Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Matchday Northampton next

vin weasel

C&B Member
Jun 28, 2012
guiseley
I'm glad Hanson has been given game time. He is young and has better pace than McMahon so can play the role that Stuart wants the full back to do. I can see us going on the attack from the off and being 2 up by half time.
Whether we add to that or have squeaky bum time second half is anybody's guess.

Matt87

C&B Member
May 8, 2016
Bradford
Hoping NKP, Kilgallon and Rouven are fit. Be nice to see Reevsey back in too. Then we just need to make a good start. Too many times this season at home we’ve started far too slowly. It’s not good enough.

If Thompson plays we’ve already lost.

bantam1973

C&B Member
Feb 17, 2016
Bingley
Hoping NKP, Kilgallon and Rouven are fit. Be nice to see Reevsey back in too. Then we just need to make a good start. Too many times this season at home we’ve started far too slowly. It’s not good enough.

If Thompson plays we’ve already lost.
Where are the reinforcements? I fear we could go into the next few games with ONE senior defender and that is Thompson. Not a comforting thought. Northampton have some big buggers none more so than Revell. Set pieces could be a problem.

Yeovil could barely raise a team but responded by signing 4 players. I guess they must have been playing FM18. because apparently it's almost impossible to sign players in real life.

But no doubt the happy clappers aren't worried in the slightest. And perhaps the joyful amateur Lachlan Barr will come in and save the day.

Abbomf

Nov 15, 2010
I'm glad Hanson has been given game time. He is young and has better pace than McMahon so can play the role that Stuart wants the full back to do. I can see us going on the attack from the off and being 2 up by half time.
McMahon is super smart, no way can Hanson (or any rookie) replace him or even come close. Most of the oppo FB's we see hit the line, McMahon is always looking and waiting for a better ball, yes, he gets skinned now and again, but he isa very clever and productive player, probably why Scunny want to buy him and not Hanson.

Aug 14, 2012
Where are the reinforcements? I fear we could go into the next few games with ONE senior defender and that is Thompson. Not a comforting thought. Northampton have some big buggers none more so than Revell. Set pieces could be a problem.

Yeovil could barely raise a team but responded by signing 4 players. I guess they must have been playing FM18. because apparently it's almost impossible to sign players in real life.

But no doubt the happy clappers aren't worried in the slightest. And perhaps the joyful amateur Lachlan Barr will come in and save the day.
Yeovil's situation is massively different, they will have been planning these loans for weeks as they knew that once their summer loans expired they would have to get in more as the squad would be low and that was accelerated even more by injuries leaving them with 9 fit outfield players last monday so they had no choice but to get players in early. They are also targeted lower quality players who will likely have less competition for their signature. We aren't in such a desperate situation and so we can bide our time a bit to make sure we get the right player rather than rushing in and getting someone in for the sake of saying we have got someone in.
We have got bids in for players so we now have to play the waiting game for the other clubs to get back to us or would you rather we send stupid amounts that are way over the top and waste money just so the clubs accept the bids straight away

Bradford Bullmastiff

Bullmastiffs- in good hands, we are adorable
C&B Member
Jan 28, 2009
Bradford
Have you actually seen Hanson play? He’s still very much a work in progress and is not yet ready for 1st team duties.

He may be faster than McMahon, but I’m not sure that’s the be all. If it was, we should be trying to sign the likes of Adam Gemeli....!

Bradford Bullmastiff

C&B Member
Jan 28, 2009
Bradford
You would think we're in a relegation battle!! have you heard yourselves!!

EMBARRASSING!
Look, I applaud you for wanting to stick up for the club and defend it, but stop being so naive.

We haven’t played well, at home, for most of the season. The atmosphere has been a little flat. We constantly struggle against so-called ‘lesser’ sides with poor records. An early goal against our patched up defence and the atmosphere will drop even more.

It isn’t about losing Hendrie to a rival. And it isn’t about the lack of arrivals either. But we do have our own injury problems and are vulnerable againstvteams of this nature.

