Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OMB Died May 19 2005 @ 10:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
I was alone on the OMB from approx 8am this morning and posted the last thread at about 10:30 shortly after which the OMB issued it's death rattle and expired.

But who gives a shit!

May 18, 2005
Actually, I am a touch sad about it.

Don't get me wrong, this appears to be a vastly superior alternative, particularly if it shapes up like it looks like it will, but I had a lot of good times on the OMB and it's been a part of my daily life for about 7 years.

I think the Club were wrong to let it die. It needed properly moderating, and the software was prehistoric, but a link with the fans to give a feeling of connection is worth a bit of effort. It's doubtful whether the Trust, Shipley Bantams or the BCISC would have been set up without the existence of the OMB.

The main difficulty this board will have is getting new members once the initial influx is over. The OMB could always count on new faces precisely because it was official and it was a natural starting point for people looking to post.

Having said that, if this stays properly moderated then hopefully it won't have the member drop off that the OMB suffered from. A lot of good regular posters just gave up on it because of the lack of moderation.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
The idea of this forum is to supply a service the club didn't, i.e a fun and friendly place to discuss and banter. We won't allow for the place to be run down in the same way the main boards were. Remembering Jon did all the modding on his own and this place has 3 mods so far and this will grow as the forums grow.

This site doesn't suffer from drop off in lurkers it just suffers from the luckers no posting :D

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I think if you click on send private message (In control center) it lists all registered users.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
So that would make 15 so far, not bad seeing as though it has only been open for just over 24 hours.
There were some problems with registering yesterday aswell, so really it's not 24 hours old yet.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The last thing we want to do is delete posts, but everyone has an idea of what the line is and pictures of sick images is way past the line. Personnally I would like to see less/no swearing on the board as this is an open messageboard and can be accessed by children, so remember that point when posting.

G
Yeah I was suprised it let me say S**t!!

Maybe Ed can automatically astrisise (is that a word??) any swear words?

May 18, 2005
Too true, at the end of the day we are all here to talk football and banter with each other. The main problem is that once people meet it gets to be on a personal level and inevitably arguments start. I for one have never met anybody off of these boards apart from Bald Bantam (which he doesn’t know yet!!) so when i comment there is no need to get personal.

I hope to post more now that it is in a much more friendly and controlled environment. That said i only posted 230 times on the OMB and must have posted at least 30 on here!!!

May 18, 2005
Bantam Of The Opera Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I for one have never met anybody off of
> these boards apart from Bald Bantam (which he
> doesn’t know yet!!)

??????????????????????

May 18, 2005
That narrows it down to about 20 people. I was carving everybody up with my Schumacher head on!

Hang on a sec, little Kev.... Mark's brother?

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Which Karting track did you go to, I myself have been to the one on Thornton Road which is indoor and to the 3/4 mile track outside Stockton where the karts are able to reach speeds of 75mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.