Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Matchday Northampton next

Offside

If not this season then next
C&B Donator
Feb 12, 2013
cumbria
Pointless Northampton turning up really ,
panic loaned 5 players------ we are championship bound with our squad ,
so just give us the game 5-0 .

Ricc

C&B Full Member
Oct 8, 2007
Shipley
"Taylor is overrated"
"Nobody has impressed more than Law"

A lot you have written is right, but the above 2 comments... WHAT?!? - Next you'll be telling me McMahon can whip in a cross :LOL:

It is all about opinions I guess and I like a debate, but take Taylor out of this side and the flair/creativity/opening teams up has gone. Law has had one good game this season and that is when he played in center midfield as a two (the game escapes me), when he has this roaming role or whatever it is McCall lets him do, it's awful and he can't pick a forward pass or shoot to save his life.

This is nonsense. Law has been excellent for the last couple of months now.

marshy77

C&B Member
Oct 22, 2012
Sounds like with injuries and some illness in the sqaud we may be struggling a little. The starting line up come tomorrow may pick itself.

Rouven
Hanson
Killa
Vincelot/NKP
Robinson
Gilliad
Law
Dieng
Taylor
McCartan
Wyke

fLu

C&B Full Member
Aug 18, 2015
Idle
Make or break for me. We have had a little break, we are suffering in terms of numbers and on paper it's an easy win. If we don't start converting these easy wins in to actual wins then it's scraping playoffs for us.

I am confident that with the rest we have had we will be ready this week. 3-1 city. Wyke / Wyke / Taylor

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Sounds like with injuries and some illness in the sqaud we may be struggling a little. The starting line up come tomorrow may pick itself.

Rouven
Hanson
Killa
Vincelot/NKP
Robinson
Gilliad
Law
Dieng
Taylor
McCartan
Wyke
IF that is our choice - Providing all are match fit, then City should be too strong for Northampton. My concerns would be for having a weak Bench, should an injury or two reoccur. Currently, I'd be happy with a 1 - 0 Win - Job done and minimum risk of further injuries, if we play it out correctly. That will buy us a little more time, as we try to attract recruits next week.

Aug 16, 2013
This is nonsense. Law has been excellent for the last couple of months now.
Banging your head on a brick wall.

Unfortunately Law cannot be praised because a smattering of far-too-loud people insist on screaming their opinion that he's crap, when very, very clearly, he isn't.

Aug 3, 2007
Idle
Banging your head on a brick wall.

Unfortunately Law cannot be praised because a smattering of far-too-loud people insist on screaming their opinion that he's crap, when very, very clearly, he isn't.
There is a bloke in the Bantams Bar area that constantly f's and blinds abuse about Law all throughout every match, no matter how well he may be playing. Dont get it myself. Sure, if a player is having a particularly poor game you may have a go, but to constantly target Law, who has actually been our most consistent midfield player this season in my opinion, with that level of abuse, is quite frankly a disgrace

Dec 6, 2006
Tallinn
www.pudelbaar.ee
IF that is our choice - Providing all are match fit, then City should be too strong for Northampton. My concerns would be for having a weak Bench, should an injury or two reoccur. Currently, I'd be happy with a 1 - 0 Win - Job done and minimum risk of further injuries, if we play it out correctly. That will buy us a little more time, as we try to attract recruits next week.
Go on then....name the bench :)

RonnieBrown

Rhubarb n' custard
C&B Member
Jul 30, 2013
Rotherham
Go on then....name the bench :)
Until we actually know who is genuinely fit - hard to call. But based upon snippets of media detail, even harder still. However, as we can't name a full Bench, I am not expecting many subs, other than injuries. So I guess I'm as much ITK as you or McCall until post 12.00 PM ? ;)

Oct 31, 2010
Bradford
I wonder if Guy will come straight in at right back or wing back. If the latter I can see Vince dropping back to make the third centre back, assuming Dieng is fit enough to start in the middle. Can't see Thompson getting another chance unless we have literally no other choice.

Or Stuart may keep faith with Hanson at right back. He sounds raw, didn't particularly impress me in checkatradefence games I've seen. I'd prefer the wingback option as it also gives Robinson more opportunities to attack down the left.

Decisions!

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey

Rouven
Hanson
Killa
Vincelot/NKP
Robinson
Gilliad
Law
Dieng
Taylor
McCartan
Wyke
I'll take that starting line up, not sure Derby will be happy ;).

Feb 17, 2016
Bingley

Rouven
Hanson
Killa
Vincelot/NKP
Robinson
Gilliad
Law
Dieng
Taylor
McCartan
Wyke
Looks a bit top heavy for me but like you say we don't have many options :unsure:

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
3 points today would be massive considering the fixtures at the top end of the league
Dont disagree @ilovecity but for me the 3 points are more important to keep that buffer between us and 7th place, if we can also reduce the gap between us and Shrewsbury that would be a bonus.