So stop calling people ‘embarrassing’ for holding views different to yours

Feb 17, 2016
Bingley
Yeovil's situation is massively different, they will have been planning these loans for weeks as they knew that once their summer loans expired they would have to get in more as the squad would be low and that was accelerated even more by injuries leaving them with 9 fit outfield players last monday so they had no choice but to get players in early. They are also targeted lower quality players who will likely have less competition for their signature. We aren't in such a desperate situation and so we can bide our time a bit to make sure we get the right player rather than rushing in and getting someone in for the sake of saying we have got someone in.
We have got bids in for players so we now have to play the waiting game for the other clubs to get back to us or would you rather we send stupid amounts that are way over the top and waste money just so the clubs accept the bids straight away
Nearly our entire defence injured, not to mention 2 keepers, I would call that a desperate situation. We need to get a couple of loans in urgently so we can raise a credible team for the next few games. Or do we just write off these games and slump to mid table while we wait to sign the 'right player'?

Jul 25, 2015
Sheffield
Hard to read my backside. If you struggle with Caps in the written word, then God help you in your travels in life - it's MUCH harder !
Fine, not hard to read. Just painful.

Just hope you don’t write your emails at work in this terrible style.

Also, it was a polite request, no need to be a PRICK.

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
Look, I applaud you for wanting to stick up for the club and defend it, but stop being so naive.

We haven’t played well, at home, for most of the season. The atmosphere has been a little flat. We constantly struggle against so-called ‘lesser’ sides with poor records. An early goal against our patched up defence and the atmosphere will drop even more.

It isn’t about losing Hendrie to a rival. And it isn’t about the lack of arrivals either. But we do have our own injury problems and are vulnerable againstvteams of this nature.

So stop calling people ‘embarrassing’ for holding views different to yours
I remember the days not so long ago that we would concede a goal and the atmosphere would increase!!! As someone has said we appear to have lost that siege mentality under McCall that we had under Parkinson! However The original poster of this comment @rcbantam never mentioned it being due to them scoring first.. just that it's going to be flat and crap and I can't see why it should be!!

Inspector

C&B Member
Aug 26, 2012
I think we all expect a response from the team on Saturday. All parties need to pull together to get through the next few games until reinforcements arrive.

Aug 7, 2012
Leeds
I remember the days not so long ago that we would concede a goal and the atmosphere would increase!!! As someone has said we appear to have lost that siege mentality under McCall that we had under Parkinson! However The original poster of this comment @rcbantam never mentioned it being due to them scoring first.. just that it's going to be flat and crap and I can't see why it should be!!
The atmosphere has been flatter but we haven't had many big moments at home this year. Other than maybe Tyrell Robinson's winner against Rochdale. The Kop does a great job of trying to keep things going but performances at home have been nervy and that translates to the crowd. We need that Charlie Wyke against Swindon kind of moment to trigger that again. I'm hoping that our first comeback win of the season at Fleetwood helps us towards that because thus far this season, if we lose the first goal then it seems a very tall order to get back in the game.

Definitely expecting a response on Saturday. The injuries in the defence and in goal are a worry but we'll see who pulls through to play. Whoever doesn't make it, then their replacements have a point to prove after Yeovil.

Bradford Bullmastiff

C&B Member
Jan 28, 2009
Bradford
Our home form, especially against ‘lesser’ opposition? There will inevitably be a tension amongst the fans and this does affect the atmosphere.

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Fine, not hard to read. Just painful.

Just hope you don’t write your emails at work in this terrible style.

Also, it was a polite request, no need to be a PRICK.
Then please forgive me for questioning a Wordsmith, such as yourself. (Hat undeniably doffed.)
(And I'm sorry - your 'request' was both arrogant and beyond contempt. Who do you think you are ? At least I have a big PRICK and not just a little prick, like you !! Job done, sonny !!)

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Just a shame you didn't 'dislike' the post against me, Clayton :( I'm not the 'above all, and precious one' here.
God forbid the Forum sinks to the level, that the best we can post, is to criticise 'style' or 'lack of grammar', to gain attention.
If folk don't like what, or how I write - fair enough, DON'T READ IT !! NOR COMMENT, I'll only throw it back, but better.

Bigrod

C&B Member
Jul 8, 2013
Up in the hills and far away
I think that if we score first, we will go onto a comfortable victory. However if Northampton score and then park a 'fleet of buses', I think it could be a bleak afternoon.

We need to attack from the outset, and score in the first twenty minutes, hopefully we can go onto get a second before half time.