explains why we have over a dozen clear cut chances per game, but lucky if we score just once. :)

Heaton Bantam

C&B Member
May 19, 2013
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
The clubs that break them down have more nous than City. We can attack all day long - but in the final third we just HAVE to take one touch too many - chance reduced or gone. That possibly explains why we have over a dozen clear cut chances per game, but lucky if we score just once. :)
26 games in and we have only failed to win one match that we have been 2/0 up in. I'm not worried about the cobblers, and early goal will sort this

Boosh

Currently hooked on a feeling, high on believing.
C&B Member
Dec 27, 2013
Shipley...
This board is boring. Its the same thing on repeat. People that are accused of being doom and gloom merchants or people that are accused of being happy clappers.

I'm going to fit into a 3rd group. The absolutely ridiculous. I reckon it will be a 5 all draw and both managers will be sent to the stands for a physical altercation involving a water bottle.

SheffieldB

C&B Member
Jul 25, 2015
Sheffield

Northampton ............

They have LOST their last four away games, scoring only twice, but conceding thirteen. Yes 2 - 13. So a Joke fixture, huh ?

The sooner City learn and become mentally strong, the better. For this is exactly the kind of HOME game where we can screw up again.
It's pointless having 30+ shots if not one hits the back of the net. Yes, it's exciting - but with NO result.

And let's not have a go at Charlie Wyke, here !! Some have criticised him of late.
IF Charlie were to score from every opportunity, then we'd be looking at a 60+ goal per season striker. It ain't happnin' !!
I'm just glad so many players get in positions to have a strike. Yeah, it could be better, but players need to be smarter to achieve that - be it crossing, or scoring.

Northampton will NOT be easy ............ They are hard to break down - Just what City HATE.

A cautious 2 - 1 for me.
Please stop with all the CAPITALS etc. That was very difficult to read!

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey

Northampton ............

A cautious 2 - 1 for me.
Northampton are hard to break down yet they have shipped 13 goals away from home in their last four match's, maybe Stuart needs to have a word with their last four opposition managers ?, you on the cooking sherry mate ;)

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Northampton are hard to break down yet they have shipped 13 goals away from home in their last four match's, maybe Stuart needs to have a word with their last four opposition managers ?, you on the cooking sherry mate ;)
Yes Dave - Northampton are resilient, and no - not been on the Sherry (Yet ;) ).

Once the oppo suss Northampton out, they collapse like a pack of cards. Yet City have yet to show that nous, hence my concerns. We will see Saturday, which two teams turn up - but not holding my breath, yet. ;)

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
Yes Dave - Northampton are resilient, and no - not been on the Sherry (Yet ;) ).

Once the oppo suss Northampton out, they collapse like a pack of cards. Yet City have yet to show that nous, hence my concerns. We will see Saturday, which two teams turn up - but not holding my breath, yet. ;)
As you know Chris it was just a leg pull, I know it wasn't the cooking sherry as we finished that Old Years Night, but seriously 3 points are a must on Saturday, even if we can't make ground on the likes of Shrewsbury we must try and keep or increase that cushion of 8 points between us and the chasing pack :tup:.