Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Oldham, the team to watch next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
IMO anyway.

Hate to say it but they have a good manager in Ronnie Moore and he's bringing in some good players, 7 already signed and he has plenty of money to spend. Small gap from top to bottom in this league and i think they may well have at least a playoff place come May 06.

G
He's a tw*t but he's pretty good. You cannot deny that Chuckle. The only dent on his CV so far seems to be relegating Rotherham but taking them to the Championship and keeping them there is a pretty darn good achievment.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Parrot said:
Dark horse's for next season should also include Doncaster, Blackpool & Walsall!
Would agree with Doncaster as they have money to spend and Walsall but not so sure about Blackpool if im honest.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Blackpool for def, keigan parker is a very decent player, and hendry is improving, moore is crap, he nearly sent 2 teams down in a season!

May 22, 2005
Oldham have got to hope all these signings gel together as a team quickly. We have a better chance of getting off to a flyer next season due to the fact most of our team is still together as a playing unit.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
I dont rate Moron as a manager.. Yes he got Rotherham promoted but they danced at the bottom yearly...

Hes nothing special...

So far i think Bristol look good.....

No one else is standing out to worry us over a season....

G
Oldham's search for a new striker could be coming to a close after agreeing a fee for Plymouth striker Scott Taylor.

The Latics are reportedly set for talks with the Argyle hit-man, who only joined the South West outfit in December of last year from Blackpool.

Taylor has struggled to settle down south and is now ready to end his exile by joining Oldham - who have been chasing several strikers all summer.

Andy Morrell and Juan Ugarte were the latest names to be linked with the League One outfit but it would now appear Taylor is the most realistic target.

Taylor has bagged 60 goals over the past three seasons and would be a notable coup should Oldham boss Ronnie Moore secure his signature.

Barnsley's Chris Shuker remains a target but it is expected that Tranmere will seal a deal for the diminutive midfielder in the next few days.

That would be another good signing for Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.