Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Outside the box-is it time to leave Valley Parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Reading the article on BFB 'Outside the Box-Is it time to leave Valley Parade' the writer suggests that we should move to a smaller purpose built stadium that we have a chance of filling. Although i like the idea of a new ground which would help the club to achieve its ambitions i strongly disagree with the suggestion that we need a smaller ground.

The Sunwin extension seems a waste of money in hindsight, but in a City this size we EASILY have the potential to fill a 25,000 capacity stadium, the right atmosphere around the club needs to be built up slowly though.

Julian Rhodes has often said he has a dream, much like Richmonds dream Rhodes seems to wholeheartedly believe that he will take us to the top 10 of the Premiership one day and keep us there. I share in that dream, we are not a rich city and we are not glamorous, but look at Hull, neither are they but within five years im betting they will be a comfortable Premiership team holding their own.

IMO we should attempt to mirror Hull, i already see signs of it happening (not to mention Julian Rhodes praise of Hull in his programme notes and saying he hopes to mirror their partnership with the council), the board are trying to create a positive image of a club on the up, if we have form on the pitch fans will start to believe we are a club on the up, those dissolusioned will start to jump back on the bandwagon. Then after a few years of been a club on the up with attendances slowly but steadily rising, you get a new fancy stadium and boom, the attendances sky rocket. The money flows in and additional revenue is gained from commercial, corporate events and sponsorship of the new stadium. Everybody wants to be a part of a club on the up.

Like it or not IMO this is the only way we will ever fulfill that dream of being a top 10 Premiership club.

The real problem would be where would the money come from to build the stadium, i think thats why the board have realised they must get the ball rolling by creating a positive attitude around the club and finance any new stadium ventures on long term success.

Smaller stadium my a.rse, the bigger the better and it will help us realise our ambitions.

May 20, 2005
If The Inner Cities of Bradford continue to decay and if the influx od immigrants from the subcontinent continue to come to Bradford, it is inevitible that City will have to move from VP. When finances permit City will HAVE to move to where it's traditional and core fan base is resident. Bradford City will have to move out to the Aire Valley if we want to sustain a profesional football club in the City. It's sad, I don't like it, but it will Have to happen in the not so distant future.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
You speak very fair their Dave, it will be a sad day ,but, everyone thinks the area is sheeite,(visiting fans say so)

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Vp

I am not opposed to us moving grounds for the club to move forward. A nice memorial to remember the fire victims could be incorporated in the site of what ever replaced VP.

However if the plans for Manningham come off - do they not intend to pull the buildings down in front of VP and build some sort of square. This could include some of the housing around the ground.

I know some people are sceptical - of whether the Manningham area can or will be improved - but having seen the regeneration of Newcastle/Gateshead and our neighbour - it could be a possibility as long as the investment and impetus to improve Bradford continues. If this becomes reality part of the development could be to improve the ground i.e. join the Bradford End - to the Sunwin with a new stand. Who knows a hotel or such like could be incorporated into the stand.

G

'I am not opposed to us moving grounds for the club to move forward. A nice memorial to remember the fire victims could be incorporated in the site of what ever replaced VP.'

Yep i agree with a new memorial. All would be sad to leave VP because of the fire so something special to commemorate the victims would ease some peoples fears that the fire would be forgotten.

May 20, 2005
Very good post Danny and one which I agree on 100%.....a green field site with a capacity of 20,000 designed in such a way where the capacity could be increased in the future should the need arise.

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
Where thpgh Is the question,just across the Road from Chuckle in gain lande whould have been perfect as a siteThere was a large lump of land at Tyersal where English Electric were,may still be enough even thogh it is patly built on.

May 20, 2005
I think we should be looking at out Skipton way. That's where the law abiding Bradford Citizen sick to death of the state Bradford is going are decamping. Funny you should mention Tyersal. They have just demolished the Old Whiteheads Mill and I thought that'd make a good place for a new Stadium for City should the need arise. Like I say though, only setback is, it's still in inner City Bradford, which is the only problem with VP IMHO. But it's a big enough problem to keep paying fans away.

G
20,000 initial capacity with the potential to almost double in size would be ideal. Hull City's ground without the top tier of the two tier stand would leave a ground of around 20,000. The Kingston Communications stadium capacity is currently 25,000 but has the potential to rise to 38,000. A ground with a capacity of 20,000 but the potential to rise to 38,000 would be ideal.

G
we actually have a goodish stadium, and won't move unless gordon gibb says so in a couple or we can afford to, and we don't want to
so in short its bollox it has to be near the centre to be bradford city

Status
Not open for further replies.